Dome Close to Hosting Crowds Again? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Close to Hosting Crowds Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that drunk driver just killed a family on the way to meet his pot dealer to buy un-taxed cigarettes.

Again, people do stupid things that are PROHIBITED BY LAW. They go to jail if they do those things.

Do you want them to put into law that you must wear a mask to prevent the spread of a disease that can cause irreparable harm to certain people? Because #45 has been a HUGE fan of doing what science tells him he should.

Outside of doing that, preventing large gatherings where people are prone to spread is a fail-safe way of stopping it.

With the mass delivery of rapid testing this week to NYS, along with the pre thanksgiving protocols SUNY is taking..

I see no further reason, barring a unseen outbreak in CNY *knock on wood* that the dome can’t be opened to 10-20% capacity.

This is going off news provided this morning regarding NYS’s efforts heading into Nov.

What does time have do with an airborne virus? What, it travels 6 ft in 3 hours? This makes absolutely no sense. Zero.
Without trying to descend into another Covid dispute, the duration of exposure is a known factor in SARS transmission. The risk increases if you're sitting near someone (who's infected) for longer than 10-15 minutes ... say at a bar, restaurant or sports facility ... because the potential viral load is higher than short encounters with someone (who's infected) at a store for 5-10 seconds.

Last edited:
What does time have do with an airborne virus? What, it travels 6 ft in 3 hours? This makes absolutely no sense. Zero.

if it’s truly an airborne spread virus we would see infection rates far higher and masks would be useless, which is why at the start, Fauci said masks were useless.

the virus “can” be spread via airborne but it is generally consider to be spread through respiratory droplets, such as coughing sneezing spit...etc

it also is now rarely known to spread through things you touch..such as door handles etc

Last edited:
But it's impossible to fully mitigate the risk no matter how hard you try. If you have 8k people inside the Dome, germs will do their thing. And then people (inevitably some of whom will be asymptomatic infected) will go home and unknowingly interact with their grandparents. If even one extra person dies from that, which is a virtual guarantee, why was it worth it? Just watch the games on TV. You can buy a 60" HDTV for like a few hundred bucks these days.

We're not talking about 8,000. We're talking 2500. 5 per 1,000 square feet.

Don't interact with your grandparents if you're that worried.

Last edited:
Lets see...thus far this year I have been to 5 NFL games in 3 different cities...#NoIssues and wore a mask when required. 2 weeks ago ...I attended the Colts/Bengals game in an enclosed stadium (smilier to the Dome formerly known as Carrier but larger) with no issues and tailgated with 100 people prior.

I completely understand and appreciate that not all people feel safe doing this, not a problem stay home and be safe, for others lets get back to "normal"

Im afraid the financial implications from this are going to cause more issues than the virus. How much will SU lose this school year?

#OpenUp

Last edited:
Lets see...thus far this year I have been to 5 NFL games in 3 different cities...#NoIssues and wore a mask when required. 2 weeks ago ...I attended the Colts/Bengals game in an enclosed stadium (smilier to the Dome formerly known as Carrier but larger) with no issues and tailgated with 100 people prior.

I completely understand and appreciate that not all people feel safe doing this, not a problem stay home and be safe, for others lets get back to "normal"

Im afraid the financial implications from this are going to cause more issues than the virus. How much will SU lose this school year?

#OpenUp

they’ve already been seen. People are crazy to not realize the financial impacts already.

So many small businesses have been absolutely crushed and it’s really sad to see,
Especially working in a small business.

Every day is a gamble for them if they will be able to stay open

they’ve already been seen. People are crazy to not realize the financial impacts already.

So many small businesses have been absolutely crushed and it’s really sad to see,

No doubt. What's that saying...until you walk in someone elses shoes, who are you to say? Or along those lines. That being stated, we can all do our part/due diligence in wearing masks, social distancing, washing our hands adequately, etc. in prevention/mitigation. However, unlike those who have not sustained any/very minimal financial impact due to the luxury of being able to work from home, retirees, and/or the many that can post here all day long, etc., it's a much different world for those that don't have that same luxury and who are less fortunate.

We're not talking about 8,000. We're talking 2500. 5 per 1,000 square feet.

Don't interact with your grandparents if you're that worried.
Yeah, but 500 will be in the same concession line before the game and at halftime.

#OpenUp

But when you say “no issues” what are you basing that on? Covid doesn’t announce itself when it’s being transmitted in real time.

No doubt. What's that saying...until you walk in someone elses shoes, who are you to say? Or along those lines. That being stated, we can all do our part/due diligence in wearing masks, social distancing, washing our hands adequately, etc. in prevention/mitigation. However, unlike those who have not sustained any/very minimal financial impact due to the luxury of being able to work from home, retirees, and/or the many that can post here all day long, etc., it's a much different world for those that don't have that same luxury and who are less fortunate.

Yup exactly, I’m not saying let’s go back full normal right now, but the shut downs and worst of all the threats of shut downs need to stop.

Wear your mask, wash your hands. But support support support small businesses.

If another lock down or restrictions happen we are going to lose a large majority of them.

as it is, we are literally coming out flat currently or a little under. No profits for sure. Just trying to stay alive

No every good sheeple will order it through Amazon. Have that hourly employee risk his/her life to deliver to you. The hardest part is waiting the 24 hours after you sprayed Clorox all over the box before opening.

If we really want to call people what they are, the

Just saying

Well you are omitting all the people that have benefited from covid and want the new normal to go on forever. No commute working from home etc. Most of these folks fit a certain demographic.

Many are of a certain age where the generation before them fought a world war against tyranny and oppression to give them a free world to live in (ignored the 1968 pandemic when they were young) yet are determined to use covid to crush the generation that comes after them.

Well you are omitting all the people that have benefited from covid and want the new normal to go on forever. No commute working from home etc. Most of these folks fit a certain demographic.

Many are of a certain age where the generation before them fought a world war against tyranny and oppression to give them a free world to live in (ignored the 1968 pandemic when they were young) yet are determined to use covid to crush the generation that comes after them.
you-got-me.gif.cf.gif

How many people are benefiting from Covid?

Us Baby Boomers want you young'uns to keep working and paying into Social Security so we can retire.

But when you say “no issues” what are you basing that on? Covid doesn’t announce itself when it’s being transmitted in real time.

issues = getting sick

Our gym was one of the first to reopen in the state of Indiana and has been wide open side May 1. Guess how many members (Many of which are nurses, teachers and others on the “front lines) have come down with Covid? Zero. Don’t get me wrong this isn’t a super gym with a thousand members but approx 150 members who attend multiple times per week.

Again I get the concern but it’s time to move on. Of all the athletes both professional and collegiate who have been diagnosed with Covid how many have died or been hospitalized for an extended period of time.

God Bless my mom who is 78 years old and in a Memory Care Unit, she contracted Covid and needed nothing more than an IV to stay hydrated.

Media and government has blown this way out of proportion to the point most don’t Believe what they hear and read.

everyone stay safe do what you think is best and let the others move forward with everyday life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom