Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable. | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers gave up. And that is absolutely inexcusable.

There is no excuse for not trying. Does he expect his players to try their hardest?

There was a third down with about 4 minutes or so left where they just stood there looking to the sideline. No urgency from the sideline whatsoever.

Yup I was screaming at the TV. The whole offense stood there for literally 20 seconds staring at the sideline waiting for the play call. Then they had to rush up to the line and get the snap off, Servais was a touch late and the end blew right by him for an easy sack. A pathetic sequence, caused mostly by ineptness from the coaching staff.

Just 13 months ago a lot of us were thinking (or dreaming) we could win the ACC and maybe crack the playoff.

The football gods are not done punishing us yet. Probably something one of you did, definitely not me though. I haven't defiled anything in awhile.

And they WEREN'T WINNING THAT GAME. He didn't give up. Give it a rest.
It doesn’t matter. U play to win period. U never ever give up. I don’t understand people with ur logic. I try and try. Ur teaching young impressionable men it’s ok to quit. Well it’s not and u shouldn’t be a coach if u think it is. I’m really on the fence now with Dino.

How do we hold Dino accountable? I favor a stern talking too.

He is accountable for his record at the end of the season, not one loss to a heavily favored team, unless he is on the hot seat, which he is not.

Clearly my point was that Pitt has one of the best defenses in the country. Arguably top 10.

Feel free to change “held accountable” to “criticized” or whatever term you find more psychologically satisfying.

Clearly my point was that Pitt has one of the best defenses in the country. Arguably top 10.

Feel free to change “held accountable” to “criticized” or whatever term you find more psychologically satisfying.
Dino better thank god that we aren’t in the SEC as in year 5 and with the Offense as bad as it is (It is horrendous right now) with Dino being an Offense guru hired to fix the Offense and quitting like yesterday with 4 minutes left, I have serious doubts he would finish the day being the HC today.

1600607170626.png

Eh, there is a difference between the school holding Dino accountable and others criticizing him. But if Pitt’s defense is that good then the end result was as expected, the journey was just uglier than desired.

We’ve scored one touchdown in two games and you think we can score twice in two minutes. Be realistic. He can’t afford any more injuries.
Of course you have to try, even if the game has gone badly... use the three timeouts in one series and hope for a punt with little time off the clock

Games have been won and lost late, and often painfully

Scott's a big supporter of the program and helps out when needed, like those Signing Day announcements videos they put together. If he's not happy, it's no bueno

If that's the case, then that was an unusually shmucky tweet.
Because airing that hot take in a public medium is probably not considered helping out when needed.

And if he's such a big deal in the program, then he's probably got a direct line to someone at Manley who'd appreciate his coaching advice.

Last edited:

I'll bet you at the end of the year that's not the case.

Anyone know what his buyout is? For that reason alone I'm assuming he's definitely finishing out this year and next.

Pitt has some nice pieces on D but they will get shredded by an offense with a pulse. They haven’t played anyone yet.

Anyone know what his buyout is? For that reason alone I'm assuming he's definitely finishing out this year and next.
So who do we get to replace him if we buy him out that can fix this mess?
(I'm open to hear all opinions since so many want him gone already)

I think Dino should get this year and next year. Next year he has to show significant progress. Wins and losses sure but more importantly recruiting has to continue to improve. Coaches need to be held accountable and most importantly we need to be competitive against peer programs. Pitt, Duke, BC, NCS,
If not he should be fired.

Pitt has some nice pieces on D but they will get shredded by an offense with a pulse. They haven’t played anyone yet.

Maybe. The guy I rely on heavily for Vegas purposes had them as the #4 rated D coming into the season. Again, all teams included. Will be interesting to see if they can contain Ville.

Hopefully Dino is here for a long time. The earliest he will be let go is after 2021 and we have no clue what the coaching landscape will be at that time. If we need a new HC (which I hope we don't), we need to target a guy who has shown he can recruit players to his system. So a guy who has been HC at least 5 years. We can't take chances anymore. There are guys out there we can realistically get.

We went from debating whether Dino would get the number of wins to earn his right to stay to now talking about whether or not he will even finish games.

This feels like a step backwards.

Talked to someone yesterday at a big 10 school who said Sean Lewis is gonna be a coaching star in the next 5 years.. if Dino can’t get it turned around this year I say get rid of him and hire Sean Lewis before those Big 10 schools start calling

Sean Lewis before the B1G schools start calling him. Retain the defensive staff to the best of your abilities and bring in your own offensive staff. That should be the plan

Sean Lewis before the B1G schools start calling him. Retain the defensive staff to the best of your abilities and bring in your own offensive staff. That should be the plan
We miss Sean big time. Dino isnt a good play caller.

As much as I love him I’m not sure he could turn it around quickly but maybe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom