Does snow in Winston Salem... | Syracusefan.com

Does snow in Winston Salem...

Snow might keep the crowd away like the cold did at Va.Tech

Maybe we can get into the Wake players' heads right away. They'll come into the arena with 2 or 3 layers on and then see us strolling off the bus with shorts on.

Okay, but on a more serious note, could this disrupt our travel to WF or home? I'd be especially worried about an even shorter window to get ready for Duke.

All of the local TV stations down here are going crazy about the impending snowstorm. It's hilarious.

Just got to my hotel. It's snowing lightly and people are creeping on the roads. In Syracuse we would call this Tuesday in early November.

Most school systems in central North Carolina closed for Tuesday ... and there was NO snow accumulation. The roads go brine on Monday. I am an hour and a half south east of Winston Salem and we have yet to see any flakes.

It has been snowing all day here in Western NC. The side roads are a mess but the interstate is clear at this point.

It is supposed to stop snowing around midnight and be partially sunny in the morning. Unless the forecast is wrong and there is significantly more snowfall than the projected one inch most of it will have melted off by noon.

FWIW Leon just might be the worst storm name ever. Nothing scary about a name like Leon.

It has been snowing all day here in Western NC. The side roads are a mess but the interstate is clear at this point.

It is supposed to stop snowing around midnight and be partially sunny in the morning. Unless the forecast is wrong and there is significantly more snowfall than the projected one inch most of it will have melted off by noon.

FWIW Leon just might be the worst storm name ever. Nothing scary about a name like Leon.

Leon-poster.jpg

Don Beebe would agree. So would the Thanksgiving '93 Miami Dolphins.

Oh man. The irony if they have to cancel/postpone their first home game against Syracuse for a snowfall of tiny proportions.

No kidding. My little brother lives in Virginia, and if they get even an inch of snow they're all completely aphasic for three days.

Last edited:

Where in Western NC are you? I go out to The Dragon every spring. The roads out there, like the Cherohala Skyway, are dangerous when it snows.

Where in Western NC are you? I go out to The Dragon every spring. The roads out there, like the Cherohala Skyway, are dangerous when it snows.

I live 20 minutes south of Asheville in Henderson County. The Dragon is a very cool (and dangerous!) ride.

When I first got out of college I lived in Md. Used to love those 2-3 inch "snowstorms". Work would close for a couple days. I think we were closed one time for 3-4 days because of 7-8 inches. They just had no equipment to clear anything. I thought they were going to wait until summer for it to all melt.

Guinness said:
I live 20 minutes south of Asheville in Henderson County. The Dragon is a very cool (and dangerous!) ride.

My kids always make me stop at Biltmore Park in Brevard for Neo Burrito when we pass that way. In fact we will be there this weekend.

My kids always make me stop at Biltmore Park in Brevard for Neo Burrito when we pass that way. In fact we will be there this weekend.

Snow will be gone by this weekend. Supposed to be in the 50's and rainy.

try driving thru any traffic circle south of dc after 1 " of snow. it's a skinny minny miller roller derby pileup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom