Dome Close to Hosting Crowds Again? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Close to Hosting Crowds Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigh.
DEATH IS NOT THE ONLY NEGATIVE OUTCOME OF COVID.

B5049B2F-77FA-49E5-A18B-E54D28BAB716.jpeg

Just a thought, but I wonder if it might be a possibility to allow small groups to at least tour the facility and see the upgrades with no events going on. Allow a group of say 50 fans in for a $20 donation and a 30 minute tour. Do four of these a day for a few weeks and raise some badly needed funds.

Throw in some nachos and a beer for the $40 package, and I’m in.

People don’t sit in Wal-Mart for 4 hours, drunk and screaming like banshees, spewing their breath and spit particles everywhere...wait.

Yes. Yes, they probably do.
The crowds appear pretty sedate n spread out from what I've seen

No reason why the Dome can put in 6-8K for football

People don’t sit in Wal-Mart for 4 hours, drunk and screaming like banshees, spewing their breath and spit particles everywhere...wait.

If you timed me I probably run a 4.3 40 running in and out of there. The less time I have to spend in that leper colony the better.

Thought I saw Pitt with some fans in the stands for their game against ND. I think at this point, only SU and BC are not allowing some fans to attend games in the ACC.

It sounds like Syracuse is getting very close to letting it happen. If not for a recent surge in cases, it probably would have been announced for the Wake game.

I think if the number of active cases goes above 100, NYS says the school has to suspend in person classes. Hopefully the SU students will really focus on being responsible for the last 4 weeks of classes and will retain the ability to attend classes in person (and stay on campus).

If it happens, it looks like attendance will be limited to students. I have resigned myself to not being able to see any SU football or basketball games in person this year. Unless you are a student, it is not looking likely to happen.

No issues with McMahon and SU being cautious here. It is the right thing to do. Especially with the troubling increases in COVID numbers we are seeing, even in CNY.

I look forward to seeing about 1,000 people in the stands, and then 750 still leaving midway through the fourth quarter of a close game to beat the traffic.

i don’t see that happening at all...it’d be like your by yourself in your living room. Walmart allows 5 people per 1,000 square feet. The Dome is 527,000 square feet so the Dome could reasonably allow 2,500 people in. That’s about 20 people per section.

Is it just me or are the infection fatality rates on this slide (whatever the source actually is) understated by 100X?

For example, you can't have a .054% death rate and a 94.6% survival rate. That doesn't add up to 100% in a binary situation.

Now, showing that 5.4% of people over 70 who get the disease die, and 94.6% survive, makes a little more sense.

Site the source...how did he (is he a medical professional or scientist) compute these rates? The CDC suggests mortality rate is way less than 1%.

Folks can suffer those complications, but your cut n paste is propaganda
If you really wanted to be informed, you could be. But this whole concept of science has become political.
There are lots of studies and information out there about long term risks and impacts. it goes beyond just death. I have a friend who was a very healthy cop. He’s still suffering from breathing problems seven months later post infection. He’s recovered in the stats. Now will he suffer issues a year from now? Nobody knows. That’s the problem.

Well said. 94 percent of these Covid 19 deaths had some form of underlying health conditions. Means only 6 percent died directly from Covid 19.

I'll take my chances to be able to enjoy a few hours of watching my team play at the carrier dome.

Just because you got run off the off topic board doesn’t mean anyone cares about your 1st grade level analysis here.

Just because you got run off the off topic board doesn’t mean anyone cares about your 1st grade level analysis here.

I'm done. TexanMark I will gladly buy you a beer at the dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom