Did JB address Symir in the presser? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Did JB address Symir in the presser?

Coach was spot on about Bell, Taylor, Williams and Brown.

4 guys who did very little and should be doing a lot more for us to win and be a good team.

Coach was spot on about Bell, Taylor, Williams and Brown.

4 guys who did very little and should be doing a lot more for us to win and be a good team.
Taylor was fine. He missed a key rebound when a guy came over the top and out muscled him second half, but that happens. He had several good defensive plays including a steal and led a break. Had 2 missed threes that were good looks. His positioning on D is good. He won't usually get a lot of counting stats when Judah and Joe are out there for 40 each. Of course would like more rebounds from all forwards but it is true that Jesse is coming down with basically anything he jumps straight up for.

Taylor was fine. He missed a key rebound when a guy came over the top and out muscled him second half, but that happens. He had several good defensive plays including a steal and led a break. Had 2 missed threes that were good looks. His positioning on D is good. He won't usually get a lot of counting stats when Judah and Joe are out there for 40 each. Of course would like more rebounds from all forwards but it is true that Jesse is coming down with basically anything he jumps straight up for.
It is kind of funny that Bell gets heat for his lack of rebounding (it is deserved, he's comically terrible and I've never seen the ball appear to head straight toward a guy and not have him end up with it as often as happens with him) but last night he had 3 rebounds in 19 minutes and Taylor had 1 in 21 minutes.

It is kind of funny that Bell gets heat for his lack of rebounding (it is deserved, he's comically terrible and I've never seen the ball appear to head straight toward a guy and not have him end up with it as often as happens with him) but last night he had 3 rebounds in 19 minutes and Taylor had 1 in 21 minutes.
Plus 1 drop, wrestling with Bennie for it, only to drop it in the lap of a cardinal player sprawled out on the floor in the lane. Thus validating dead people can get rebounds

Anyone else notice what appears to be a grey “harness” of some type under Jessie’s jersey?

Clearly Symir nor his family were amused by JB comments to the press, nor should they be. I didn’t find it funny, I found it demeaning to a good kid who plays limited minutes but always competes hard, plays his role, and has a good attitude/energy. Just tell the press the kid is injured and leave it at that. And still some people don’t understand why kids don’t want to come play for JB anymore ‍‍smh.

Clearly Symir nor his family were amused by JB comments to the press, nor should they be. I didn’t find it funny, I found it demeaning to a good kid who plays limited minutes but always competes hard, plays his role, and has a good attitude/energy. Just tell the press the kid is injured and leave it at that. And still some people don’t understand why kids don’t want to come play for JB anymore ‍‍smh.
It was good for a quick laugh, but I wouldn't like it if I was a friend or family member.

Interesting that this is what they choose to be offended by. It was funny and JB has done much worse. I wonder if Sy and his family are disgruntled by lack or PT. Or I wonder if it turned out to be a serious injury.

Interesting that this is what they choose to be offended by. It was funny and JB has done much worse. I wonder if Sy and his family are disgruntled by lack or PT. Or I wonder if it turned out to be a serious injury.

I would wager there's definitely some unhappiness with his lack of PT.

I have no problem putting JBs feet to the coals, and unless JB is lying I don’t see what was wrong with his comments.

At least our hoops media continues it’s streak of not reporting an injury or illness until JB discloses it in a presser.

How’s Brown feeling these days?
Our media is behind a joke. If I was an editor Donna not Mike would have a job. It’s either a fluff piece or nothing. They both probably should’ve maxed out at the high school level.

Our media is behind a joke. If I was an editor Donna not Mike would have a job. It’s either a fluff piece or nothing. They both probably should’ve maxed out at the high school level.
Nah, they’re both very good. This is their one huge blind spot. I follow a lot of teams and this is the only one where injuries or illness aren’t reported. It’s bizarre.

Nah, they’re both very good. This is their one huge blind spot. I follow a lot of teams and this is the only one where injuries or illness aren’t reported. It’s bizarre.
Going below .500 last year may not be a big deal for other programs or coaches, IS a big deal with this program and for a coach that has never done it along with the steady decline for years yet there is zero reporting ever about the state of the program. As big as this program is to the community of Syracuse there should be far more reporting on the team and program.

I follow other teams as well, and not one of them have a local following like Syracuse basketball, yet Donna and Mike give no more information or opinions than student reporters.

What was the last story Donna or Mike broke? There’s more information from a fan board than from both of them combined.

Going below .500 last year may not be a big deal for other programs or coaches, IS a big deal with this program and for a coach that has never done it along with the steady decline for years yet there is zero reporting ever about the state of the program. As big as this program is to the community of Syracuse there should be far more reporting on the team and program.

I follow other teams as well, and not one of them have a local following like Syracuse basketball, yet Donna and Mike give no more information or opinions than student reporters.

What was the last story Donna or Mike broke? There’s more information from a fan board than from both of them combined.
What breaking news have they missed? I guess I missed it too, this board is mainly speculation not news.

What breaking news have they missed? I guess I missed it too, this board is mainly speculation not news.
Pretty much any news, if it’s not a fluff piece, recap, or preview I don’t think they write anything else.

I disagree, there’s plenty of information here, as well as big breaking news, if you listen to the right members.

I can’t tell you one thing that I’ve heard from Donna or Mike before I heard it here first.

Pretty much any news, if it’s not a fluff piece, recap, or preview I don’t think they write anything else.

I disagree, there’s plenty of information here, as well as big breaking news, if you listen to the right members.

I can’t tell you one thing that I’ve heard from Donna or Mike before I heard it here first.
I dont read the pay site for the newspaper. I have to think that there is a lot of stuff being posted there. However, I have met Donna and from what I recall she played in college and knows the game. We all want insider reporting but these are college kids and also, laws like HIPPA prevent them from saying anything about students health. Unless the school puts out an official statement, they cant touch it. I bet that they wont touch Symir injury either unless its official.

GO CUSE

I dont read the pay site for the newspaper. I have to think that there is a lot of stuff being posted there. However, I have met Donna and from what I recall she played in college and knows the game. We all want insider reporting but these are college kids and also, laws like HIPPA prevent them from saying anything about students health. Unless the school puts out an official statement, they cant touch it. I bet that they wont touch Symir injury either unless its official.

GO CUSE
That’s not how HIPPA works at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom