Doug Marrone meeting... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Doug Marrone meeting...

I think F-M raised most of the money from fundraisers for their turf field because I believe taxpayers had turned it down. With taxes so high everywhere and the school cuts, parents and boosters are rightfully filling the gap for these extras. Funny it was probably North Syracuse and Liverpool that helped start the high school athletic facilities war with their state of the are turf fields and athletic complex aided by soda $.

I think F-M raised most of the money from fundraisers for their turf field because I believe taxpayers had turned it down. With taxes so high everywhere and the school cuts, parents and boosters are rightfully filling the gap for these extras. Funny it was probably North Syracuse and Liverpool that helped start the high school athletic facilities war with their state of the are turf fields and athletic complex aided by soda $.
CNS changed the way SED gave aide to schools for athletic facilities because so much money was spent on theirs

I was invited to the event last night by some J-D lacrosse parents (I was in town for the basketball game). Given how long it took SU to get field turf, I was initially astounded that a high school was trying to raise money for it. In response, I was told that most of the schools against which J-D competes already have field turf.

I was invited to the event last night by some J-D lacrosse parents (I was in town for the basketball game). Given how long it took SU to get field turf, I was initially astounded that a high school was trying to raise money for it. In response, I was told that most of the schools against which J-D competes have field turf.

It's not just colleges involved in a facilities war, it has moved down to the high schools. There are definitely haves and have-nots.

It's not just colleges involved in a facilities war, it has moved down to the high schools. There are definitely haves and have-nots.
This would have to be one of the only times J-D would fall into a "have not" category

When I went there it was said that FM got their lights for their field from JD. I never quite understood that, as JD didn't have lights themselves.

I just remember playing football at Archie Hall Stadium "Go Northmen!' on 'real' turf. I'm kinda glad I am as old as I am.

When I went there it was said that FM got their lights for their field from JD. I never quite understood that, as JD didn't have lights themselves.
I had always heard the same story. We supposedly sold our lights to FM years ago instead of putting them up? never knew the back story. Maybe Bill Orange or OX can chime in. They graduated in the late 40's and may know

Most schools are setting up not-for-profit entities to do this tax free.

This would have to be one of the only times J-D would fall into a "have not" category

JD has some great fields. The field the girls soccer team has is a new turf stadium and it is superb.

It should be named after him.

If you subscribe to the logic that says critical mass for the project was only achieved as a result of his departure - then I have to ask - which would you rather have? (The facility or Marrone?)
If you vote for the facility, then we should name it after him and forgive all. (In fact, he's the one who should be pissed.)

In fact, he's the one who should be pissed.
Why?
For finding two "dream jobs" in four years?

Had the IPF been announced or built two years ago have still would have left.

Why?
For finding two "dream jobs" in four years?

Had the IPF been announced or built two years ago have still would have left.

You sure about that?

It's entertaining to watch how some people can take a perfectly pleasant story and turn it into pissing and moaning about what are now bygones.

EDIT: Kind of tangential here, but I'm just waiting for someone to come in with the 'cto name dropping' crap as usual. I love it - if an insider drops bits of knowledge and insight but doesn't want to say where they got it, no one believes them and people say "what crap, why can't people give more info?", but when someone actually cites who they spoke to, it's name dropping. You can't have it both ways, people.

/tangent rant

amen1.jpg

I had always heard the same story. We supposedly sold our lights to FM years ago instead of putting them up? never knew the back story. Maybe Bill Orange or OX can chime in. They graduated in the late 40's and may know

I don't remember ever having lights. Maybe we gave up the lights in the DC trade?

You sure about that?
Yes. 90+%.

The calling of the NFL coupled with other community issues would have led him to leave. He's an NFL guy... 4 years of college ball were enough to remind him of that.

When we're you decked out in scarlet and white, 690?

My unhappiness had strictly to do with his taking so many assistants with him. Because last night was a pleasant social situation, I had the good taste not to mention that. I understood fully why he left --- an NFL head coaching opportunity coupled with his frustration at the lack of progress on an ind0or practice facility.

Great post(s) CTO. People on here don't realize who DM is as a person. It's hilarious when someone bashes him behind an online forum, when in reality, do not know the whole story. Sure taking many of the assistants with him was rough, but do not assume it was all Doug. After all, HCSS got "the gang back together".

Furthermore, we should thank FHCDM for the IPF coming to fruition. It's just a shame that he didn't get to see it while he was here.

Yes. 90+%.

The calling of the NFL coupled with other community issues would have led him to leave. He's an NFL guy... 4 years of college ball were enough to remind him of that.
if this job opened up again, does anyone think he'd put his hat in the ring?

they'll have everything he supposedly needed then

i doubt it

Yes. 90+%.

I know there were issues beyond what CTO mentioned but if this facility was at this stage two years ago I don't think he's in Buffalo today. Eventually in the NFL, I agree, I figured he would be here six to eight years. I think he left so soon because he didn't get the material support that was needed.

if this job opened up again, does anyone think he'd put his hat in the ring?

they'll have everything he supposedly needed then

i doubt it

Goofy

I think he left so soon because he didn't get the material support that was needed.
Nor the community support.

I know there were issues beyond what CTO mentioned but if this facility was at this stage two years ago I don't think he's in Buffalo today. Eventually in the NFL, I agree, I figured he would be here six to eight years. I think he left so soon because he didn't get the material support that was needed.
You're right GO he would still be here. As I said earlier in the thread he left because of lack of support from the university and there were 2 members of the BOT who just didn like him and were adamant about not spending money on football facilities. They just didn't get it. They didn't get understand his value until he left. Then they realize oh he was right and suddenly they decide to do the IPF.

Nor the community support.
Doug did exaggerated the lack of community support issue. He forget s that he had 2 -9 stretch that turned the fans off again. That was on him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom