Dome Renovation | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Dome Renovation

If you have that train of thought...then the open land near Destiny would be a no brainer.
Except for the fact that it would sink an inch per year ;)
image.jpeg

If you trash a football season now, you will lose the local fans for the next 20 years. Better to make it a lengthy construction,and keep the fans you have. If Dino works out, as we hope you can build the fan base during that time.
Yes...because fans knowing that a new stadium coming will completely give up on the program. If ANYTHING...it could bring new fans to the picture because its a pretty shiny new thing. lol

Isn't starting something in the next year or two highly unlikely? SU hasn't even decided what they want to do yet. They'll need to land on a plan, bid out the various parts of the job, get all of the regulation hurdles cleared, devise how to limit impact to the campus and academic buildings next door, potentially secure other places to play or practice, etc.

That alone would seem to take a couple years before the first bit of actual work even begins, right?
One would think. And maybe if they take they're time planning it, disruption could be minimized.

If you have that train of thought...then the open land near Destiny would be a no brainer.

My thoughts exactly, Mark. Resurrect the OnTrack train and make it an event for students, open up the parking to enhance tailgating, more convenient to hotels, better accessibility from highways, and better chance to get some State $$$ to jump start the project.

My thoughts exactly, Mark. Resurrect the OnTrack train and make it an event for students, open up the parking to enhance tailgating, more convenient to hotels, better accessibility from highways, and better chance to get some State $$$ to jump start the project.
And tell Miner to sit quietly on the side.

What a spineless weasel.

Hopefully the engineering/training center manages to stay in Cuse.

I kinda feel bad for that guy. Gonna assume that he had nothing to do with the decision and is just the PR/HR guy there to deliver the crappy news.

Monorail baby. SU to Armory to stadium to Destiny to rail station to airport.

Boondoggle. You can barely get a cab at that airport. No need for a train.
Trying to understand this...but not. So if you can't get a cab at the airport, then there is no need for a train to a stadium?

Trying to understand this...but not. So if you can't get a cab at the airport, then there is no need for a train to a stadium?

It costs money, very few people to transport. If you run it every hour or whatever to get some density it's a long wait.

It costs money, very few people to transport. If you run it every hour or whatever to get some density it's a long wait.
I would say it could be the last piece...but you are right there has to be more than a the few hundred airport passengers and employees to fill it.

A few more things have to happen: stadium built along the line, more Destiny/Inner Harbor work, more downtown development and more flights at Hancock.

It would have to come by at least 3 times an hour to be considered somewhat convenient.

I would say it could be the last piece...but you are right there has to be more than a the few hundred airport passengers and employees to fill it.

A few more things have to happen: stadium built along the line, more Destiny/Inner Harbor work, more downtown development and more flights at Hancock.

It would have to come by at least 3 times an hour to be considered somewhat convenient.

Ok...we are back to these which run continuously. However, scratch the airport from the concept.

chicago-gondola-image-11-602x399.jpg

Monorail baby. SU to Armory to stadium to Destiny to rail station to airport.
S.C.A.T. A millionaire proposed this idea for the city of Syracuse about 15 years ago. We had a model in Armory Square by the Shot Clock memorial.

S.C.A.T. A millionaire proposed this idea for the city of Syracuse about 15 years ago. We had a model in Armory Square by the Shot Clock memorial.
SCAT is such an enticing name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom