Dion is no longer in shape | Syracusefan.com

Dion is no longer in shape

Cuse4

Scout Team
and man o man is it showing... Even just looking at him you can see he is not as trim as earlier in the season... he doesn't even seem to be able to turn the corner with the speed he had earlier... not nearly as active on defense either... he was the reason we could just blow a team out, and now we don't have it in us... he needs to get it together quickly because he is the engine that makes us really go... no, I'm not saying this is the only issue, but when he plays at the level he was at earlier in the season, the other issues we may have don't even seem to matter... he makes us NC good

and man o man is it showing... Even just looking at him you can see he is not as trim as earlier in the season... he doesn't even seem to be able to turn the corner with the speed he had earlier... not nearly as active on defense either... he was the reason we could just blow a team out, and now we don't have it in us... he needs to get it together quickly because he is the engine that makes us really go... no, I'm not saying this is the only issue, but when he plays at the level he was at earlier in the season, the other issues we may have don't even seem to matter... he makes us NC good

I feel like I am going insane...

Some people need their internet privileges revoked. Yes I'm probably one of them.

He's just regressing to the mean. He is not that guy we saw for a brief stretch in the early season. He was hitting a lot of low percentage shots. Those shots are not going to continue to go in.

I think there is something to this... too much time in the buffet and beer lines? He doesn't look like November and December Dion.

I don't agree that he is out of shape since I don't think you can suddenly get out of shape. But I do believe that at times when he is playing poorly he is tired and sometimes is left in the game a possession or two too long.

Some people need their internet privileges revoked. Yes I'm probably one of them.
They tried, but took it from the wrong guy, some dude named Paul Allen.

I will tell you what he shouldnt be doing is slamming his hand on the court when he makes a bad play like he did the other night and then have to shake it off. Anyone else catch this? What

I think the shortening of the bench is having an affect on everyone!

I think there is something to this... too much time in the buffet and beer lines? He doesn't look like November and December Dion.

This is a thread that should have had side by side pictures in the first post. If there are no pictures or no concrete evidence, such as weight and BMI numbers, then it shouldn't be discussed at all. I think he is forcing shots against defenses that are much more compact than what he played against 6 weeks ago. When we stopped hitting threes, the middle became congested, and Dion's room to maneuver all but disappeared.

We were two or three JSouth/KJo/Scoop triples from opening that defense last night and running away with it. You have to make teams pay for dropping into the lane or they will stay in there. USF committed to stopping our drives and inside shots. They gave us some nice looks we didn't take.

I will tell you what he shouldnt be doing is slamming his hand on the court when he makes a bad play like he did the other night and then have to shake it off. Anyone else catch this? What
I did. My son tried to mimic him so I quickly suplexed him. True story.

You know I agree completely...I haven't held any pics side by side but I could have sworn he looked more cut earlier in the season.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night watching the game when they showed him lining up for a FT that he looked "out of shape" - keep in mind when I say this that he is still in better shape than 99% of the general population but still compared to earlier this year I think it is true.

The problem with dion is that he read that he was a lottery pick in December and hasn't looked the same since. There's a reason players shouldn't read the headlines.

This is a thread that should have had side by side pictures in the first post. If there are no pictures or no concrete evidence, such as weight and BMI numbers, then it shouldn't be discussed at all. I think he is forcing shots against defenses that are much more compact than what he played against 6 weeks ago. When we stopped hitting threes, the middle became congested, and Dion's room to maneuver all but disappeared.

We were two or three JSouth/KJo/Scoop triples from opening that defense last night and running away with it. You have to make teams pay for dropping into the lane or they will stay in there. USF committed to stopping our drives and inside shots. They gave us some nice looks we didn't take.
I don't have pictures but go look at the Dion from Midnight Madness and Today's Dion... def put on a few

PeteCalvin: There is definitely something to the opposing defenses compacting but there is also something to Dion's stomach expanding.

I don't have pictures but go look at the Dion from Midnight Madness and Today's Dion... def put on a few
we must have not been reading "humble and hungry" in the right context

It's late in the year and the opposition is stronger opposed to who we played in Nov/Dec. I agree he's struggling to find his place in the offense, but I think it's more because teams aren't letting us get up and down the court like we want to. At this point Waiters isn't built to play in a half court game--hopefully he figures it out.

didn't that Bobcats scout comment that he was looking 'chunky' or something by his standards? I wouldn't be able to see the difference 5 lbs makes but maybe its there.

this is a joke right?

You be the judge. Here is one from post-game last night.
dion fat.jpg

funny i noticed the same thing last nite. he looks thicker, definitely put on a couple. he looked more like last year's dion.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

funny i noticed the same thing last nite. he looks thicker, definitely put on a couple. he looked more like last year's dion.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Dion Freshman:

260825829001_1246266066001_2011-03-11-dn-subasket16.jpg

Dion last week:

bilde

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online