Dolezaj | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj

2006 is FIVE years after he showed up at 160lbs on the SU campus in 2001.

We know that because JB just told us that in his presser.

Between his statement and your guess of what he weighed based on whatever, I'll stick with JB.

I doubt JB knows or cares what Warrick weighed 15 years ago. He just threw out numbers to make his point, Warrick was really skinny and put on some weight but was always skinny and still a great player.

MD was really awesome in that foul line area against their zone. Fast decision making, crisp passing, good awareness. It was exactly what we would not want to see against our zone. He also continues to rebound surprisingly well and is generally a pest on defense. JB got on him once for a shot from the elbow but I didn't think it was that terrible.

For whatever reason, people have said he only plans to play one year in the states but I really hope he sticks around. He would be serious force in the college game as an upperclassman. Really excited to watch his development.

MD was really awesome in that foul line area against their zone. Fast decision making, crisp passing, good awareness. It was exactly what we would not want to see against our zone. He also continues to rebound surprisingly well and is generally a pest on defense. JB got on him once for a shot from the elbow but I didn't think it was that terrible.

For whatever reason, people have said he only plans to play one year in the states but I really hope he sticks around. He would be serious force in the college game as an upperclassman. Really excited to watch his development.
He won't be around. Enjoy him this year. He's a true gem and the staff loves him to death.

He won't be around. Enjoy him this year. He's a true gem and the staff loves him to death.
1 rb, and 3 assists from a triple double. Man I wish he was staying? How do you know he won't be around? Is it his plan to go back to Europe professionally, or declare for the draft?

1 rb, and 3 assists from a triple double. Man I wish he was staying? How do you know he won't be around? Is it his plan to go back to Europe professionally, or declare for the draft?
I don't know anything. It's just strongly believed he will be playing for pay next year somewhere. His IQ and potential are thru the roof. I would love to be wrong. He would be awesome next yr.

I guess with Bazley and Brissett next year, Dolezaj might be coming off the bench anyway, no matter how good he is. That being said, I reallyyyyy hope we can get 2 years from him.
Based on the last few games, I don't think he'll be sitting behind Brisset. Also, Brisset might be able to play some shooting guard?

I doubt JB knows or cares what Warrick weighed 15 years ago. He just threw out numbers to make his point, Warrick was really skinny and put on some weight but was always skinny and still a great player.

I agree 100%.

But some of the geniuses on here ignored the larger point and instead started arguing about the details of the example.

Leaving after this year?
3D408C96-8CE4-4FAA-AA5F-129F9EE57353.gif

Can you elaborate why he won’t be around? I know it’s a long way from home, but I don’t know why he would take the time to come over here and make the adjustment to the American game, and then not see it through and try to develop himself into a player who could get drafted in a few years.

seriously - some of the hyperbolic takes on here (all fan boards I suppose) are just... wow

if you watched that game and came away thinking anyone other than Battle was the best player on the court - then, um, maybe you should watch it again

Sure.

But who was the second best player?

Maybe what makes MD seem so good because his skill-set was unexpected.

I wonder if there is a way to use his passing skills beyond in the high post against a zone. Could he be a "point forward". Or does he have to have a better shot to make that work.

I usually scoff at this idea of sticking around to develop physically and improve parts of an NBA prospects game. It sound to me like the sales pitch the college coach gives to get another year out of a guy.

But in MD's case, I think it may be more true.

Here's a kid that has some outstanding skills and some major deficiencies that could be improved (Shooting skills, physical size and strength).

But then again, if it's development he needs, why not just do that in Europe?

I usually scoff at this idea of sticking around to develop physically and improve parts of an NBA prospects game. It sound to me like the sales pitch the college coach gives to get another year out of a guy.

But in MD's case, I think it may be more true.

Here's a kid that has some outstanding skills and some major deficiencies that could be improved (Shooting skills, physical size and strength).

But then again, if it's development he needs, why not just do that in Europe?
To win a NCAA championship. Unless we do that this year. Which is pretty feasible if there are no injuries or spazz outs.

We are not winning the championship this year.
Ok. You bet against us in the pools. I've won substantial $ in the past betting on us, including a win at work that financed my trip to the Georgia Dome FF.

Ok. You bet against us in the pools. I've won substantial $ in the past betting on us, including a win at work that financed my trip to the Georgia Dome FF.

What would you like to bet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom