Dino is my coach | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino is my coach

This post makes total sense. We have a very tough finish here. We've been awful on the road under Dino and worse when trailing at the half. We need to have a halftime lead on Lville and stuff it down their throats.On defense, the key will
On defense, the key will be stopping Louisville's mobile QB. Sometimes SU is good at it (Liberty, VT), sometimes not so good (FSU).

My big concern for this team is on 13Nov21. Babers has not been very good coming off a bye week. In my very humble opinion the Louisville game is the best chance to get the sixth win. If Syracuse comes out sluggish and penalty prone it will be very tough sledding to beat NC State or Pittsburgh. Get win six right off the bat and we can all enjoy a bowl game. Go !!
Yes! Get a win at Louisville and it changes everything. The attitude of the team will soar. It will make a win at NC State and at home against Spitt that much more doable.

Lville lost a star defensive backfield player. We should watch how they compensate for his loss this week and game plan for passing game as they will stack the box for sure.

On defense, the key will be stopping Louisville's mobile QB. Sometimes SU is good at it (Liberty, VT), sometimes not so good (FSU).

If I’m not mistaken, against FSU we weren’t prepped for the qb that started no?

We were prepped for their other qb who was far less of a running threat?

I can’t remember fully but I feel like that might have been something

There was a great picture of Dino talking to the team postgame and Mikel Jones is in front and is just beaming with a huge smile. These guys believe in Dino. Every single year in the offseason Dino makes a move to correct something that went wrong. I expect more of the same.
20211103_105422.jpg

That’s part of the normal variation, regression and progression. Shrader was 56% vs Florida St and Wake Forest. He dipped and now we hope he gets better, but your post makes the bye week sound like an entire season. We are not going to fix major problems in a few practices. If everything was so easy we wouldn’t have had the issues in the first place.
we'll have to see what happens......
There are over 100 college D1 level QBs with season long completion rates of better than 57%...
variations, progressions and regressions included.
Alford, Jackson and Queeley, I believe are 1st year starters..or maybe it just seems so because Taj was frequently targeted. Ilaoa and Ellis are wet behind the ears as well. Give this group 8 practices and Shrader 2 weeks without contact to deal with his rib issues, Cuse better be scoring in more than 1 quarter.

If I’m not mistaken, against FSU we weren’t prepped for the qb that started no?

We were prepped for their other qb who was far less of a running threat?

I can’t remember fully but I feel like that might have been something
We also weren't prepped for the bogus noncall for holding or bogus roughing the passer penalty.

I'd already say we've seen almost weekly progress since Shrader was named starter. There seems to be a new wrinkle here or there every game. I don't expect to see much change in the passing game in a week. The most important thing Shrader is doing this week is resting. Same for the oline. The most improvement we'll see after this week will come from less pain.

The biggest reason we can be hopeful for the potential of the program is that such a high percentage of guys making an impact this year will be back next year. This isn't simply a "our talent is on the bench waiting to mature" year.
Finally, some sanity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom