dont start a fight in a bathroom | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

dont start a fight in a bathroom

I think it’s safe to say the football player dudes were being the aggressors and the tough guys. The wrestlers/mma guys appear to show restraint up until the point where they were forced into something. Could they have walked away? Maybe but this is where context is needed.

Yeah, my take was that the wrestler guys on R were trying to just let it blow over, then Jean jacket guy pushes the one dude (which is totally classic fight de-escalation strategy, BTW :rolleyes: )
and that’s when those guys on the R decided it was GO TIME.

Not what I would call social distancing. This could have turned out very badly. No idea what/how it all unfolded, but those kids are lucky they were just bloodied and no one broke any bones or worse. One bad slip, or catching a sink and/or wall and you're talking real consequences.

Edit: It was pointed out to me the OU WR broke an orbital bone. So yea - that is bad. But could have even been worse.

Last edited:
in the old days it would have been taken outside and punched out when someone went to the ground you let them get up or it was over.. not MMA is get them on the ground and grind them up.. at least no glass an pool cues in a bathroom but still.

Must be something about these Oklahoma cats. The gas and oil boys constantly started bar fights up here in NEPA working over the past decade and I swear more than half mentioned it went down in the men's room.

Saw a “fight” at Club 37 (N. Syr.) one night. Lots of back and forth, then some shoving. The the smaller jumps at the big guy, grabs him around the back of his head and pulls it down while he is simultaneously bringing his knee up to meet the guy’s face.
Over.
Another one at Geneseo involved a glass beer pitcher to the side of the head, but I feel like it’s cheating bringing in a weapon.

Last edited:
in the old days it would have been taken outside and punched out when someone went to the ground you let them get up or it was over.. not MMA is get them on the ground and grind them up.. at least no glass an pool cues in a bathroom but still.
The guy at the very end of the clip should definitely be arrested. He’s pummeling a guy in the head who is no longer defending himself.

too much to ask of a guy fighting in a bathroom I expect to use some discipline

I would like to see what transpired before the video.

I can totally see the football players starting it and punching the mma kid first. But the mma kids wouldn’t be the first townies to go to a campus bar and start a fight either.

Either way jean jacket guy was out cold before the haymakers. The kid with the takedown and throwing haymakers is on Twitter saying he had no choice. I would suggest maybe getting counsel and not posting

The guy at the very end of the clip should definitely be arrested. He’s pummeling a guy in the head who is no longer defending himself.
Based on the video, and past experience trying bar fight cases, he would be acquitted in about 5 minutes. Jurors tend to chalk these up to “he got what he deserved.”

They couldve settled their differences with a friendly match of "swords," ala the Shrmdougluvr boys (my God i hope "swords" is what i think it is, otherwise I'll be deleting this post right quick).

Last edited:
They couldve settled their differences with a friendly match of "swords," ala the Shrmdougluvr boys (my God i hope "swords" is what i think it, otherwise I'll be deleting this post right quick).
69529369-466E-4E09-AB81-716002047A62.gif

At the 2011 West Virginia game in the dome I was in the bathroom (while under the influence of a few beverages) and asked a group of WVU fans... “hey when you get a divorce in West Virginia, are you still considered brother and sister?”

That led to an argument that probably would have turned a pee trough into my coffin if not for some fellow friends and Syracuse fans.

Based on the video, and past experience trying bar fight cases, he would be acquitted in about 5 minutes. Jurors tend to chalk these up to “he got what he deserved.”
Won't save him from civil action though. They could have easily walked away.

Im not sure who deserved what but i think punching someone continuously who already lost is unnecessary.
It's the way of the world these days. MMA and sucker punching. Beating someone who was down, even if they deserved it, was frowned upon in my day.

I think it’s safe to say the football player dudes were being the aggressors and the tough guys. The wrestlers/mma guys appear to show restraint up until the point where they were forced into something. Could they have walked away? Maybe but this is where context is needed.
I'm not so sure of that. Yeah, FB guys obviously were being cocky and didn't know who they were dealing with, but it's also very obvious to me that MMA guys were between them and the exit, followed them into the bathroom and were looking for an altercation... and once they had the upper hand, made no attempt to get away. I'm not buying self-defense. At all.

Good lesson i learned while bouncing a bit in college. Most people can't fight, especially drunk, and you never, never, never know what people are capable of just by size and looks.

I'm not so sure of that. Yeah, FB guys obviously were being cocky and didn't know who they were dealing with, but it's also very obvious to me that MMA guys were between them and the exit, followed them into the bathroom and were looking for an altercation... and once they had the upper hand, made no attempt to get away. I'm not buying self-defense. At all.

Good lesson i learned while bouncing a bit in college. Most people can't fight, especially drunk, and you never, never, never know what people are capable of just by size and looks.
I was thinking the same thing, that the mma guys followed them in and stood in the way of them leaving.

Maybe the football guy punched him in bar and they followed to bathroom?

It’s interesting because at first I was all team mma kids but after watching a few times I don’t know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom