Drummond to decide today | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Drummond to decide today

Pretty sure he's talking about effort only - not comparing their games. Odom has a rep as a lazy player and he's saying that Drummond is even lazier.

Right on... Drummond doesn't really have an offensive game with the exception of his dunking ability. Odom had a decent jumper, but both are lazier then all get-out.

Odom has had himself a pretty nice career though. Well until this year.

chances are slim to none and slim just left town

Why do you say that? I'm curious because I only saw him in 3-4 games this year and was very impressed in all of them. Who would you rate higher: Drummond or Fab?

44cuse

UConn is losing Drummond, Oriakhi, Lamb. What's their projected starting 5?
1/2) Boatright
1/2) Napier
3) Daniels/Giffey
4) Smith
5) Olander

Yikes, over under of napier at 52 three point attempts a game lol?

1/2) Boatright
1/2) Napier
3) Daniels/Giffey
4) Smith
5) Olander
caw what's UConn's expected rotation next year? Do you expect Daniels or Giffey to start?

Why do you say that? I'm curious because I only saw him in 3-4 games this year and was very impressed in all of them. Who would you rate higher: Drummond or Fab?

44cuse
Drummond any day of the week.

Guess he should have gone to Big Man U instead (haha).
Uconn has no front court next year but nice guards with Omar Calhoun joining Boatright and Napier.

Drummond any day of the week.

Exactly. That's why I am curious about what that poster was saying/seeing. If you think that about Drummond, what must he/she think about Fab?

44cuse

Guess he should have gone to Big Man U instead (haha).
Uconn has no front court next year but nice guards with Omar Calhoun joining Boatright and Napier.
Michael Bradley, Tyler Olander and Enosch Wolf vs. DaJuan Coleman, Rak Christmas and Baye Keita.

BMK would get 30mpg in Storrs this year

1/2) Boatright
1/2) Napier
3) Daniels/Giffey
4) Smith
5) Olander
It isn't a horrible starting lineup. I could still see them win 8 or 9 league games if Calhoun is still the HC. First UConn team without a sure future NBA player in what, 20 years or so?

It isn't a horrible starting lineup. I could still see them win 8 or 9 league games if Calhoun is still the HC. First UConn team without a sure future NBA player in what, 20 years or so?
No not bad at all, this team could even win 20 games, call me crazy

They have some talent, but I think that the chemistry is going to be a huge issue for them (what else is new?) Napier and Boatright can both be huge black holes, I think their offense is going to be a mess.

They have some talent, but I think that the chemistry is going to be a huge issue for them (what else is new?) Napier and Boatright can both be huge black holes, I think their offense is going to be a mess.
Having 100X better chemistry is one of the things that gives me hope about next year as a UCONN fan. Oriakhi was the source of our chemistry problems.

boy is uconn going to be a sad excuse of a program in a few years

Fixed that for you.

The combination of these penalties, the conference shenanigans, and (soon) Calhoun retirement are going to leave the program in shambles.

Having 100X better chemistry is one of the things that gives me hope about next year as a UCONN fan. Oriakhi was the source of our chemistry problems.

You mean you won't miss his family? They seemed like such level headed, likable characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean you won't miss his family? They seemed like such level headed, likable characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'll miss his dad most of all...

I actually still love Alex. He was a good kid, worked hard in school, and played great during our run in the tournament. We would have never won the championship without him. Just a situation where he's better off leaving and getting a fresh start, and we're probably better off having him leave.

caw what's UConn's expected rotation next year? Do you expect Daniels or Giffey to start?

I don't know whether to be honored I was asked, or saddened that you knew to ask me. I need to step away from these message boards soon (way too addictive at work).

Right now UConn's lineup is very much a discussion for debate. I think Giffey would start over Daniels, unless Daniels sees tremendous improvement. Giffey is a very good shooter when open and does everything else fundamentally well. He has two big flaws: 1) he is not aggressive/confident and 2) he has a bit of a slow release.

If Bradley can rebound, make layups and screen he could start at the 4/5. Nobody has a clue what the deal is with Bradley because no one has seen him play in two years. The first he took a redshirt and he was injured this year. He has looked like he has a good jumper during practice/warmups but who knows. If he could start at the four and Olander at the five then Roscoe could play the three, but I don't see that happening.

I don't expect much from Wolf. He's mirrored Fab Melo in a way. He came in extremely overweight his freshman year and lost a ton his sophomore year but unfortunately for UConn fans he is about 1/2 as quick as Melo is/was. It does show he has a decent work ethic though, so maybe he can contribute a few minutes if needed.

I think the poster had it correct, ATM:

PG: Boatright
SG: Napier
SF: Giffey
PF: Roscoe
C: Olander

Bench:

Wolf (30-60 minutes of experience total in two years)
Bradley (zero experience)
Daniels (not a good freshman year)
Calhoun (freshman, and still very much coming)
Allen (walkon, but did play a few meaningful minutes this year and is a very good athlete)

UConn has 3 available scholarships now (apparently, Jim Calhoun says UConn got back 2 for APR. Completely absurd because UConn still has the NCAAT ban, you would think UConn would lose the scholarships first then get the ban not vice-versa).

There have been rumors flying around that RJ Evans from Holy Cross will come in a grad student transfer (immediately available). He is considering this because he really wants a master's degree, wants to challenge himself against higher competition and is from CT. He has been quoted as being unconcerned about the NCAAT ban.

If he comes, he could be a starter at the 2 or 3. Not that he is fantastic or anything, but he's a big guard and UConn could use a big guard starting instead of the midget duo of Napier and Boatright.

Not sure where the other two scholarships are going. I can't imagine any player wanted to come to UConn and miss out on the tournament in their freshman year, unless it's a player that other big schools are not recruiting, in which case they likely won't help much as a freshman.

Next year is going to be a bad year for UConn unless a lot of improvement is seen from players. However, this could also set up UConn fairly well for 2014 if everyone stays. It has been a few years since UConn has had a senior/upperclassman heavy team. They still won't have a senior next year (unless Evans does come).

The backcourt could be pretty solid with Napier/Boatright/Evans/Calhoun/Allen being available. The three/four could be decent with Giffey/Daniels/Roscoe/Olander. However, center is the huge hole at UConn that really doesn't have a player. It's go small or inexperienced at that position. It's not going to be the typical "shot-blocking" UConn team of the past 15 years.

I don't know whether to be honored I was asked, or saddened that you knew to ask me. I need to step away from these message boards soon (way too addictive at work).

Right now UConn's lineup is very much a discussion for debate. I think Giffey would start over Daniels, unless Daniels sees tremendous improvement. Giffey is a very good shooter when open and does everything else fundamentally well. He has two big flaws: 1) he is not aggressive/confident and 2) he has a bit of a slow release.

If Bradley can rebound, make layups and screen he could start at the 4/5. Nobody has a clue what the deal is with Bradley because no one has seen him play in two years. The first he took a redshirt and he was injured this year. He has looked like he has a good jumper during practice/warmups but who knows. If he could start at the four and Olander at the five then Roscoe could play the three, but I don't see that happening.

I don't expect much from Wolf. He's mirrored Fab Melo in a way. He came in extremely overweight his freshman year and lost a ton his sophomore year but unfortunately for UConn fans he is about 1/2 as quick as Melo is/was. It does show he has a decent work ethic though, so maybe he can contribute a few minutes if needed.

I think the poster had it correct, ATM:

PG: Boatright
SG: Napier
SF: Giffey
PF: Roscoe
C: Olander

Bench:

Wolf (30-60 minutes of experience total in two years)
Bradley (zero experience)
Daniels (not a good freshman year)
Calhoun (freshman, and still very much coming)
Allen (walkon, but did play a few meaningful minutes this year and is a very good athlete)

UConn has 3 available scholarships now (apparently, Jim Calhoun says UConn got back 2 for APR. Completely absurd because UConn still has the NCAAT ban, you would think UConn would lose the scholarships first then get the ban not vice-versa).

There have been rumors flying around that RJ Evans from Holy Cross will come in a grad student transfer (immediately available). He is considering this because he really wants a master's degree, wants to challenge himself against higher competition and is from CT. He has been quoted as being unconcerned about the NCAAT ban.

If he comes, he could be a starter at the 2 or 3. Not that he is fantastic or anything, but he's a big guard and UConn could use a big guard starting instead of the midget duo of Napier and Boatright.

Not sure where the other two scholarships are going. I can't imagine any player wanted to come to UConn and miss out on the tournament in their freshman year, unless it's a player that other big schools are not recruiting, in which case they likely won't help much as a freshman.

Next year is going to be a bad year for UConn unless a lot of improvement is seen from players. However, this could also set up UConn fairly well for 2014 if everyone stays. It has been a few years since UConn has had a senior/upperclassman heavy team. They still won't have a senior next year (unless Evans does come).

The backcourt could be pretty solid with Napier/Boatright/Evans/Calhoun/Allen being available. The three/four could be decent with Giffey/Daniels/Roscoe/Olander. However, center is the huge hole at UConn that really doesn't have a player. It's go small or inexperienced at that position. It's not going to be the typical "shot-blocking" UConn team of the past 15 years.
Gotcha. Your input really is appreciated here by most. FTR that was I who predicted that lineup, Calhoun gets his BBall whits from me

44cuse

that is a great question...if drummond is in the right spot he can be great (dominant even, especially with his size)...motor and motivation are questions to me (my opinion)

Fab on the other hand is more of an enigma...will he progress as much and as steadily as he did from frosh to soph? we will see...his motor and motivation are also questions (again, my opinion)

i think they both could/should benefit from a change in scene and atmosphere....i guess that means i rate drummond slightly better, slightly

that is a great question...if drummond is in the right spot he can be great (dominant even, especially with his size)...motor and motivation are questions to me (my opinion)

Fab on the other hand is more of an enigma...will he progress as much and as steadily as he did from frosh to soph? we will see...his motor and motivation are also questions (again, my opinion)

i think they both could/should benefit from a change in scene and atmosphere....i guess that means i rate drummond slightly better, slightly
drummond is 2 years younger also I believe. Fab is old for his grade

drummond is 2 years younger also I believe. Fab is old for his grade

Thank you, but I really waste too much time on these sites.

Fab is almost 3 years older, or maybe that was Dieng from UL.

Thank you, but I really waste too much time on these sites.

Fab is almost 3 years older, or maybe that was Dieng from UL.
Could definitely be Fab. He's 21 I think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom