Draft Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Draft Thread

Y'know, some teams are mediocre b/c they do stuff like this. Cleveland's one of those teams, IMHO. New people, same incompetence.

Still stunned by Bortles at #3. Think J'ville needed to fill some seats and figured that a Fla. QB might help. Not if he's not all that.

Not sure that Barr made much sense for Minny, either. Do wish that Gruden would shut up about Johnny Football, though...

Love the Watkins pick. Receiver core is solid right now.

Watkins, Johnson, Williams, Woods. That is top tier and I'm speaking as unbiased as possible.

Loved the Bills moving up to take Watkins. I see him being like Julio Jones. Best playmaker on the board. Well worth it imo

Justin Pugh‏@JustinPugh 2m
Congratulations and welcome aboard @OBJ_3 . Just don't throw your first pitch into the dirt and they won't boo you. Catch a few TDs too.

Love the Watkins pick. Receiver core is solid right now.

Watkins, Johnson, Williams, Woods. That is top tier and I'm speaking as unbiased as possible.

They should trade Stevie Johnson, there isn't a less clutch "star" receiver. Bad drops in big spots.

quick recap per conference

SEC - 5
ACC - 3
B10 - 1
Big 12 - 1
Pac 10 - 1
non BCS - 2

SEC - 5
ACC - 5
B10 - 2
Big 12 - 1
Pac 10 - 1
non BCS - 2

ACC representing themselves very well.

EDIT: I am counting ND with the ACC making it 5 for the ACC

Last edited:
Good move by Marrone and the Bills. Everyone knows when that team is sold in a few months everyone will be FIRED after this year. New owners always clean house. So go all in and try and win big now to save their jobs. Otherwise who cares about the 2015 picks,...someone else's problem as that group won't be running the Bills!
Not if they win. I like Marrone and Whaley. This was a great move. Buffalo will have money to spend in FA next year to make up for the loss of a 1st.

BTW, I grant you that I'm the would-be star of Short Attention Span Theatre, but I'm already sick of that 'And you can tell everybody I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the man' jam that ESPN is stuffing down our throats.

Last edited:
Marrone and Whaley had no incentive to care about chance that Manuel will fail and no owner to stop them from making a giant bet in a bad qb

If Manuel stinks they're not using next years pick to get new qb, someone else will have their jobs

Hopefully they draft qb 2nd rd...

Watkins is good but you're nowhere without qb and they just guaranteed three years of manuel

Millhouse said:
Marrone and Whaley had no incentive to care about chance that Manuel will fail and no owner to stop them from making a giant bet in a bad qb If Manuel stinks they're not using next years pick to get new qb, someone else will have their jobs Hopefully they draft qb 2nd rd... Watkins is good but you're nowhere without qb and they just guaranteed three years of manuel

Lots of "ifs" in there. No one has seen enough of Manuel to evaluate how good he will be. The flipside is that even if he's just average, he has some elite weapons on O.

BTW, I grant you that I'm the would-be star of Short Attention Span Theatre, but I'm already sick of that 'I'm the man, I'm the man, I'm the man' jam that ESPN is stuffing down our throats.

That song is Shakespearean. :rolleyes:

Someone please draft Johnny so they'll shut the about it. I'm sick of him already.

Is Favre retiring/coming back, Tebow, now it's Johnny's turn I guess.

Love the pick!!!! Eli finally has some weapons again!

Gil Brandt‏@Gil_Brandt 53m
Wouldn't shock me if Beckham ends up having the best career of all WRs in this draft. Great pick for #Giants.

TheCusian said:
Lots of "ifs" in there. No one has seen enough of Manuel to evaluate how good he will be.
Which is why you keep next years first. Decent chance you'll need to get a new qb

But they don't care about ifs because if he's bad they're fired anyway

Looking out for number one by giving up a number one

Marrone and Whaley had no incentive to care about chance that Manuel will fail and no owner to stop them from making a giant bet in a bad qb

If Manuel stinks they're not using next years pick to get new qb, someone else will have their jobs

Hopefully they draft qb 2nd rd...

Watkins is good but you're nowhere without qb and they just guaranteed three years of manuel

You like to heavily invest in positions that turn out to be wrong.

It's pretty entertaining

They should trade Stevie Johnson, there isn't a less clutch "star" receiver. Bad drops in big spots.

He's a second option slot receiver forced to be the number one option.

Millhouse said:
Which is why you keep next years first. Decent chance you'll need to get a new qb But they don't care about ifs because if he's bad they're fired anyway Looking out for number one by giving up a number one

And if he's good? And the traded a 1st round pick for the best WR on the draft? It's smart.

I don't see how there's a decent chance he'll be out after what will end up being 1 season and a few games.

Stevie just doesn't fit. Watkins, Woods, Williams, are all better than Stevie and Goodwin needs to be on the field. Plus EJ doesn't seem to click with Stevie's option routes never mind his complete non-clutchness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom