Dino's Presser after Liberty | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Presser after Liberty

The ball to Baron was a tad behind and the defender seemed to prevent him from securing the ball as I saw it live
I didn’t see replay
Agree, the pass wasn’t great and I saw the defender grab Barron’s helmet and face mask to tackle him. The refs had a bad day and this was one of the many calls they missed.

Not sure, I’m not that aware. Whoever it was, it was insanity.
Have we ever figured out who calls plays? I thought I remembered at the beginning it was Babers, Lewis and Lynch all consulting on plays or something crazy like that. Then one year it was Lynch then Babers took over. I have no idea.

You're being a drama queen. This won't be talked about for long.

We'll talk about it for a long time. This is worse than the Akron loss.

I take no pleasure in writing that.

Reactions: FAL
Have we ever figured out who calls plays? I thought I remembered at the beginning it was Babers, Lewis and Lynch all consulting on plays or something crazy like that. Then one year it was Lynch then Babers took over. I have no idea.

I’m not sure why there isn’t a clear answer to this question.
Either nobody has asked or Dino has been secretive.

This seems like something that should be a lot more straightforward.

Dino has asked for plenty of resources in the last 4 years in terms of expanding the staff, practice facility, locker room, technology, increased coaching budget. The University has delivered for the most part. What we are witnessing on the field is very ugly for year 5 of his tenure.

I agree. Considering the BS Taj pulls during games when cameras are on imagine the shxt he does in practice and behind the scenes.
He feels toxic to me.
also, taj about get out of bounds at the end of the first half? What the hell was that time management

I’m not sure why there isn’t a clear answer to this question.
Either nobody has asked or Dino has been secretive.

This seems like something that should be a lot more straightforward.

I've never been satisfied with the play-calling or clock management since Dino has been here. (Are fans ever satisfied with those things?) :mad:

I think that if you are going to have a single running back in the backfield, as everyone does these days, you've either got to have a dominant offensive line that protects the quarterback and allows him to check down all his receivers and deliver the ball uninterrupted on play after play and can get the back clean past the line of scrimmage on the limited number of running plays you can run with one guy. or you need to have a mobile quarterback who can create on the run and be a secondary running threat so the defense can't focus on stopping the one running back. We have neither and thus have limited options.

I seem to recall one of the player's dad who use to frequent the site indicated that babers was calling plays of course this was a few years ago.

Dino doesn't swear. You guys notice the "We've got to frigging start tackling." ?

I've never been satisfied with the play-calling or clock management since Dino has been here. (Are fans ever satisfied with those things?) :mad:

I think that if you are going to have a single running back in the backfield, as everyone does these days, you've either got to have a dominant offensive line that protects the quarterback and allows him to check down all his receivers and deliver the ball uninterrupted on play after play and can get the back clean past the line of scrimmage on the limited number of running plays you can run with one guy. or you need to have a mobile quarterback who can create on the run and be a secondary running threat so the defense can't focus on stopping the one running back. We have neither and thus have limited options.
Need some more deception like the play where we put Lutz in motion and then threw it to Hackett for the TD. We need more of this. The RPO where everyone knows the QB isn't going anywhere is silly.

What ever happened to the Bad News Bears philosophy. Taking players and getting the best out of them. Making them believers. Or was that Liberty today? The new kids on the block. but playing their hearts out to prove that Liberty is one of the big boys. We need to be that team. I thought Babers was coaching that way, especially when we beat Clemson. He needs to get that back. He needs to get players to play above their ability or to their highest ability. I don't feel like the players are buying in. Babers needs to make believers out of them. To put the TEAM mentality back into the program. Many of the players we see on other teams probably are no better than our players other than a Trevor Lawrence type of player who is in a league all their own. We have injuries, and he has to get the most out of those who are next in line. We can not settle for less, and Babers needs to operate with that philosophy, with that fire. We have quality players. We just need to pull that quality out of them.

The ten plus or whatever we are missing, there's clearly a hole in whatever he recruited a few years ago.

Candidly Rex looked fine behind that line.
Starting to wonder if the O linemen are intentionally injuring themselves to make it easier to justify transferring out... or as a way to get cav fired. Who knows.

Dino has asked for plenty of resources in the last 4 years in terms of expanding the staff, practice facility, locker room, technology, increased coaching budget. The University has delivered for the most part. What we are witnessing on the field is very ugly for year 5 of his tenure.
Has Dino asked for $ for an OC who can call intelligent plays and scheme players open? Cuz he hasn’t done that yet. Has he asked for $ to upgrade his staff’s developmental abilities?

Opening 3rd down call was horrible. Get first downs, move the chains, get the ball to multiple players to get everyone engaged, scout their alignments and personnel, etc. that should be your first drive.

Dino can’t make that mistake. So he owned it, whoop-de-do.

He also can’t:
[1] fail to take time outs late in first half when LU was driving and D was gassed (he got bailed out by the fumble, but imagine if there was an extra minute on the clock at the time of the fumble, could have had a chance at a field goal),
[2] onsides kick with nearly 9 minutes remaining,
[3] take last 2 time outs too early in 2nd half on D (approx 8:30 mark and 5:30 mark).

His in-game and time mgmt have always been lacking. I want him to have a couple more years, but he needs to “develop” just as badly as some of the players do.
At his age its too late. He isn't going to magically become a good game planner, game caller, or in game adjustment coach.
There is only one thing he can do. Hire the best OL coach, OC and recruiters possible. Dino is on a respiratory. He will get next year because of Covid and financial considerations but he is on very thin ice.

I think the miss is the recruiting the year after the 10 win season. My late father used to tell me (over and over and over again) you strike the iron while it's hot. In that case, my dad would have been right. We needed a year where we recruited like a 10 win program. And we didn't.
I truly believe we didn't because Dino fully expected to be the next coach at USC.

Not true. We still talk about the Akron loss. How long ago was that. We talk about coach p losing to temple.

You make my point. WE talk about it. Not players, recruits, the networks or opposing fans. It happened and its over. This happens in all sports, but as I said, Liberty is not a pile of crap. History will prove we have had worse losses by far.

I didn't watch but I'm assuming this is a joke. I just don't get it, we have a hard enough time getting first downs or sustained drives. 3 and 2 you call for 30-40 yard pass play... unbelievable.
That play call was inexcusable. You need first downs, ball control ... and on the first series of the game, in a manageable spot for a first down, we throw what was not much better than a Hail Mary. With injuries and defections, our margin for error, even against Liberty, doesn’t allow for these wasted opportunities.

The ten plus or whatever we are missing, there's clearly a hole in whatever he recruited a few years ago.

Candidly Rex looked fine behind that line.
Yeah he looked fine standing but his throwing motion has to be part of his inconsistently short passes that go into the ground. Long ball seems ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom