Dino is my coach | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino is my coach

we've had the NFL steal a few for head coaching jobs* recently. of course it helps to have your program ranked.

(*mac and marrone.)

Dino and the program are on a upward swing right now, Tucker is know throughout the college football world and we have been very competitive all year.
With the new environment some Factory will drop a legal bag and lure Tucker away.

I believe Dino today will certainly be back next year he has given the athletic director enough to allow them to bring him back and not pay for a buyout. That being said if he can win one more game he would deserve it anyway and if he loses out I would say he certainly doesn’t deserve another year. He has made some decisions that were atrocities, and he has been a loser more times then a winner and not consistently good. A Bowl game would go a long long way to making up for the majority of his time here at Syracuse.

I'd like us to take full advantage of the portal. As for Shrader, I'm hoping our style of offense doesn't keep some top talent receivers from coming here. I'm not sure this is the offense that I would come to if I were trying to showcase my talent as a receiver. That said, hopefully Shrader can continue to improve.
Part of the reason we have the style we have is that our WRs have been very inconsistent. I'm confident we don't actually want Shrader running for 150 ypg, but when he drops back and doesn't see an open guy or he feels like we have a better chance to pick up an important first down with his legs than a throw, he takes off. If guys can catch the ball more consistently and get open more, we'll see a better passing game. Shrader needs to develop there too. With the stacked boxes we're getting, an elite WR should see that he could be running wide open in secondaries averaging 20 ypc.

I think a good indication of where this team is and the overall program potential is how this group performs coming out of the bye. One would expect to see Shrader passing better. One would expect to see better pass blocking. One would expect to see fewer illegal procedure calls. We win 2 of 3, one can say Cuse played its best ball of the year at the end. And that's good.

I think a good indication of where this team is and the overall program potential is how this group performs coming out of the bye. One would expect to see Shrader passing better. One would expect to see better pass blocking. One would expect to see fewer illegal procedure calls. We win 2 of 3, one can say Cuse played its best ball of the year at the end. And that's good.
I'd already say we've seen almost weekly progress since Shrader was named starter. There seems to be a new wrinkle here or there every game. I don't expect to see much change in the passing game in a week. The most important thing Shrader is doing this week is resting. Same for the oline. The most improvement we'll see after this week will come from less pain.

The biggest reason we can be hopeful for the potential of the program is that such a high percentage of guys making an impact this year will be back next year. This isn't simply a "our talent is on the bench waiting to mature" year.

I'd already say we've seen almost weekly progress since Shrader was named starter. There seems to be a new wrinkle here or there every game. I don't expect to see much change in the passing game in a week. The most important thing Shrader is doing this week is resting. Same for the oline. The most improvement we'll see after this week will come from less pain.

The biggest reason we can be hopeful for the potential of the program is that such a high percentage of guys making an impact this year will be back next year. This isn't simply a "our talent is on the bench waiting to mature" year.
I hear you...
The only thing I would add is we have 2 weeks to get healthy and improve due to the bye.
Guys like Alford should be more "comfortable" and even the utility of Benson as a weapon SHOULD be present(?) maybe. Imagine the "room" created for Tucker and Shrader on the ground if we had an average passing attack.

I hear you...
The only thing I would add is we have 2 weeks to get healthy and improve due to the bye.
Guys like Alford should be more "comfortable" and even the utility of Benson as a weapon SHOULD be present(?) maybe. Imagine the "room" created for Tucker and Shrader on the ground if we had an average passing attack.
Sure, your last sentence makes total sense. I just don't think we're going to see a massive change in the passing game over the bye, maybe a small one. If that comes, I think it will be during the offseason.

I believe Dino today will certainly be back next year he has given the athletic director enough to allow them to bring him back and not pay for a buyout. That being said if he can win one more game he would deserve it anyway and if he loses out I would say he certainly doesn’t deserve another year. He has made some decisions that were atrocities, and he has been a loser more times then a winner and not consistently good. A Bowl game would go a long long way to making up for the majority of his time here at Syracuse.
well said --he needs to reverse his consistency ----dungey bailed him out the first time. tucker and shrader are doing it now. dino has learned some things but needs to learn more. we all know the issues, but one character issue is is his stubborness, that has held back his growth. he may have coached at some big time places, but his atrocious calls had cost us 3 games. he has been a deer in the headlights as a p5 coach, but i believe he may have learned some things time will tell . he also need a st coach . i also believe that he can right the ship, if he continues his personal growth. he is doing so WITH the team and it is all coming together--i hope

well said --he needs to reverse his consistency ----dungey bailed him out the first time. tucker and shrader are doing it now. dino has learned some things but needs to learn more. we all know the issues, but one character issue is is his stubborness, that has held back his growth. he may have coached at some big time places, but his atrocious calls had cost us 3 games. he has been a deer in the headlights as a p5 coach, but i believe he may have learned some things time will tell . he also need a st coach . i also believe that he can right the ship, if he continues his personal growth. he is doing so WITH the team and it is all coming together--i hope
no we don't, we just think we do and continue to post about it. Big difference

I also don't understand about good players bailing him out. Seems ridiculous to me

There was a great picture of Dino talking to the team postgame and Mikel Jones is in front and is just beaming with a huge smile. These guys believe in Dino. Every single year in the offseason Dino makes a move to correct something that went wrong. I expect more of the same.

That’s too much expectation for a bye week. At this point in the season expect small increments at best as well as progression and regression depending on what the opponent is doing.

My big concern for this team is on 13Nov21. Babers has not been very good coming off a bye week. In my very humble opinion the Louisville game is the best chance to get the sixth win. If Syracuse comes out sluggish and penalty prone it will be very tough sledding to beat NC State or Pittsburgh. Get win six right off the bat and we can all enjoy a bowl game. Go !!

My big concern for this team is on 13Nov21. Babers has not been very good coming off a bye week. In my very humble opinion the Louisville game is the best chance to get the sixth win. If Syracuse comes out sluggish and penalty prone it will be very tough sledding to beat NC State or Pittsburgh. Get win six right off the bat and we can all enjoy a bowl game. Go !
Agree. We take a step up in weight class after the Cards. If we can get that 6th win vs Louisville it gives us flexibility and then we can see what SU is made of against the final two foes. Lose to Louisville and things get a lot more dicey.

73963803.jpg

That’s too much expectation for a bye week. At this point in the season expect small increments at best as well as progression and regression depending on what the opponent is doing.
The last 2 games, Shrader is 21 of 48...pass completion rate of 44%. Going 13 for 22 against L'ville is too much to expect? REALLY??
Did you see the 2 hits Shrader took (TD pass for win vs Vatech and the fumble against BC)? Those were totally blown blocking assignments that can be easily ironed out.
Can the OC set a goal of 1 illegal procedure call/game...heck we had 3 in the 1st qtr. against BC.
Why have practice(s) if improvement is not an objective?
This team is/was beat up physically and mentally after playing 9 weeks straight. On the field performance ought to be one of this team's best against the Cards after a bit of rust gets kicked off.

The last 2 games, Shrader is 21 of 48...pass completion rate of 44%. Going 13 for 22 against L'ville is too much to expect? REALLY??
Did you see the 2 hits Shrader took (TD pass for win vs Vatech and the fumble against BC)? Those were totally blown blocking assignments that can be easily ironed out.
Can the OC set a goal of 1 illegal procedure call/game...heck we had 3 in the 1st qtr. against BC.
Why have practice(s) if improvement is not an objective?
This team is/was beat up physically and mentally after playing 9 weeks straight. On the field performance ought to be one of this team's best against the Cards after a bit of rust gets kicked off.
That’s part of the normal variation, regression and progression. Shrader was 56% vs Florida St and Wake Forest. He dipped and now we hope he gets better, but your post makes the bye week sound like an entire season. We are not going to fix major problems in a few practices. If everything was so easy we wouldn’t have had the issues in the first place.

My big concern for this team is on 13Nov21. Babers has not been very good coming off a bye week. In my very humble opinion the Louisville game is the best chance to get the sixth win. If Syracuse comes out sluggish and penalty prone it will be very tough sledding to beat NC State or Pittsburgh. Get win six right off the bat and we can all enjoy a bowl game. Go !!
This post makes total sense. We have a very tough finish here. We've been awful on the road under Dino and worse when trailing at the half. We need to have a halftime lead on Lville and stuff it down their throats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom