Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to? | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

Do you think Boeheim has a set retirement date that he will stick to?

• Yes

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No

Votes: 208 91.2%

• Total voters
I get the whole throwing stones thing. I know it’s hypocritical. JB should have been gone long ago. But I just don’t see us going after a guy like Sean Miller. They were doing a lot of very bad stuff at Arizona. Straight up paying for players is still not legal. Buying fake transcripts is definitely not legal. Which I know the assistants were charged with all that but Miller was still the HC.

Just because we are making a big mistake by hanging onto JB doesn’t mean we should just double down and hire another rule breaker. Just my opinion.

I get that people want to go the ‘cheating is cheating’ route, so JB and Miller are in the same boat. But not all cheating is created equal. What Arizona did under Miller was a lot worse than anything JB did. A lot.

I know nothing about any of this is good but JB taking such an extreme shot at Weitsman and saying he doesn't give us anything might be the worst.

If you are Adam how do you feel right now about your investment in SU Athletics and the lack of appreciation being shown to you in return?

Yeah, that was remarkably stupid of him to do.

Sorry about what? I agree with that statement. I agree that JB hasn't pounded the pavement the way he's needed to, or the way he used to. I've been immensely critical of him for that over the years, when the slippage became a disconcerting trend.

But I don't think that sending GMac as a head coach against Calipari is going to work, either. Same for Red.

And neither of their track records on the recruiting trail suggest otherwise, despite what some want to project.

Scooch pegged this correctly.
I don’t want Gmac or Red as coach either, I do think the assistants are in the worst situation compared to any other group of assistants that’s worked for JB though.

I get that people want to go the ‘cheating is cheating’ route, so JB and Miller are in the same boat. But not all cheating is created equal. What Arizona did under Miller was a lot worse than anything JB did. A lot.

Who cares? We've been on probation twice under Boeheim. Go back and read Raw Recruits and tell us about how Fat Rob was any different than Orlando Antigua. I mean, Kelvin Sampson was run out of town for NCAA violations at 2 different schools, and now he has Houston as a possible Final Four team.

Why didn't you say "what Arizona did under Miller was a lot worse that what SU did under Boeheim?" Or "what Miller did was a lot worse than anything Boeheim did?" Your phrasing allows you to dismiss Fab Melo (R.I.P.) and the exam incident, but the NCAA did not interpret coach lack of awareness as innocence (however arbitrary their standards can be).

I get the whole throwing stones thing. I know it’s hypocritical. JB should have been gone long ago. But I just don’t see us going after a guy like Sean Miller. They were doing a lot of very bad stuff at Arizona. Straight up paying for players is still not legal. Buying fake transcripts is definitely not legal. Which I know the assistants were charged with all that but Miller was still the HC.

Just because we are making a big mistake by hanging onto JB doesn’t mean we should just double down and hire another rule breaker. Just my opinion.

And Miller’s assistants took the fall and one went to federal prison and had a 10 year show cause placed on him basically ending his college coaching career.

No thanks.

Why didn't you say "what Arizona did under Miller was a lot worse that what SU did under Boeheim?" Or "what Miller did was a lot worse than anything Boeheim did?" Your phrasing allows you to dismiss Fab Melo (R.I.P.) and the exam incident, but the NCAA did not interpret coach lack of awareness as innocence (however arbitrary their standards can be).

I didn’t put that much thought into the phrasing.

What Miller/Arizona did makes what Syracuse/Boeheim did with Fab Melo’s paper look like an unpaid parking ticket.

When he decides it’s over, it’s over. No fanfare or tour like K.

And I respect that tremendously.
But how will a school like Duke, which JB has no longtime tradition in playing and no connection to, other than being a friend of its past and most successful coach, know when to create a scholarship in his name?

And Miller’s assistants took the fall and one went to federal prison and had a 10 year show cause placed on him basically ending his college coaching career.

No thanks.

How is Bernie Fine doing these days? For the amount of crap that Syracuse went through under JB we sure are quick to look down other coaches and programs.

I agree…..one caveat though. Recruiting to Syracuse got harder with the move to the ACC….it got much harder when players sharing the same last name of the coach said they were coming….and it’s damn near impossible now.

I’m not sure what Red and GMAC could do in a different environment. Maybe better, maybe worse.
This is such an underrated part in our current status. Whether you agree if it was true or not, the "daddy ball" line was 100% used against us for recruits.

How is Bernie Fine doing these days? For the amount of crap that Syracuse went through under JB we sure are quick to look down other coaches and programs.
Your post is crap. Where is the evidence that Bernie did anything? Two of his accusers recanted. The other two were drunk on Outside the Lines and changed their stories multiple times. And don't get me started on Mark Schwartz, witness tamperer extraordinaire. The FBI investigated for two years and found . . . nothing. All of his phones. All of his computers. All of his files. All of his records. Hundreds of interviews and . . . not a damn shred of evidence except for two drunk clowns. Get out of here with that ish.

Your post is crap. Where is the evidence that Bernie did anything? Two of his accusers recanted. The other two were drunk on Outside the Lines and changed their stories multiple times. And don't get me started on Mark Schwartz, witness tamperer extraordinaire. The FBI investigated for two years and found . . . nothing. All of his phones. All of his computers. All of his files. All of his records. Hundreds of interviews and . . . not a damn shred of evidence except for two drunk clowns. Get out of here with that ish.
Well, I think we all can agree he did "something"...it just wasn't illegal.

(or maybe folks think the Laurie phone call was fake, I dont know)

FWIW, I don't know what Fine has to do with JB at all.

It may be crap it is the reality we lived in. Did Bernie work any more after? Did we hire Bernie back? To say he did nothing wrong during his time here at Syracuse is naïve at best

It may be crap it is the reality we lived in. Did Bernie work any more after? Did we hire Bernie back? To say he did nothing wrong during his time here at Syracuse is naïve at best
He did not, but I think we should keep the focus on basketball and not bring up Bernie Fine or a car accident on 690 like some have. Accidents happen and people will do what they do when their boss is not around. It’s petty IMO.

Nothing compared to going to prison and having a 10 year show cause which is the harshest NCCA penalty. As to Bernie, regardless of each of our own personal feelings, he wasn’t found guilty of any crimes nor NCAA violations.

This is such an underrated part in our current status. Whether you agree if it was true or not, the "daddy ball" line was 100% used against us for recruits.
And basketball is won in the backcourt and we were hamstrung on recruiting those positions for what three years?

He did not, but I think we should keep the focus on basketball and not bring up Bernie Fine or a car accident on 690 like some have. Accidents happen and people will do what they do when their boss is not around. It’s petty IMO.

I agree I was just using it as an example that our program hasn't been the best ran program and to put down other coaches because of stuff that happened off the court is very hypocritical. I only brought it up because they said we can't high Miller because his assistant went to jail. We have a ton of stuff happen under JBs watch that we should be throwing stones at others...

Just like JB should be calling out other programs for "buying" players.

Nothing compared to going to prison and having a 10 year show cause which is the harshest NCCA penalty. As to Bernie, regardless of each of our own personal feelings, he wasn’t found guilty of any crimes nor NCAA violations.

Fine has a life long show clause because he will never work again and has never worked again in the NCAA...

I agree with poster above I will not talk about it anymore as it doesn't need to be rehashed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom