Class of 2020 - DL Akheem Mesidor (ON) Transferring from WVU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DL Akheem Mesidor (ON) Transferring from WVU

Made the big block on the okie guy to win the game for w v in bowl. Forget his name but he played with erv and Stehle I believe.
Steve Maw. 6'7" in HS and I didn't know he was on the football team, went to Erie CC and suddenly figured it out. Graduated in 04 with me. Irv (Pitt) and Stehle (Wisconsin) were 05.

Steve Maw. 6'7" in HS and I didn't know he was on the football team, went to Erie CC and suddenly figured it out. Graduated in 04 with me. Irv (Pitt) and Stehle (Wisconsin) were 05.
Yeah he wasn’t a world killer in hs as I had been told. Didn’t like lifting and all.

we basically lost out on every battle today. It was a horrible closing effort by the staff.

we basically lost out on every battle today. It was a horrible closing effort by the staff.

He fell in love with WVU when he visited months ago. We were always fighting an uphill battle with this one.

Tom Briggs that I played with at Liverpool went to a JUCO and then went to WVU for his Junior and Senior years. The only thing that I remember him saying about that time was that off campus there was absolutely nothing...not just nothing to do but just nothing.

Why would anyone want to go there.

The party atmosphere and women. There's nothing else to do in Morgantown. It's a very difficult place to get to.

The party atmosphere and women. There's nothing else to do in Morgantown. It's a very difficult place to get to.
Morgantown is fine, it's not like we're talking about Barrow, Alaska. Beautiful country, easy access to Pittsburgh and DC... I was never bored there, and I wasn't into the party scene.

I don’t understand why we don’t have our own conceptual vids like this with the upcoming changes and facilities upgrades
You have to pay for them. Most architecture firms are reluctant to create these videos if there isn't a design to justify them. They can come back and bite you, as in "why that?" or "where is the thing from the video?" or "does anyone have any idea how much this waste will cost the taxpayers!?" and the project dies. Firms want to go through the entire design process and end with these videos. For something like this, that is a 6 month $750,000 effort (the design, not the video). The last $300,000 of design fee is in construction. Some schools are cheaper than that (WVU doesn't spend a lot, but neither does SU) and some firms would do a video earlier in the process, during DD phase if they are being pressed to.

Thank you!!!! Why are there no drawings of what the Dome will look like. We should be selling the $#it out of the New Dome.
There is no architect to do them. This project is being done without the benefit of a design architect. It is all engineers and construction team. That is why it looks a bit "ugly" or utilitarian.

There is no architect to do them. This project is being done without the benefit of a design architect. It is all engineers and construction team. That is why it looks a bit "ugly" or utilitarian.

There isn't a rendering out there of the new roof? that's strange

Thank you!!!! Why are there no drawings of what the Dome will look like. We should be selling the $#it out of the New Dome.

We’ve got the rendering of the outside of the Dome and the Syracuse skyline. I think it looks ugly and I probably would leave it out of any recruiting pitch because it looks ridiculous in my opinion. I’m hoping the updated lighting, sound system and I’m praying for orange seating/stands will make up for the outside.

There isn't a rendering out there of the new roof? that's strange
Why would there be? Why spend the time and money for criticism? The funding is in place and the project is underway. In the interest of efficiency, especially with money, no project will overspend unnecessarily. They don't need a render for permits, they can (and have) get away with elevations.

You have to pay for them. Most architecture firms are reluctant to create these videos if there isn't a design to justify them. They can come back and bite you, as in "why that?" or "where is the thing from the video?" or "does anyone have any idea how much this waste will cost the taxpayers!?" and the project dies. Firms want to go through the entire design process and end with these videos. For something like this, that is a 6 month $750,000 effort (the design, not the video). The last $300,000 of design fee is in construction. Some schools are cheaper than that (WVU doesn't spend a lot, but neither does SU) and some firms would do a video earlier in the process, during DD phase if they are being pressed to.

I'm sure they could enlist of few of their landscape architecture students and any number of other students in the graphic design field to come up with some pretty colorful edits of the concepts. My kid could put together the 'movie' on his ipad. Wouldn't cost that much.

We’ve got the rendering of the outside of the Dome and the Syracuse skyline. I think it looks ugly and I probably would leave it out of any recruiting pitch because it looks ridiculous in my opinion. I’m hoping the updated lighting, sound system and I’m praying for orange seating/stands will make up for the outside.

we're not selling the outside of the reno to recruits. but every walk through video i see starts outside. Not that hard to really spruce it up and add color. there's that one drawing of the outside with the glass courtyard/atrium etc. That would be good start.

then everything that's conceptualized inside the place should be showcased - the NFL stadium vibe which it seems to me is what they're going for. The scoreboard, lightning, locker rooms, new boxes whatever...(WVUs video in the first frame states "renderings are conceptual and subject to change" so we should do the same thing.

23538912-standard.jpg

Archbold_SU.jpg

Last edited:
we're not selling the outside of the reno to recruits. but every walk through video i see starts outside. Not that hard to really spruce it up and add color. there's that one drawing of the outside with the glass courtyard/atrium etc. That would be good start.

then everything that's conceptualized inside the place should be showcased - the NFL stadium vide which it seems to me what they're going for. The scoreboard, lightning, locker rooms, new boxes whatever...(WVUs video in the first frame states "renderings are conceptual and subject to change" so we should do the same thing.

View attachment 174524

View attachment 174525
An entire industry that includes a great deal of graduates from the top five program at Syracuse believes this should not be done, and can only lead to pain and challenges, but you of course are correct, it's not that hard.

Wasn't that video board once huge, four sided, and movable at one point? Can you imagine the backlash if that was rendered and sold and then not happen? People would scream the school and department weren't taking it serious and recruits will look at us poorly and when are we going to be a big boy program, and we should just drop football, etc.

They made a mistake not hiring an architect. I think they will do so for the interior work. This effort now has ONE focus, a new roof.

An entire industry that includes a great deal of graduates from the top five program at Syracuse believes this should not be done, and can only lead to pain and challenges, but you of course are correct, it's not that hard.

Wasn't that video board once huge, four sided, and movable at one point? Can you imagine the backlash if that was rendered and sold and then not happen? People would scream the school and department weren't taking it serious and recruits will look at us poorly and when are we going to be a big boy program, and we should just drop football, etc.

They made a mistake not hiring an architect. I think they will do so for the interior work. This effort now has ONE focus, a new roof.

Syracuse fans complaining? naaaah. Any public backlash (to something they didn't contribute to) is so far down the road anyways who cares and recruits are not going to care about it in the end. This is easy stuff and if I was HCDB I'd almost demand it. You bet your boy Schiano would. They need to produce a conceptual video of the inside, with the new bells and whistles. The scoreboard the off/on lighting and visual effects of what it might look like running out of the tunnel would be sweet.

The video board by the way is still going to be 4 sides. And big enough that it doesn't have to move. Sala won't put a number on it but said it'll be over the seating for basketball. That's big considering the bleachers as configured now run from the 30 yd line to the 45 yd line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom