Dino creates doubt | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino creates doubt

I can't believe that he doesn't care. He is a coach. He has to care and want to win more than we do.
Ok. He does care. My point is Dino seems to be very happy with where he is at. Very comfortable. Maybe its an Hawaiian Ohana Chill thing but he doesn't seem concerned in the least.
This is most likely because he knows that he will be retained or if hes lucky fired as he would have the money without the work and be on the first flight to the West Coast he can find.
Hes not a fool. There is no long term future between Dino and SU. He will either be fired, his contract will not be renewed, or he will win and leave. The marriage is broken its just a matter of time.

I was 95% on the "fire dino" train after the surrender punt against Rutgers. Then he made the necessary changes, resurrected some semblance of an offense and I was good with him again. Now, the last 2 games the offense has been figured out and done basically nothing. Can he adjust twice in 1 season?
No

I expect to win one of the last two, if not both. Not orange glasses hope, not blind optimism, but full expectation. We’ve been in every single game all season and frankly should already be bowl eligible. I don’t know what today was, but it’s not anything like the rest of this year. And if we don’t win one, then losing the last 3 is simply a massive failure.

Get back home. Get on the practice field. Work hard this week, and execute next weekend.
NineOneSeven:

I appreciate your optimism and aggressive stance towards the rest of the schedule.

Who knows - in a game that's in the 4th quarter 3:03, Kansas 1-8, 0-6 (conf). is beating Texas 4-5, 2-4 (conf).
49 - 42. And, Kansas is not a good football team.

Which team do you think we will get that important win from State or Pitt?

Massive failure is sounding like a very good bet to me.

We waited two weeks for this pile of pooh that we saw on the field today. A total G Rob-esque performance. What a total let down this was. I'm actually pissed at myself for caring so much. I didn't think this was a good matchup for us, and I honestly didn't think we would win, but I felt we would show some level of competence. What we got was a total mess. A poorly coached team without any game plan or ability to execute.

If he gets all the credit for 2018 than he does for 2020 as well, and the two would cancel each other out.

Ok. He does care. My point is Dino seems to be very happy with where he is at. Very comfortable. Maybe its an Hawaiian Ohana Chill thing but he doesn't seem concerned in the least.
This is most likely because he knows that he will be retained or if hes lucky fired as he would have the money without the work and be on the first flight to the West Coast he can find.
Hes not a fool. There is no long term future between Dino and SU. He will either be fired, his contract will not be renewed, or he will win and leave. The marriage is broken its just a matter of time.
Who is going to hire him away after a few good years? No one. And if he has a few good years, we will keep him. No one knows what the future holds here. No one.

He can get 100% of the credit for 2018, for all I care. But can anyone honestly and in good faith disagree, that, as far as his 5 3/4 years at SU are concerned, 2018 was a massive outlier for Babers?

I think it’s more that 2018 was a massive outlier for Syracuse.

We’ve had the same problems and issues under like our last 5 coaches.

He can get 100% of the credit for 2018, for all I care. But can anyone honestly and in good faith disagree, that, as far as his 5 3/4 years at SU are concerned, 2018 was a massive outlier for Babers?
2018 was the year Eric was able to stay healthy is why we had a good team.

Its the never ending excuses for me.

Gotta beat NCSU or no bowl. I’ve watched this staff for several years vs Pitt. Im not holding my breath there.

Throw the ball downfield. I don’t care if a bears gnawing on Shraders arm mid throw. Throw it down field. Our adjustments yesterday were not just ineffective, they were laughably pathetic.

We have the talent to make this work. Can’t hold back in planning for the Pack. Gut check for the guys receiving salary checks.

Its the never ending excuses for me.

Gotta beat NCSU or no bowl. I’ve watched this staff for several years vs Pitt. Im not holding my breath there.

Throw the ball downfield. I don’t care if a bears gnawing on Shraders arm mid throw. Throw it down field. Our adjustments yesterday were not just ineffective, they were laughably pathetic.

We have the talent to make this work. Can’t hold back in planning for the Pack. Gut check for the guys receiving salary checks.
Yeah. Gotta make it happen.

We waited two weeks for this pile of pooh that we saw on the field today. A total G Rob-esque performance. What a total let down this was. I'm actually pissed at myself for caring so much. I didn't think this was a good matchup for us, and I honestly didn't think we would win, but I felt we would show some level of competence. What we got was a total mess. A poorly coached team without any game plan or ability to execute.

1636905449688.jpeg

Did Dino really blame the bye week?

Since 2016 (and excluding the 2020 season in which byes were all over the place), ACC football teams have a collective .513 winning percentage after the bye week.

#Syracuse is .200 with the extra week to prepare, worst in the Conference.

Yikes.

The fact we are multiple standard deviations worse than average with more time to prepare has to be as telling a fact as any that our coaching is bad.

Ugly loss.
I dunno about y'all but going into this match up I was excited and thinking about the last two wins, a bye week for rest and healing, that Dino was dancing with his players getting them all hyped up and acting all crazy and ….well, what I saw was a team and a coach that looked horribly lost and confused.
Where was the hunger, the emotion and that momentum that we all felt?
Dino visited a kid on the west coast and hung with family in Cali all week. The game plan had zero creativity zero anything. Guys mailing it in.

Who is going to hire him away after a few good years? No one. And if he has a few good years, we will keep him. No one knows what the future holds here. No one.
The past is often a great look into the future. Dino most likely isnt going to magically become a great coach or program builder.
He made his bones continually changing teams, winning with other coaches players and an offensive scheme that worked for a year or two because it was new.
Once opposing teams had a chance to play against and scheme against his O didn't work anymore. Its like a decent pitcher. First few times a batter faces a new guy the pitcher usually wins. Next time they face each other not so much.
Dino has had to change both his core D and O schemes because he couldn't recruit for them and because opposing teams had him figured out.
He is a good guy, and a lousy coach. His ceiling is very low. Hes not the answer regardless of how much time he is provided.

Dino visited a kid on the west coast and hung with family in Cali all week. The game plan had zero creativity zero anything. Guys mailing it in.

Dino spent the Bye Week recruiting.

He was back in Syracuse the week before the Louisville game.

I got off the Dino train after Rutgers and by that I mean I lost faith that he was the guy for the job. However, I have also been adamant that we wait for the entire season to play out for a full and final evaluation. I have not been an advocate of firing him in-season. The prospects for a bowl much less a winning season are looking very grim though.

Remember what we used to say near the end of Coach P’s tenure; ”it’s not that we lost, it’s HOW we lost”? It feels a lot like that today. A LOT like that.
If they finish 5-7 he needs to be fired 10 minutes after the Pitt game

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom