Draft Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Draft Thread

Easley to the Pats. Love it.

bills fan here... pats find a way to piss me off yet again. "reaching" on two dynamic d-ends in Chandler and Easley who the talking heads undervalued and I was hoping would find there way to the bills in the 2nd... the hoodie knows his stuff man.

GoSU96 said:
You like to heavily invest in positions that turn out to be wrong. It's pretty entertaining
What am I wrong about here? I don't blame them for this. No owner now to stop you from rolling dice and no downside to giving up chance to replace.

Manuel has to be good for them to keep their job and if he is good no new owner is going to care about next years first round pick

I think Manuel sucks but that's not the point here. The point is that insurance has no value to guys in make or break season

TheCusian said:
And if he's good? And the traded a 1st round pick for the best WR on the draft? It's smart. I don't see how there's a decent chance he'll be out after what will end up being 1 season and a few games.
If he's good Marrone and Whaley would be safe with or without that first round pick

The only way they're safe is if Manuel is good so they went all in

Coach and gm in a safer situation might consider that there is value to having the option of drafting qb next year. That option is worthless to Marrone and whaley

You like to heavily invest in positions that turn out to be wrong.

It's pretty entertaining
I believe it's called "trolling". He's pretty good at it so I really appreciate the "ignore" feature of this forum.

Millhouse said:
If he's good Marrone and Whaley would be safe with or without that first round pick The only way they're safe is if Manuel is good so they went all in Coach and gm in a safer situation might consider that there is value to having the option of drafting qb next year. That option is worthless to Marrone and whaley

I see your point - but think you're reaching. Could it be as simple as not having that kind of talent on the field since the 90's? They've been stuck in neutral for a decade.

TheCusian said:
I see your point - but think you're reaching. Could it be as simple as not having that kind of talent on the field since the 90's? They've been stuck in neutral for a decade.
Longer than that and it hasnt been wr holding them back

Cusester said:
I believe it's called "trolling". He's pretty good at it so I really appreciate the "ignore" feature of this forum.
You have an interesting way of ignoring trolls

GoSU96 said:
What's that got to do with him dropping the ball?
Johnson is a loser, I'm on board with dumping him. He's ok but he's too used to losing

"The Southeastern Conference lapped the rest of college football’s power conferences with 11 selections in the first round of the 2014 NFL draft, highlighted by five of the first 12 overall picks. The ACC (five), Big Ten (four), American (four) and Pac-12 (three) rounded out the five power conferences."

Atlantic Coast Conference (5)

4. Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson (Buffalo Bills)
10. Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina (Detroit Lions)
13. Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh (St. Louis Rams)
14. Kyle Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech (Chicago Bears)
28. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Florida State (Carolina Panthers)

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/05/nfl_draft_2014_sec_leads_the_w.html

Not if they win. I like Marrone and Whaley. This was a great move. Buffalo will have money to spend in FA next year to make up for the loss of a 1st.
Don't think Sammy Watkins is a guy to put the Bills over the top. New owners clean house even on teams coming off winning seasons. Gave up too much for him. And if EJ Manuel stinks next year that means you are a team with no QB and no 1st round pick, not a great place to be in. Huge roll of the dice by the Bills with that trade.

"The Southeastern Conference lapped the rest of college football’s power conferences with 11 selections in the first round of the 2014 NFL draft, highlighted by five of the first 12 overall picks. The ACC (five), Big Ten (four), American (four) and Pac-12 (three) rounded out the five power conferences."

So the American has knocked the B12 out of the "Power 5?" Do the WVU fans know this yet?

Don't think Sammy Watkins is a guy to put the Bills over the top. New owners clean house even on teams coming off winning seasons. Gave up too much for him. And if EJ Manuel stinks next year that means you are a team with no QB and no 1st round pick, not a great place to be in. Huge roll of the dice by the Bills with that trade.
The bills have NEVER drafted a good QB that played for them before the age of 26. They should know better than anyone that there is a lot of uncertainty about drafting QBs. But here they are pretending like a below average guy who has knee surgeries every other week is some sure thing

Loving the Lions completely ignoring their glaring needs at corner, linebacker, and pretty much anywhere on defense and drafting a tight end with Fauria (drafted last year), Scheffler, and Pettigrew already.

I hate this team so much.

Loved the Bills moving up to take Watkins. I see him being like Julio Jones. Best playmaker on the board. Well worth it imo

There is no way to know. Julio Jones though? LOL. Sammy is barely 6 foot. He is small. Watkins could very well end up being the 4th or 5th best WR in this class when all is said and done. The Bills have holes everywhere, and fixed none of them. If you are a Bills fan and like this move, then you are more in to video game stats and flashy names than you are actually winning games.

Love the pick!!!! Eli finally has some weapons again!

Gil Brandt‏@Gil_Brandt 53m
Wouldn't shock me if Beckham ends up having the best career of all WRs in this draft. Great pick for #Giants.

I hate the Giants, but could not agree more. Beckham will have a much better career than watkins.

And the Bills fans that i read saying that Manuel has elite WR to throw to... really? A rookie, a cast off in Mike Williams, an injury proned/drop proned Stevie Johnson, and an unproven Wooods? Elite? Not even close. They arent even in the top 10 of WR cores.

Who do you see as our next franchise QB? He wasn't in this draft. Next year? Jameis Winston? We won't be drafting in the Top 3 and to trade up for Winston would be MASSIVE. Mariota? Hundley? Neither of those guys are more certain than EJ.

EJ is a guy everyone had projected with the most talent in lasty years draft but wasnt NFL ready just yet. How about we give him a chance now that he will be in his second year with some experience. I know one thing, as long as he's just average, with Watkins/Williams/Woods/Goodwin/Chandler/CJ/FJax, we should stumble into some points. Keep in mind, we should have a stellar defense as well.

If we make the playoffs then our pick is in the 20's and then its whatever. I like that the Front Office is thinking that way, plus from everything i've read, Buffalo will have some money to spend next offseason and you could see a couple more FA's brought in to offset not having that #1 pick.

Loving the Lions completely ignoring their glaring needs at corner, linebacker, and pretty much anywhere on defense and drafting a tight end with Fauria (drafted last year), Scheffler, and Pettigrew already.

I hate this team so much.
I thought that was the dumbest move in the first round. Wow..

There is no way to know. Julio Jones though? LOL. Sammy is barely 6 foot. He is small. Watkins could very well end up being the 4th or 5th best WR in this class when all is said and done. The Bills have holes everywhere, and fixed none of them. If you are a Bills fan and like this move, then you are more in to video game stats and flashy names than you are actually winning games.
Watkins is 6-1 but he plays like he's 6-5. Amazing hands and extremely aggressive when the ball is in the air. You sound mad.

FittingGiantBlackcrappie.gif

Watkins is 6-1 but he plays like he's 6-5. Amazing hands and extremely aggressive when the ball is in the air. You sound mad.

FittingGiantBlackcrappie.gif

I think Watkins is great but i don't like the trade. it comes down to WR not being important enough to give up that much

WR height is overblown. i think people chalk too much of moss and johnson's success to their height

I think Watkins is great but i don't like the trade. it comes down to WR not being important enough to give up that much

WR height is overblown. i think people chalk too much of moss and johnson's success to their height

WR is the least important position in the NFL. If they moved up to grab Mack or an OL, it would have made at least a little sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom