Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
I'll ask again. Does anyone know when his contract expires?
I'd thought it had been renewed until the end of the 2023-2024 season. Could be way wrong about that. If accurate, though, the traditional beginning of renegotiation (or not) would start right about now.

He said our kids get less than $20,000.

Well, that’s pretty much bad for recruiting, to declare that we‘re the Dollar Store of NIL.

But, didn’t AW just spend waaaayyyyy more than $20K to get a PG recruit up to the Dome with some rapper? And didn’t we just get a commitment from that kid? And AW said the kid didn’t even bother to try to negotiate one dollar? Don’t we believe that kid is getting waaaaaayyyy more than $20,000?

Seems like JB is kinda clueless, not just misinformed. Arrogantly ignorant.

On a lighter note, did anyone watch Stevie Wonder and Chris Stapleton tear the roof off the place last night?
Back to your regular programming.

If someone called me at 2:30 in the morning
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards
My phone is on DND when I sleep and when I retire for my 2 hour nap from 5-7.

That's a lot of assumptions. Why is JB moving on this year worst case scenario? What if he did decide on his own to leave this year?

Also over the last few years the sentiment amongst the fans has been that any new coach needs time. 3-5 years of time. This community is more condensed with hard core fans but even this community for the most part hasn't expressed expecting a new coach to mean 25 wins year 1 or 2.
I also don't buy in a large number of players moving on because JB is no longer the coach. Brown? Taylor? Mintz might leave for more nil money. Or Bell. But they might not as well. A change has to come sometime. The guy is 78.

He said our kids get less than $20,000.

Well, that’s pretty much bad for recruiting, to declare that we‘re the Dollar Store of NIL.

But, didn’t AW just spend waaaayyyyy more than $20K to get a PG recruit up to the Dome with some rapper? And didn’t we just get a commitment from that kid? And AW said the kid didn’t even bother to try to negotiate one dollar? Don’t we believe that kid is getting waaaaaayyyy more than $20,000?

Seems like JB is kinda clueless, not just misinformed. Arrogantly ignorant.

I think he was talking about just guys on the roster now. And I agree advertising how little they make is not a great idea.

Reading between the lines, JB might not plan on being here in 2024 so he’s not counting that in his NIL comments.

I also don't buy in a large number of players moving on because JB is no longer the coach. Brown? Taylor? Mintz might leave for more nil money. Or Bell. But they might not as well. A change has to come sometime. The guy is 78.

If you’re a player with a market (Taylor and Brown qualify) what’s the incentive to weather the storm? Players commit to coaches.

That's a lot of assumptions. Why is JB moving on this year worst case scenario? What if he did decide on his own to leave this year?

Also over the last few years the sentiment amongst the fans has been that any new coach needs time. 3-5 years of time. This community is more condensed with hard core fans but even this community for the most part hasn't expressed expecting a new coach to mean 25 wins year 1 or 2.

There have been a lot of assumptions being floated these last few years, months, days.

I’m of the opinion fans are going to hasten his exit and not for the better. I’m also of the opinion there wasn’t a scenario where he’d be here beyond 2024 in the first place.

I think it’s great that JB threw some bombs, I just wish it were about tampering instead.
Throwing bombs? It’s like Trump talking about nobody is getting a turkey for Christmas and the dolts talking about litter boxes in schools, they’re not bombs if there lies and it makes him look ignorant.

If you’re a player with a market (Taylor and Brown qualify) what’s the incentive to weather the storm? Players commit to coaches.
True but we may benefit from a unique situation that both Brown and Taylor were friends before coming to Syracuse and may enjoy playing together. I recall Taylor's mom being all about Syracuse as well. That doesn't mean minds can't change but short of a new coach stating I don't want you or being a complete jackass, I would think that there is a good chance they will stay.

When a coach departs [or is canned], some will opt to leave, and some will stay [for any of a variety of reasons]. It's inevitable.

But not everyone will bail.

Not everyone; correct. But I’d venture to guess it will be most.

True but we may benefit from a unique situation that both Brown and Taylor were friends before coming to Syracuse and may enjoy playing together. I recall Taylor's mom being all about Syracuse as well. That doesn't mean minds can't change but short of a new coach stating I don't want you or being a complete jackass, I would think that there is a good chance they will stay.

I also have to believe that this latest class of players signed up knowing that JB might not be there for the entire duration of their careers, given his age. So maybe a new coach wouldn't be as big of a trigger event as it otherwise might be under different circumstances.

This gives me hope.

There have been a lot of assumptions being floated these last few years, months, days.

I’m of the opinion fans are going to hasten his exit and not for the better. I’m also of the opinion there wasn’t a scenario where he’d be here beyond 2024 in the first place.

I think it's a fair take even if we don't agree just FYI. Was only asking to better gather your pov.

Pretty sure in at least Taylor's case that Gmac is his guy. Not sure about Brown...But either way recruiting these days is only a guarantee for one year anyway.

An angle worth considering is the ‘clean house’ option. Meaning GMac and Autry leave alongside JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom