Does Tyus leave... | Syracusefan.com

Does Tyus leave...

pearl31

in cahoots
...if the team misses the tourney again? Would that motivation be enough for him to put off potential $$ for another year?

Has nothing to do with it. If he is projected to go in the first round, he is gone. After that, it gets a little dicey.
There’s a better chance of JB getting his wins back than Tyus getting drafted in the 1st round or at all!

I have no clue what this even means because both will happen. Tyus Battle is gone.
Learn to read then. No NBA team is going to draft him especially how he has played this season. You can play it safe all you want and say he’s gone! Gone where??? Lithuania with the ball brothers???

Tyus needs a monster tournament or to grade out defensively like Kawhi at the combine, to even be considered in the 1st Round.

Tyus needs a monster tournament or to grade out defensively like Kawhi at the combine, to even be considered in the 1st Round.

How he does in those stupid draft camps matters more

How he does in those stupid draft camps matters more
I don't think they're stupid to the teams that are able to evaluate the talent there, nor to the players who are able to receive substantive feedback there on where they stand as NBA prospects.

Last edited:
I think he leaves, hires an agent, projected late 2nd or not drafted, surprisingly tests and measures out not great at the combine and goes undrafted.

It seems like every year we have a leader or it's a certain guys team, this is his team and while he has the ppg he isn't doing much else.

I wish him the best but he has been poor and has the most flaws out of almost every early entrant we've had.

I think he leaves, hires an agent, projected late 2nd or not drafted, surprisingly tests and measures out not great at the combine and goes undrafted.

It seems like every year we have a leader or it's a certain guys team, this is his team and while he has the ppg he isn't doing much else.

I wish him the best but he has been poor and has the most flaws out of almost every early entrant we've had.
He has been poor? I mean that’s almost as funny as Chukwu is bad.

He has consistently carried the offensive load on an offensively-challenged team but he doesn't pass the ball enough and rack up many assists, so I guess that makes him poor.

He's shooting in the low 40s from the field and low 30s from 3 while chucking up 16 shots per game and barely averages more assists and boards than we do. Poor isn't that far off, but if you just stared at his ppg then sure.

Last edited:
He's being graded on a curve because everyone assumes he's leaving. Same with Lydon last year. Both are good players but when you look at other teams with NBA players, they're more consistent, and just flat out much better, than our NBA guys these last 2 years.

He's shooting in the low 40s from 2 and low 30s from 3 while chucking up 16vshot per game and barely averages more assists and boards than we do. Poor isn't that far off, but if you just stared at his ppg then sure.
He's shooting 51% from two, so at least get the facts straight. And 16 shots per game when you're playing almost 40 minutes a night as your team's primary option does not qualify as a chucker.

He's a guard with a negative assist to turnover ratio and couldn't rebound the ball if he was the only person on the court.

He's been poor considering the amount of time he handles the ball and how much more pure talent he has than anybody else on the team.

He's shooting 51% from two, so at least get the facts straight. And 16 shots per game when you're playing almost 40 minutes a night as your team's primary option does not qualify as a chucker.

When your team barely takes over 50 shots per game in conference and you take 7 of those from deep while being a 30% shooter than thats a fairly decent description. Mix in an assist to turnover ratio that's double...in the bad way and I don't find poor as a particularly poor choice of word.

When your team barely takes over 50 shots per game in conference and you take 7 of those from deep while being a 30% shooter than thats a fairly decent description. Mix in an assist to turnover ratio that's double...in the bad way and I don't find poor as a particularly poor choice of word.
Someone has to be the volume 3-point shooter on this team and he best suits the role, and likely JB has communicated that to him. He's at about 33% from deep on the season now which doesn't qualify as bad, IMO.

...if the team misses the tourney again? Would that motivation be enough for him to put off potential $$ for another year?

I could see that going both ways. On one hand, motivation could bring him back. On the other, there's the whole "this sucks, not why I came to SU, I need to get out of here and make whatever they'll pay me at some level."

Both of these assume he's not a likely first-rounder. Because, as we've seen, if that's the case he's taking off.

"I wish him the best but he has been poor and has the most flaws out of almost every early entrant we've had.”

The kid averages 20 ppg, shoots 33% from 3, 80% from the free throw line, 3 rebounds per game and 1-2 assists per game? Plays good defense. That’s “poor”?

Who is he going to pass the ball to in order to rack up all those assists?

Absurd.

That’s a likely scenario. I agree . He has no business thinking NBA this season imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom