DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron | Syracusefan.com

DT Curtis Harper transferring to Akron

So... he's not playing Saturday?

I guess he could still play. He's just declaring his intentions to grad transfer after the season is over. What's 3 more days?

He's from the Burg. Play well and try to get Nardocuhey to offer him a scholie for next year.

I guess he could still play. He's just declaring his intentions to grad transfer after the season is over. What's 3 more days?

What’s 3 more days?

I agree, but I ask why he couldn’t wait three more days to enter the portal?

He’s leaving from a position of need for 2022. I believe he would have been a projected stater for 2022, so it’s hard to think this is about playing time.

He’s a fifth year Covid Jr, so he’s likely already earned his degree from SU (can anyone confirm this?). I’d like to think he’s transferring to find a school that has a masters program of his liking.

The timing of this is troubling.

1637775406237.jpeg

So... he's not playing Saturday?
The timing of this says he's not playing Saturday and if we make a bowl. With Josh Black probably out Saturday we are thin on the DL. Not good.

What’s 3 more days?

I agree, but I ask why he couldn’t wait three more days to enter the portal?

He’s leaving from a position of need for 2022. I believe he would have been a projected stater for 2022, so it’s hard to think this is about playing time.

He’s a fifth year Covid Jr, so he’s likely already earned his degree from SU (can anyone confirm this?). I’d like to think he’s transferring to find a school that has a masters program of his liking.

The timing of this is troubling.
If he is a Grad transfer that means he has graduated and has his degree.

Anybody on here 270-300 lbs & halfway athletic with some eligibility left? This is incredible. Guy was a surefire starter next season. I think next season we have Lockett, Okechukwu and Otto the Orange across the D-line.

Maybe he wasn't going to start next year?

Caleb OkechukwuR-So.
Steve LintonR-Fr.
Joe RondiR-Fr.
Chase SimmonsFr.
Jatius GeerFr.
Derek McDonaldFr.
Terry LockettFr.
Elijah Fuentes-CundiffFr.
Ive heard a lot of positive notes about Geer.

But thats a lot of youth to supplant a vet like Curtis who’s proven he can disrupt in the back field

Harper is not a fit for this scheme. So it makes sense. I do admire that he worked hard to change his body. He got on the field as a rotational player and made some plays here and there. Im actually surprised he came back this year. I think he realized that he will be a part time player in this scheme. I don’t see him being that much better in an even front. He’s just a marginal player. Not explosive. I wish the best for him in his last year of eligibility.

I said it once and I’ll say it again my source says Dino is losing the locker room, look at my previous posts on this topic, he still has a lot of supporters on team of course but some are growing tired of his messaging. I said within two weeks, I said defense, bad news it might happen again.

Caleb OkechukwuR-So.
Steve LintonR-Fr.
Joe RondiR-Fr.
Chase SimmonsFr.
Jatius GeerFr.
Derek McDonaldFr.
Terry LockettFr.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't going to start next season. I would have pegged Harper, Lockett & Okechukwu as starters. Linton is more LB than DE. Hopefully Geer turns into a player too. But boy, are we thin along the line. The portal better giveth as much as it taketh!

Caleb OkechukwuR-So.
Steve LintonR-Fr.
Joe RondiR-Fr.
Chase SimmonsFr.
Jatius GeerFr.
Derek McDonaldFr.
Terry LockettFr.

Okechkwu [replacing Black], Fuentes / Lockett [replacing Bear], and Geer [replacing Jonathan]?

Need a JUCO / transfer tackle.

Anybody on here 270-300 lbs & halfway athletic with some eligibility left? This is incredible. Guy was a surefire starter next season. I think next season we have Lockett, Okechukwu and Otto the Orange across the D-line.
I’m like 270 and 22 lol, I’m sure I can get in enough shape to play haha

At some point some of you have to realize the different ways a player could be told to explore his options. The portal will be used to bring in players. Some of you act like they aren’t going to replace these guys.

I fully expect us to replace these guys. At this point, it's a numbers game. My hope is...we replace them with equal, or really, better talent. I'm not sure how easy that may be, but Dino & staff certainly have their work cut out for them this off season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom