Dome Renovation | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

I'd knew you would say that... Remember we have a close away game in Hartford...in 79 the games drew diddley in Buffalo.
all this banter is just another reason to build down at Destiny.....no missed home games at all. Freaking no brainer (and just like the mall, it's 2015, they'd figure out a way so it wouldn't sink!).

Come on Congels start working it...

all this banter is just another reason to build down at Destiny...no missed home games at all. Freaking no brainer (and just like the mall, it's 2015, they'd figure out a way so it wouldn't sink!).

Come on Congels start working it...
Blub, blub, blub...the sound of the stadium sinking 3 inches on grand opening night.

As long as we're speculating, shouldn't we expect that the home games will be played in pro stadiums (like Ralph Wilson) to avoid any scheduling conflicts with other college games?
It's logistically difficult enough to schedule games; now they've got to somehow mesh in SU's schedule with Cornell's?

As long as we're speculating, shouldn't we expect that the home games will be played in pro stadiums (like Ralph Wilson) to avoid any scheduling conflicts with other college games?
It's logistically difficult enough to schedule games; now they've got to somehow mesh in SU's schedule with Cornell's?
Making sense is not allowed around here

Great venue...but it is on an Army Post and I doubt they would go for it.

Don't forget our Fort Drum/10th Mountain Division connection! Climb to Glory!

Making sense is not allowed around here
When I was originally told about the remodel I was told buffalo would be where the games are played. I'm guessing there would be way too many conflicts with playing at another college. Plus I was told all the games are at buffalo so they can play on the same field every game and have as much home field as possible

When I was originally told about the remodel I was told buffalo would be where the games are played. I'm guessing there would be way too many conflicts with playing at another college. Plus I was told all the games are at buffalo so they can play on the same field every game and have as much home field as possible
They played at Cornell for the BC game in '79. It soldout the stadium. I hope they can put 2-3 of the lesser teams there.

Don't forget our Fort Drum/10th Mountain Division connection! Climb to Glory!
West Point is an Army Post but also a college...with gate guards...it would be horrifically slow getting on post as most of our fans are not DoD cardholders. Would USMA allow another school to disrupt the Cadets' training?

West Point is an Army Post but also a college...with gate guards...it would be horrifically slow getting on post as most of our fans are not DoD cardholders. Would USMA allow another school to disrupt the Cadets' training?
Agree it's highly unlikely but Navy has hosted the Military Bowl. Also I have been to quite a few games at West Point and they process opposing team fans onto the post very efficiently. The physical setting is one of the best in the U.S.
As I mentioned above if SU were inclined to make a serious request Chuck Schumer should be involved.

I remember you saying that when you started the thread. Thank you for the insider info, it's appreciated by me. I hope this is wrong though

This seems to make the most sense.
Relatively close to Syracuse...no conflict with another college team...pick a single location to eliminate/reduce logistical uncertainty and to establish some semblance of home field advantage.

This seems to make the most sense.
Relatively close to Syracuse...no conflict with another college team...pick a single location to eliminate/reduce logistical uncertainty and to establish some semblance of home field advantage.

so 50k empty seats is home field advantage?

I heard there would be no disruption, but who knows.

Season ticket sales aren't great now. Move to another stadium and they'd drop even more. I also think you'd have trouble getting some of the people who dropped their seasons to renew again in another year.

so 50k empty seats is home field advantage?

Assuming that there is a disruption, for a combination of reasons, Ralph Wilson Stadium seems to be the best option.
Yes, there will be a lot of empty seats.
Some fans will travel but attendance is probably going to take a big hit. That's going to be the situation for all of the realistic options.
Other colleges aren't going to disrupt their football seasons just because Syracuse needs a place to play.

I heard there would be no disruption, but who knows.

Season ticket sales aren't great now. Move to another stadium and they'd drop even more. I also think you'd have trouble getting some of the people who dropped their seasons to renew again in another year.

For a new stadium? I highly doubt that. It would be much more of a draw if they do it right.

SUFan44 said:
For a new stadium? I highly doubt that. It would be much more of a draw if they do it right.

True. But wonder how people will respond to 3 straight losing seasons.

Assuming that there is a disruption, for a combination of reasons, Ralph Wilson Stadium seems to be the best option.
Yes, there will be a lot of empty seats.
Some fans will travel but attendance is probably going to take a big hit. That's going to be the situation for all of the realistic options.
Other colleges aren't going to disrupt their football seasons just because Syracuse needs a place to play.

Buffalo would be the best for me, since I just relocated here. But this city is honestly possibly the worst college athletics city in the country. I think there are more fans of the Buffalo Bandits of the National Lacrosse League here than there are college football fans. You'd get maybe a couple thousand locals to come to the games and the rest of the attendance would depend on people traveling in.

We played "home games at Giants Stadium, Rich Stadium, (twice each) and Schoelkopf Field in 1979. I assume that could be done again. I'd rather build near destiny and use the Carrier Dome until it's done.

If the season is disrupted, and I don't opt to buy tix to the "away" home games, I'm assuming my STH status would just be froze for the season and then back to normal the next year? I have a hard time believing they'd force you to buy those tix in order to remain current.
Thoughts?

that all the games next year would be played off campus...and because of this Shafer will be around next year.
My brain must not be working this morning. Why would playing all the games on the road mean that Shafer sticks around? What does one thing have to do with the other?

If the season is disrupted, and I don't opt to buy tix to the "away" home games, I'm assuming my STH status would just be froze for the season and then back to normal the next year? I have a hard time believing they'd force you to buy those tix in order to remain current.
Thoughts?

That is the million dollar question! There is no way I would go to all the "home" games even if they played them all at Buffalo or Ithaca. I would hope the powers-that-be up on the hill would be flexible-minded in giving season ticket holders a reasonable option to maintain their current status without obligating them to purchase all the away home games.

That is the million dollar question! There is no way I would go to all the "home" games even if they played them all at Buffalo or Ithaca. I would hope the powers-that-be up on the hill would be flexible-minded in giving season ticket holders a reasonable option to maintain their current status without obligating them to purchase all the away home games.
I can't see them doing that. It's already a huge ask to have fans drive to buffalo. My guess is they'll keep the fans happy as much as possible. Does anyone remember what they did the last time as far as ticket sales?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom