Dome Covid Protocols? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Covid Protocols?

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if its a low chance, you have to think its in the realm of discussion.. I know its on the table at other arenas.

What arenas? Curious.

I just know DC which has been more restrictive than most and food and beer and the usual stuff was and is served. No chance people are going to sit in a building for four hours without water, forget everything else.

If you want to be "smart" you wouldn't put 35K people in a concrete tunnel unless they're dressed like astronauts.
imagine that wait as we all crawl into our suits.. good thing the AC is finally working.

will we get 35K? lots of angst from ones I know with tickets.

What arenas? Curious.

I just know DC which has been more restrictive than most and food and beer and the usual stuff was and is served. No chance people are going to sit in a building for four hours without water, forget everything else.
some college ones..

that is probably related to finding workers as much as the covid though
some is.. but a couple is purely a health and safety thing. still discussions on no fans going on. much of these places the work was all non paid anyway. how much of SU was groups doing the work ?

There will be fans unless current surge gets a lot worse, Curve seems to be flattening , As far as concessions I have no idea .

Another positive note, Onondaga County Exec said of all hospitalized cases only one or two a day was vaccinated person, and he knew of 0 vaccinated deaths in the county.

Don't see that? (but I am blind, so...)

It says the following...
  • Masks Recommended: Vaccinated students, faculty, staff and visitors while indoors in the presence of others, and when outdoors in large group settings
Then later it says...

"In addition, the above framework does not apply to events held at the Syracuse University stadium, where masking and other COVID prevention policies will be prescribed based on local and state public health orders."

So yea...I guess I really don't know. I work for the University and since I'm vaccinated, it's recommended I wear a mask when up and away from my desk. I just took the "indoors" generally and assumed it included The Dome. I see now that it does not. I guess we'll all find out soon enough.

So yea...I guess I really don't know. I work for the University and since I'm vaccinated, it's recommended I wear a mask when up and away from my desk. I just took the "indoors" generally and assumed it included The Dome. I see now that it does not. I guess we'll all find out soon enough.
Not soon enough for me.

The positive test rate was .297 today meaning there has been no increase in the last 7 days. I’ll take that as a plus. (NYState)

As of 5 p.m. today, the following masking policy applies on the Syracuse University campus:

• Masks Required: All students, faculty, staff and visitors (vaccinated and vaccine-exempt) accessing the Syracuse University campus must wear masks indoors at all times, and outdoors when in the presence of others.
  • Masks Not Required: The following masking exceptions are permitted for students, faculty and staff only:
    • Students while in their own residence hall room
    • Vaccinated employees while alone in private offices, personal workstations or when working independently outdoors on campus
    • You may remove your mask when actively eating or drinking
  • Reminder: All individuals—regardless of vaccination status and/or campus alert level—are required by New York State law to wear a mask on public transit (including the Syracuse University Shuttle) and when visiting any health care facility (including the Barnes Health Center and the Kimmel Testing Center).
Why is the masking level changing?

Onondaga County reported an increase in the number of new daily COVID-19 cases in the community that represents a notable departure from prior trends. And while our data does not currently suggest a similar increase in new cases on campus, key to our health and safety decision-making is to acknowledge that we are a university closely connected to our community. Given that, the University’s public health experts have determined that requiring indoor masking at this time, regardless of vaccination status, is an appropriate response to safeguard all members of the campus community.

As of 5 p.m. today, the following masking policy applies on the Syracuse University campus:

• Masks Required: All students, faculty, staff and visitors (vaccinated and vaccine-exempt) accessing the Syracuse University campus must wear masks indoors at all times, and outdoors when in the presence of others.
  • Masks Not Required: The following masking exceptions are permitted for students, faculty and staff only:
    • Students while in their own residence hall room
    • Vaccinated employees while alone in private offices, personal workstations or when working independently outdoors on campus
    • You may remove your mask when actively eating or drinking
  • Reminder: All individuals—regardless of vaccination status and/or campus alert level—are required by New York State law to wear a mask on public transit (including the Syracuse University Shuttle) and when visiting any health care facility (including the Barnes Health Center and the Kimmel Testing Center).
Why is the masking level changing?

Onondaga County reported an increase in the number of new daily COVID-19 cases in the community that represents a notable departure from prior trends. And while our data does not currently suggest a similar increase in new cases on campus, key to our health and safety decision-making is to acknowledge that we are a university closely connected to our community. Given that, the University’s public health experts have determined that requiring indoor masking at this time, regardless of vaccination status, is an appropriate response to safeguard all members of the campus community.

if you read that verbatim, it says students, staff and faculty may remove their masks to eat or drink……but not visitors. Such as those in the dome.

Things are getting worse in Onondaga County, not better.

Yesterday, masks were optional for vaccinated fans in the Dome. Who knows what the rules will be in two weeks.

Whatever, I never expected the dome to be maskless if vac… was weird they put it out before game week

Things are getting worse in Onondaga County, not better.

Yesterday, masks were optional for vaccinated fans in the Dome. Who knows what the rules will be in two weeks.
Yep, Weird because vaccinations have been up for the last month or so. I know that Vaccinated people are testing positive but that should help. This Delta strand is vicious.

if you read that verbatim, it says students, staff and faculty may remove their masks to eat or drink……but not visitors. Such as those in the dome.

I don't read it like that. It's a 3rd bullet, not a sub-bullet to the first 2 (that mentioned students and employees).

I will feel safer in the Dome if everyone is wearing masks but I rather dread the experience. Maybe it won’t be as bad as I imagine?

Yesterday’s approach was fine. If you want to wear a mask, knock yourself out. If not, that’s cool to.

the world is full of things that want to kill you, free individuals making decisions for themselves about the level of risk they are comfortable with

I don't read it like that. It's a 3rd bullet, not a sub-bullet to the first 2 (that mentioned students and employees).

masking requirements: All students, staff, faculty and visitors must wear masks when in doors at all times.

Masks not required: the following exceptions are made for students, faculty and staff only. - you may remove your mask when eating or drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.