Down to #7 in the AP Poll | Syracusefan.com

Down to #7 in the AP Poll

Frozen said:
The polls mean as much right now as...well, I'm not too good with analogies. But the polls are not so meaningful right now is what I'm getting at.
me neither...people that speak in analogies and metaphor always amaze me. Like scientists

I guess our 16 point head-to-head win over Nova while having the same number of loses means nothing.

The polls are really a "what have you done lately?" kind of thing. A snapshot of the college basketball landscape the last week or two. Luckily they mean nothing to the selection committee.

Kansas is ranked 9 and Lunardi has them as a 1 seed. I know rankings have nothing to do with seeding, but man thats crazy. I still think we deserve to be ranked ahead of Nova and Duke, but yeah i know rankings mean nothing.

I guess our 16 point head-to-head win over Nova while having the same number of loses means nothing.
Or maybe it's the fact that win against Nova was a long time ago now, and SU has lost 3 of their last 4 games, while Nova hasn't.

You can't look at the polls in a vacuum.

Not surprised at 7 but I find it curious that Michigan State got bumped up earlier based on injuries and potential and there was no love for us...

Or maybe it's the fact that win against Nova was a long time ago now, and SU has lost 3 of their last 4 games, while Nova hasn't.

You can't look at the polls in a vacuum.
I get that. Some people think the poll should only reflect the last 2 weeks play...and some don't.

Congrats to UVA on getting into the top 5 I hope they can get some top recruits based on this year and become annual top ACC team. The conference needs its flagship public universities like Virginia and North Carolina to be good teams to get better respect nationally. Its important these schools turn around their football and basketball programs. I honestly could careless about the rankings I would fall out of the top 10 if we would get Buffalo-MSG and Jerami Grant more healthy.

The polls mean as much right now as...well, I'm not too good with analogies. But the polls are not so meaningful right now is what I'm getting at.
It's like I heard Ron Burgundy say once - When in Rome...

I get that. Some people think the poll should only reflect the last 2 weeks play...and some don't.

Yeah they need to keep the poll consistent with all head to head results going back to November. That should be pretty simple.

Congrats to UVA on getting into the top 5 I hope they can get some top recruits based on this year and become annual top ACC team. The conference needs its flagship public universities like Virginia and North Carolina to be good teams to get better respect nationally. Its important these schools turn around their football and basketball programs. I honestly could careless about the rankings I would fall out of the top 10 if we would get Buffalo-MSG and Jerami Grant more healthy.

I would take the status quo. 2 seed in the east behind kansas is fine with me

And for the last time Buffalo is a done deal.

Just saw Jimmy Dykes tweet he can't believe they are a 6 seed. Come on Jimmy , you're lucky they arent a 10 seed.

Thats because he cant think straight from his head being up their a$$ so far. Dykes is a worse homer than Vitale/Duke. At lease Vitale will put Duke down from time to time.

7 is good. I thought they might fall a bit more, 11th or so. Health and well being are the two big ticket items for these guys. I advocate a lineup of Patterson, G, Roberson (at center), Johnson (fwd), and a walk-on until the primary players are recovered from whatever is bothering them.

I would take the status quo. 2 seed in the east behind kansas is fine with me

And for the last time Buffalo is a done deal.
Dude you know I know Buffalo was wrapped up I was talking about Buffalo-MSG back to back. We are either going to be in the East or Midwest regions. South will be UVA or Duke.

Villanova is 4-0 with it's last four games. The poll is based on where teams are at right now. I would rather be 23-6 playing like we were 28-1 as opposed to where we are now! Our objective is not how we do in the poll but winning a national championship. Now who on this board thinks this team as it is playing now is capable of winning a national championship? I would be happy if we get to the sweet 16 the way they have played the last four games!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom