Doug Marrone meeting... | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone meeting...

cto

Administrator
Had a very pleasant conversation with Doug Marrone last night at a fundraiser for the Jamesville-DeWitt field-turf project, held at the Cavalry Club. Doug and his wife Helen were there to support the effort, and both were warmly welcomed by the folks there, most of them Jamesville-DeWitt parents.

Doug was more relaxed and less intense than I ever saw him. We both found it ironic that his departure prompted the school to finally commit to the indoor practice facility for which he had fought so hard. He wished it could have come about in a different way, but he was happy that it finally was going to happen. I told him I hoped he would contribute to the fund-raising, and he responded with a broad smile.

It was great spending time with Doug and Helen. And I give them lots of credit for being there as part of the community in their role as parents.

He contributed some Buffalo Bills gear to the silent auction ... which on a whim I bid on and wound up "winning." I plan to send it to a small boy in the Rochester area who is being raised as a rabid Bills fan.

I think there are some here who would not have been so magnanimous in a similar conversation. ;)

Sounds like a great event. Hope you enjoyed the night and people were generous for the cause.

Doesn't change a lick how I feel about FHCDM. F 'em.

I hope the pleasure you had spending time with him lessened the disdain you had for him with regard to his departure.
My unhappiness had strictly to do with his taking so many assistants with him. Because last night was a pleasant social situation, I had the good taste not to mention that. I understood fully why he left --- an NFL head coaching opportunity coupled with his frustration at the lack of progress on an ind0or practice facility.

Tell him thanks for leaving us and making us lose a great recruiting class.

Had a very pleasant conversation with Doug Marrone last night at a fundraiser for the Jamesville-DeWitt field-turf project, held at the Cavalry Club. Doug and his wife Helen were there to support the effort, and both were warmly welcomed by the folks there, most of them Jamesville-DeWitt parents.

Doug was more relaxed and less intense than I ever saw him. We both found it ironic that his departure prompted the school to finally commit to the indoor practice facility for which he had fought so hard. He wished it could have come about in a different way, but he was happy that it finally was going to happen. I told him I hoped he would contribute to the fund-raising, and he responded with a broad smile.

It was great spending time with Doug and Helen. And I give them lots of credit for being there as part of the community in their role as parents.

He contributed some Buffalo Bills gear to the silent auction ... which on a whim I wound up "winning." I plan to send it to a small boy in the Rochester area who is being raised as a rabid Bills fan.

The Marrone IPF, wouldn't that drive some folks nuts.

I wouldn't expect a check big enough for that, but there will probably be a big one in the mail.

When I said his leaving was part of the reason this project really got moving it was dismissed. So much for that.

The Marrone IPF, wouldn't that drive some folks nuts.

I wouldn't expect a check big enough for that, but there will probably be a big one in the mail.

When I said his leaving was part of the reason this project really got moving it was dismissed. So much for that.
Go, I've been meaning to ask - is your omniscience a gift, or a burden?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I told him I hoped he would contribute to the fund-raising, and he responded with a broad smile.

Good for you. And I'm glad to hear he was received the way he should be received.

I hope the fundraiser was productive. As a former Red Ram I'm a member of the JD Turf Fund group on Facebook. I've always enjoyed myself whenever I've been to the Cavalry Club as well. I hope they raised a good chunk of cash. I hope they got some money from Coach P as well. His wife is a JD alum who I think was in the same class as Scott Schwedes.

I hope the fundraiser was productive. As a former Red Ram I'm a member of the JD Turf Fund group on Facebook. I've always enjoyed myself whenever I've been to the Cavalry Club as well. I hope they raised a good chunk of cash. I hope they got some money from Coach P as well. His wife is a JD alum who I think was in the same class as Scott Schwedes.
Scott's wife was one of the organizers of the event, so maybe they did reach out to Jill.

My unhappiness had strictly to do with his taking so many assistants with him. Because last night was a pleasant social situation, I had the good taste not to mention that. I understood fully why he left --- an NFL head coaching opportunity coupled with his frustration at the lack of progress on an ind0or practice facility.
Maybe if the university had done its job he would still be coach here Maybe if some on the BOT didn't have it out for him he would still be here. What can you do? The school had to lose a coach before they realized how I incompetent they were being.

Its funny that we had a JD turf fundraiser on Hornet turf.

It's entertaining to watch how some people can take a perfectly pleasant story and turn it into pissing and moaning about what are now bygones.

EDIT: Kind of tangential here, but I'm just waiting for someone to come in with the 'cto name dropping' crap as usual. I love it - if an insider drops bits of knowledge and insight but doesn't want to say where they got it, no one believes them and people say "what crap, why can't people give more info?", but when someone actually cites who they spoke to, it's name dropping. You can't have it both ways, people.

/tangent rant

It's entertaining to watch how some people can take a perfectly pleasant story and turn it into pissing and moaning about what are now bygones.

EDIT: Kind of tangential here, but I'm just waiting for someone to come in with the 'cto name dropping' crap as usual. I love it - if an insider drops bits of knowledge and insight but doesn't want to say where they got it, no one believes them and people say "what crap, why can't people give more info?", but when someone actually cites who they spoke to, it's name dropping. You can't have it both ways, people.

/tangent rant
I feel kind of dumb that I never heard the word "tangential" before. I understood it's meaning used in your context, but still felt obligated to look it up to see if it was a real word. I would hate to have used in during a scrabble game and get called on it and blame it all on jekelish.

/tangent rant
Actually I am pretty sure CTO knew what some of the responses might be bringing up Marrone. (The embers might be dieing but the ashes are still warm.) ;) I still consider myself a newb but have come to see she can take care of herself. I enjoy her contributions. Makes this forum worthwhile. As for the subject matter, my only thought was I am just a poor schleb from North Syracuse. JD needs a fund raiser?? :)

Scott's wife was one of the organizers of the event, so maybe they did reach out to Jill.

I thought so. Jodi and I graduated together and she was the one who put together the FB page.

EDIT: Kind of tangential here, but I'm just waiting for someone to come in with the 'cto name dropping' crap as usual.

/tangent rant

CTO with the name dropping.....wait no more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom