Dolezaj | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dolezaj

I would hope you lose but we aren't winning the NCAA this year. I hope to make the tournament this year. I'm thrilled that we seem to be a lot better than I thought we were a few weeks ago.
Oh ye of little faith

I would hope you lose but we aren't winning the NCAA this year. I hope to make the tournament this year. I'm thrilled that we seem to be a lot better than I thought we were a few weeks ago.

I'd hope to lose to but we're a Battle ankle injury away to be sub .500.

I do love the guys we have, I really think some of these guys are going to be the perfect pieces 3-4 years from now to mix in with the new guys down the road.

Deal. It's a bet. I accept PayPal. Win will go to Lungevity a good charity if I win. The name change, I'm tired of my name anyway.
I would go with a Vegas reference - Dan Tanna!
image.jpg

I doubt JB knows or cares what Warrick weighed 15 years ago. He just threw out numbers to make his point, Warrick was really skinny and put on some weight but was always skinny and still a great player.

It was hyperbole for effect, and everyone in the world understands that, except for one guy.

I defy anyone to find another player in SU history who impacted the game in such a positive manner while going scoreless. The kid knows how to play and makes plays that you need to win.

While thats true, he can't be scoreless, it negates a lot of the positive and defenses are going to be able to double other players.

While thats true, he can't be scoreless, it negates a lot of the positive and defenses are going to be able to double other players.

No they are not, he can score when necessary, just so far has not been needed. He is a frosh for crying out loud, the scoring will come.

No they are not, he can score when necessary, just so far has not been needed. He is a frosh for crying out loud, the scoring will come.

He hasn't shown anything on the offensive end, that includes bunnies. Not saying he isn't capable but as of right now he isn't scoring at all.

He hasn't shown anything on the offensive end, that includes bunnies. Not saying he isn't capable but as of right now he isn't scoring at all.
What are you expecting? He has a great assist ratio and is rebounding, making steals, always in the right position, but you expect him to be a high production scorer as a frosh in his first five games? You are totally unrealistic. He has scored some but is not up to some hypothetical amount you think is necessary from an early season frosh. What about Brissett he had a terrible offensive game last night is he too now deficient.
Everyone needs to improve, this is a young team. They will all get better, especially in team offense.

That is true. But at some point in his career here (as long as he stays at least 3 years) he is going to be a very good scorer for us. It's clear to me that he lacks confidence and that the game is too fast for him when he is attempting to score. Funny, it's not too fast for him when he is doing anything else. This kid is going to be a very good two way player for us. I'm sure glad he came here.

What are you expecting? He has a great assist ratio and is rebounding, making steals, always in the right position, but you expect him to be a high production scorer as a frosh in his first five games? You are totally unrealistic. He has scored some but is not up to some hypothetical amount you think is necessary from an early season frosh. What about Brissett he had a terrible offensive game last night is he too now deficient.
Everyone needs to improve, this is a young team. They will all get better, especially in team offense.

You're putting words in my mouth. There's a difference in 25 minutes in a game with 0 points on 1 shot and a high production scorer.

He does a lot of things well but he needs to be some sort of a threat to score.

I like to think every player gets better but that's simply not the case, we as Cuse fans should know better than to make a statement like that.

You're putting words in my mouth. There's a difference in 25 minutes in a game with 0 points on 1 shot and a high production scorer.

I like to think every player gets better but that's simply not the case, we as Cuse fans should know better than to make a statement like that.
Who do you think won't get better?

Could be he's just listening to his hall of fame coach and only shooting when he's got a bunny and no one else is around. Just a guess though.

Who do you think won't get better?

I have no idea, but won't bank on every single guy getting better.

Realistically it's not crazy talk to think that one of these guys disappoint and disappear from the rotation. Early money is on Moyer.

At the end of the day we have a solid list of guys the past few years who have done so.

I have no idea, but won't bank on every single guy getting better.

Realistically it's not crazy talk to think that one of these guys disappoint and disappear from the rotation. Early money is on Moyer.

At the end of the day we have a solid list of guys the past few years who have done so.
I was referring to the freshman. I have been around for all of JB's years and then some. Guys almost always get better. If they stay 4 years, they are a better player than when they got here. I don't expect that to change with this group. As for Moyer, I think he will be a odd man out very shortly. Will be even tougher for him next year. But if he sticks it out, he will find a role before it's all said and done.

I was referring to the freshman. I have been around for all of JB's years and then some. Guys almost always get better. If they stay 4 years, they are a better player than when they got here. I don't expect that to change with this group. As for Moyer, I think he will be a odd man out very shortly. Will be even tougher for him next year. But if he sticks it out, he will find a role before it's all said and done.

Sorry but just do not agree with anything you say about Dolezaj, time will tell. I hope he sticks around for a while, you obviously do not care if he does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom