Donnie Freeman McD AA Game Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Donnie Freeman McD AA Game Thread

So even though Donnie was supposedly killing it in scrimmages, he doesn’t end up getting significant PT?

Nice shot by Donnie to beat the buzzer.
He looks more like a 3 than a 4.
Impossible, we were told he can’t play the 3 and thus it was brown or him getting the minutes at the 4.

Last edited:
Did you watch any of his tape from prep or just do your evals based on meaningless all star games?
Did you read the comment I was responding to or are we just going to ignore the context of my comment.

As long as we have a point guard that can drive and dish it could be great, we have some beef in the middle who can score in traffic, should open stuff up and help Bell out tremendously.

We would be extremely difficult to defend I will say that… as for the other end …

Impossible, we were told he can’t play the 3 and thus it was brown or him getting the minutes at the 4.

It was going to be Donnie and Bell or Donnie and Brown. Either would have worked.

I don’t know who was saying he couldn’t play SF. That would be odd because he’s a notably good ballhandler.

Biggest takeaway for me re Donnie was his size. He legit has height and looks fluid.

I don’t take too much else from these games.
I thought the same - he was bigger than I thought. Obviously he needs to get stronger but he isn't a twig.

Looks like a good athlete but can't really tell much from these games especially in the effort/grunt areas.

Makes me wonder if Donnie at the 3, Brown at 4, Lampkin at the 5, and Bell 6th man off the bench would have been possible...
I hear ya. I could have seen Donnie at the 3 some, given he has a solid 3-point shot and handle, but I doubt Bell would have stayed (assuming he does) if he went from starter to reserve for next season...but that would have been a fun 3-5!

When I first saw Donnie standing on the defensive end waiting for the East to bring the ball over half court, his stance and mannerism reminded me of DC when he was a young pup. He has the same lanky frame as DC when he was a HS senior. I think that bodes well. He just needs to develop that hunger for the boards that DC had. Hopefully he can add 10 lbs of muscle before next season. :)

perhaps it’s for the best that DF was underwhelming last night. It would be good to temper expectations on a freshman who will be regularly covering 23-24 year olds. Ive said it before and will repeat that this fan base expects too much out of new players.
Unfortunately, Autry and staff need to improve development-retention of the guys who are already here

Silky smooth stroke. Matchup problem at the 4. Can definitely play a big lineup with him at the 3 if needed.

perhaps it’s for the best that DF was underwhelming last night. It would be good to temper expectations on a freshman who will be regularly covering 23-24 year olds. Ive said it before and will repeat that this fan base expects too much out of new players.
Unfortunately, Autry and staff need to improve development-retention of the guys who are already here

I know Benny Williams went south, but Donnie looks the part. Nobody is expecting the next coming of Melo. Donnie has tools that those 22 and 23 year olds (24 is a stretch, not that it matters much either way) just don’t have.

Realistically, 12 and 6 would be very attainable for him and a good baseline target. Importantly, that would be a heckuva lot more than we got from the position this past season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom