Does the Nolton committment | Syracusefan.com

Does the Nolton committment

It bumped us up four spots in the team rankings. I'd like to think there's more to come with similar impact, just not sure who we are actually involved with. Things have been low key quiet.

I know Swag was pursuing a top WR from Florida at one time who was ranked similar to Nolton.

Money indicated Swag is going after another bigtime guy. Not sure if it's for this cycle or not but will be fun to see who and how that will play out.

Someone on another thread not sure who insinuated that this commitment is indicative of a step forward in recruiting for the program. Maybe if guys in the portal can recognize that and see how the team is loading up for the season, they will be more attracted to SU. I think his commitment definitely helps on a whole

Bottom line, its the kind of commit we need to develop momentum in multiple avenues. The negative recruiting against Dino is likely starting to die out. If we drop another dud next year things could change. ADJW made a very smart move going for continuity

Bottom line, its the kind of commit we need to develop momentum in multiple avenues. The negative recruiting against Dino is likely starting to die out. If we drop another dud next year things could change. ADJW made a very smart move going for continuity
Honestly, the move was pure genius. Instead of paying a large buyout, you use that money instead for very strong assistant coaches ...and keep a great ambassador for the program going forward. It was absolutely brilliant

Honestly, the move was pure genius. Instead of paying a large buyout, you use that money instead for very strong assistant coaches ...and keep a great ambassador for the program going forward. It was absolutely brilliant
I agree it was the smart move. Feels like the program has taken a couple steps forward this off-season.

Now if we can get someone to properly manage the games we are cooking with gas...

Now if we can get someone to properly manage the games we are cooking with gas...

Anae HAS to be better at that than Dino. By default.

That said, IIRC it’s Beck who runs the 2 minute offense.
Which would be perfect.

Anae HAS to be better at that than Dino. By default.

That said, IIRC it’s Beck who runs the 2 minute offense.
Which would be perfect.
Also have no idea how much of that to put on Gilbert. Seems like big issue was getting plays in efficiently. A couple times in post game pressers Dino seemed just as frustrated as the fans. Not saying it’s not Dino either. Just don’t remember it being a big issue early in Dino’s tenure.

Also have no idea how much of that to put on Gilbert. Seems like big issue was getting plays in efficiently. A couple times in post game pressers Dino seemed just as frustrated as the fans. Not saying it’s not Dino either. Just don’t remember it being a big issue early in Dino’s tenure.
I think this is closer to truth than many would necessarily be willing to admit. The CEO model has been in effect longer than most realize. There's a reason Tony White is a hot commodity and Sterlin Gilbert is going continue bouncing around every year or two...

Now Dino is overall responsible for all of it, but there is a lot of unnecessary blame that has been placed at his feet simply for trusting coaches that ended up not being able to cut it.

I think this is closer to truth than many would necessarily be willing to admit. The CEO model has been in effect longer than most realize. There's a reason Tony White is a hot commodity and Sterlin Gilbert is going continue bouncing around every year or two...

Now Dino is overall responsible for all of it, but there is a lot of unnecessary blame that has been placed at his feet simply for trusting coaches that ended up not being able to cut it.

Interesting logic in your last paragraph. He chooses the coaches underneath him. It is his responsibility and a major part of the job description. There is no one else to blame if it doesn't work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom