dion being dion | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

dion being dion

Dion Waiters, best guard in college basketball :)

Screenshot_20191118-195748_Instagram.jpg

Sadly I was anticipating this. Since his suspension ended a while ago and he was back with the team , he has yet to have played a minute in any game. I figured if he was behaving, the lack of playing time would create some definite acting out. If the Heat wasn’t playing him because of issues, attitude or playing shape then it would be public soon. Either way, something was up. Hope he gets the help he needs.

Dion is a talent meets embarrassment.

our second most talented alum in the league doesn’t play because he is an idiot multiple times.

Loved his tenacity at Cuse, and disappointed he has allowed himself to become a joke. He is.

Here’s to Jerami. Make us proud.

Dion is a talent meets embarrassment.

our second most talented alum in the league doesn’t play because he is an idiot multiple times.

Loved his tenacity at Cuse, and disappointed he has allowed himself to become a joke. He is.

Here’s to Jerami. Make us proud.

Meh we overrate his talent. He's out of shape, doesn't play defense, and can't shoot. His career numbers are below replacement player level.

Meh we overrate his talent. He's out of shape, doesn't play defense, and can't shoot. His career numbers are below replacement player level.
That doesn't mean he lacks talent. It means he's to lazy/stupid to take advantage of it.

Why has that seemed to be the case for so many of Syracuse's most talented players over the years?

Last edited:
That doesn't mean he lacks talent. It means he's to lazy/stupid to tale advantage of it.

Why has that seemed to be the case for so many of Syracuse's most talented players over the years?

I think a lot of fans overrate him and liked him because he was exciting and liked to tomahawk dunk. He was solid in 2012, but so were Kris Joseph and Brandon Triche yet most of the board never liked either of them. JMO.

I think a lot of fans overrate him and liked him because he was exciting and liked to tomahawk dunk. He was solid in 2012, but so were Kris Joseph and Brandon Triche yet most of the board never liked either of them. JMO.
I liked all of them. It seems Dion was the most talented based on the length of time they have all spent in the league. I never thought he was Dwayne Wade like some on here wanted to compare him to, but you don't have to be the equal of a HOF player to be really good.

That doesn't mean he lacks talent. It means he's to lazy/stupid to take advantage of it.

Who are these players you so cynically believe have been too lazy or stupid to take advantage of their talent?

Last edited:

Dion was dominant his sophomore, come on now. He’s plenty talented, just lacks mental strength and honestly the guys had a really tough life. I hope he figures it out soon.

Dion was dominant his sophomore, come on now. He’s plenty talented, just lacks mental strength and honestly the guys had a really tough life. I hope he figures it out soon.

Stats don't lie...

Stats don't lie...
Much of his career he had to play alongside Kyrie and Westbrook, two guys who do not make teammates better. I think Dion’s a very serviceable 6th man/off the bench for a contender guy.

When he has his mind right he is extremely talented. He needs a fresh start away from South Florida.

Who are these players you so cynically believe have been too lazy or stupid to take advantage of their talent?
Billy Owens, he said so himself. Before his heart condition slowed him down, as good as he was, DC was viewed as being lazy. Karl Malone at one point said he could be the best power forward ever, if wanted it. Donte Greene. Dion.

In contrast to that, less talented players have carved out great careers. Sherm did well considering how undersized he was. Jason Hart probably had a longer career than almost anyone could have anticipated. John Wallace, Etan Thomas, and Hakim Warrick probably maxed out their potential. Jerami Grant is having a good career.

Was super excited to see him get the contract and excited to see what he could do this year and his mistakes have cost him. With Herro and Nunn playing very well the heat don’t need him at this point, and with the way they are playing they don’t need to play him to mess with the chemistry.

if the heat want to cut him they have to pay him his contact money correct? he got 4 years 52 million IIRC
not 100% sure how this works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom