Does anybody still think Edwards... | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Does anybody still think Edwards...

We got outrebounded by 20 last night. UNC might just be terrible (candidly I find Roy's new style of play below him).

Channeling his inner JB, I thought I heard Roy say in last night's presser; it's simple, we simply just didn't make any shots, or along those lines. ;)

Joking aside, I wonder when was the last time we came away with a W when being crushed on the boards by such a large margin?

Channeling his inner JB, I thought I heard Roy say in last night's presser; it's simple, we simply just didn't make any shots, or along those lines. ;)

Joking aside, I wonder when was the last time we came away with a W when being crushed on the boards by such a large margin?

Vs Sparty in NCAA’s for sure.

You asked...

Why does it have to be either/or? He wasn't ready early on...fine. Heaven forbid a kid actually improve over the last 2-3 months and earn his way onto the court. Credit to Jessie for sticking with it, working and earning minutes.

Why does it have to be either/or? He wasn't ready early on...fine. Heaven forbid a kid actually improve over the last 2-3 months and earn his way onto the court. Credit to Jessie for sticking with it, working and earning minutes.
Reasonable replies have no business on a fan forum.

Ready for what?

JB is really smart to preemptive say this so he can use it whenever he is asked now.
I don’t believe for a second Edwards gets into the Ga. Tech if Marek doesn’t get foul trouble.

I don’t believe him. He is a smart guy who knows how to double speak.
That's where I'm at. I just don't believe certain things that are said anymore.

Well, say that then, Coach!
What's so hard about giving credit to the young man when asked directly, instead of the next day as a follow-up?

" Jesse's been working real hard w/ Griff these past few months, and it showed today. He's still raw but he gave us good minutes and hopefully can keep doing so moving forward".

Canned, predictable, cliched perhaps...but accurate! And so much better then saying nothing, or taking veiled passive-aggressive shots at him when its pointed out he did well.

Last edited:
That's where I'm at. I just don't believe certain things that are said anymore.
It’s sad but I don’t believe him. If this were true why didn’t Edwards get into the Duke game.
JB brought JBa in for 7 minutes.

JBA jumped Edwards despite the good practices for weeks.

He thinks we can’t use our heads or all like Cous.

Well, say that then, Coach!
What's so hard about giving credit to the young man when asked directly, instead of the next day as a follow-up.

" Jesse's been working real hard w/ Griff these past few months, and it showed today. He's still raw but he gave us good minutes and hopefully can keep doing so moving forward".

Canned, predictable, cliched perhaps...but accurate! And so much better then saying nothing, or taking veiled passive-aggressive shots at him when its pointed out he did well.
I dont believe the follow up. I think JB realizes that Gutierrez asked a legit question that would get second guessed after only Gutierrez asked him about after the game.

So by preemptively tying Edwards to playing to “practicing well” he can continue spinning that web.

It’s sad but I don’t believe him. If this were true why didn’t Edwards get into the Duke game.
JB brought JBa in for 7 minutes.

JBA jumped Edwards despite the good practices for weeks.

He thinks we can’t use our heads or all like Cous.
And as I've mentioned, JBA doesn't make any statistical contribution when he's in.

JBA had an awesome slide from the middle of the zone to contest a corner 3 by Duke. Sadly the shot was made by the Duke player but man did JBA close.
On offense, spacing is the most important thing.

On defense, guarding the perimeter is the most important thing.

But not if you're a guard. If you're a forward or center.

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS

"recent weeks"
Checks notes...had 2 games last week. He played exactly 0 minutes.
so we can ignore that he has made the some comments in PC the last couple weeks about how he has been practicing better? Almost like the light goes on for some players and how they perform.. Sometimes it does take one game to make it happen. sometimes it takes 4 yrs.

It could be a function of the teams we were playing against. UNC is big but really didnt challenge anyone with passing and moving which is usually what gets him into trouble.

so we can ignore that he has made the some comments in PC the last couple weeks about how he has been practicing better? Almost like the light goes on for some players and how they perform.. Sometimes it does take one game to make it happen. sometimes it takes 4 yrs.

It could be a function of the teams we were playing against. UNC is big but really didnt challenge anyone with passing and moving which is usually what gets him into trouble.
Can you show us those comments? Because it felt like he was actually saying the opposite.

Why did JBA go in the Duke game and not Jesse when we needed help in the middle?
That game JBA did nothing and got 7 minutes which was 2 minutes more than Jesse played ENTIRELY since January before he got in last Saturday.

Why did JBA go in the Duke game and not Jesse when we needed help in the middle?
That game JBA did nothing and got 7 minutes which was 2 minutes more than Jesse played ENTIRELY since January before he got in last Saturday.
I dont know maybe he was sick with food poisoning. I dont know the reason why he plays one over the other. I think Edwards is better too. But he says every week practice decides who will play in games..

I do think JB is gonna go with what he thinks will win the game as much as many here think thats not his number one goal

We went on a 10-0 run against duke with jba. it was somewhere around 22 points he cut it down to 12. Then we pulled him with 3:30 minutes left in the half. Made no sense really.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom