Down to #7 in the AP Poll | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Down to #7 in the AP Poll

Dude you know I know Buffalo was wrapped up I was talking about Buffalo-MSG back to back. We are either going to be in the East or Midwest regions. South will be UVA or Duke.

Yep I know you knew. Iwas just piggybacking to your post to make a point to the others that seem to think we dont have it locked up.

Polls mean nothing bla bla bla...its a joke that Duke and Nova are ranked ahead of us.

I think we are currently overrated. We are not playing like a top 10 team and without Grant, we might be fringe top 20. I'd rank us #11 or so right now.

Come on Seriously? This is why they need to tell people how to vote on the polls. It should be you entire body of work. Not the last week. If what you are saying is true, we would of been a bubble team last year.

EDIT: Hard to rank us lower than 7th when everybody behind us lost as well.

I would take the status quo. 2 seed in the east behind kansas is fine with me

And for the last time Buffalo is a done deal.

Buffalo is a done deal , and so in NYC... just in the entire opposite way. Only way we stay in the East is to win the ACC tourney.

Buffalo is a done deal , and so in NYC... just in the entire opposite way. Only way we stay in the East is to win the ACC tourney.

We dont need to win the tourney to stay in the east. Just make it to the finals and its a lock.

Does this mean Villanova gets the #2 seed in the east?

The ACC tourney winner will get the 1 seed in the East. Nova is a near lock to be the 2 in the East.

We currently aren't a top 10 team. Losing to Duke and Virginia on the road, fine no big deal. Getting beatdown by Virginia not so good. Losing at home to the worst team in the ACC? Not good. We're in a tailspin and we don't look like the team we were in November-January.

We dont need to win the tourney to stay in the east. Just make it to the finals and its a lock.

I dont agree but i hope u are right. If Duke or UVA wins the ACC, they are the one in the east. 100%. they wont put another ACC team as the 2 in the same region.

That said, i dont care where we are... it doesnt matter that much.

I dont agree but i hope u are right. If Duke or UVA wins the ACC, they are the one in the east. 100%. they wont put another ACC team as the 2 in the same region.

If we make the finals (which means we would beat Duke or UNC in the semis) we are not leaving the east coast. 1 or 2 seed is a lock.

If we make the finals (which means we would beat Duke or UNC in the semis) we are not leaving the east coast. 1 or 2 seed is a lock.

i agree we are a lock for a 2 seed if we make the finals, but if UVA beats us again... they will be the 1 in the East. And i dont think we will be the 2 there.

unless it's changed i believe by rule the top 3 seeds from any conference are supposed to be placed in different regions.

unless it's changed i believe the top 3 seeds from any conference are supposed to be placed in different regions.

yup, which is why we need to win the tourney to be in the east.
The south, west and midwest are locked in already with their 1s

I get that. Some people think the poll should only reflect the last 2 weeks play...and some don't.
How confident would you be that we can beat Villanova right now?

i agree we are a lock for a 2 seed if we make the finals, but if UVA beats us again... they will be the 1 in the East. And i dont think we will be the 2 there.

If we got penalized in 2007 for a shaky non-conference, I don't see how Virginia will not be penalized for going 8-5 non-conference this year. I think their ceiling is a two seed, probably in the south.

I guess our 16 point head-to-head win over Nova while having the same number of loses means nothing.

We've lost 3 of 4 including a home court loss to an awful BC team...

You should just be happy we're still in the top 10.

I like the narrative people are trying to construct for the Villanova game. If you close your eyes and pretend hard enough, it's almost as if it was never a two possession game with 3:15 left.

Kansas has seven losses. SEVEN. How many losses before they get knocked out of a one seed? At some point the eye test has to take a seat back to the results test.

Kansas has seven losses. SEVEN. How many losses before they get knocked out of a one seed? At some point the eye test has to take a seat back to the results test.

Great point. You'd have to go all the way back to two years ago to find a seven loss one seed.

Dude you know I know Buffalo was wrapped up I was talking about Buffalo-MSG back to back. We are either going to be in the East or Midwest regions. South will be UVA or Duke.

We're actually a lot closer geographically to NY and Indianapolis than Memphis. Plus, I don't wanna be in Florida's region!

I'm actually cool with even being a 3 seed if it works out like Lunardi's current bracket:
Midwest-
1. Wichita
2. 'Nova
3. UVa
4. Louisville

no way kansas (or duke) can possibly absorb another loss and lay claim to a top seed. they get the poll votes basically cuz the names on the jerseys but any rational committee who sits down and crunches numbers ain't gonna forgive all those losses.

I don't think so - if Kansas wins out, they'll be #1 in the east. Committee LOVES SoS and RPI (sometimes more than W-L, #smh)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom