Duke board full of whining babies: | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Duke board full of whining babies:

The no-call on Hood was a no-call because our guy ( can't recall who it was ) got all ball up top. There was some contact with the arm AFTER that but no ref in his right mind is going to make that call under those circumstances. Your team played a hell of a game. I still can't believe the incessant rain of the 3's from Thornton, Dawkins. et al. Hell of a game all around.

I think that call is rarely made too. All ball - elbows hit - that much contacts pretty much happens on every blocked dunk in the history of basketball.

I'm reading their board and they keep saying how we played our very best game and that there is no way we play like that at Cameron Indoor but they fail to mention how they lit it up from three. They shot phenomenally and it isn't like Tyler Thornton has been lighting every team up they've played this year. They are just beside themselves that a 50/50 call wasn't instantly tipped in their favor.

In summary, their tears are might tasty!

Uhh, Duke shoots 41.3% from 3 for the year.

Tonight, they shot 41.7%

Enough with the false story lines...

As I've said on other threads -- it was a great game. You guys played great, and ours played great.

But you guys have to understand how we feel about playing ridiculously short-handed in OT thanks to a couple of horrific calls, and the no-call on the Hood dunk in OT was the cherry on the ref bitterness sundae. It's not your fault or anything (I think that would be obvious, but just to be clear), but I felt like the refs interjected in a way that really hurt the quality of the game.

Anyway, great game guys. Can't wait to see you in Cameron.[/quo

Make your ing shots and you win the game.
Or, blame the refs and cry yourself to sleep.

Oh, and going into this game, Tyler Thornton was leading the ACC in 3-pt shooting percentage at 53.8%

I'd feel cheated if I were a Duke fan. It's called being a fan. We all Do it.

That said, it was a flagrant foul. Wasn't as one sided as you woud think.

That was not a Flagrant 1 foul. He was not tackled, he fell to the ground accidentally, it was not a dirty play.
Ok, then hoods dunk was a clean block.

Which it was.

As I've said on other threads -- it was a great game. You guys played great, and ours played great.

But you guys have to understand how we feel about playing ridiculously short-handed in OT thanks to a couple of horrific calls, and the no-call on the Hood dunk in OT was the cherry on the ref bitterness sundae. It's not your fault or anything (I think that would be obvious, but just to be clear), but I felt like the refs interjected in a way that really hurt the quality of the game.

Anyway, great game guys. Can't wait to see you in Cameron.

Let's see Hood rode Ennis all game long with hands body and everything nothing called. Parker makes his move and hooks with his elbow on his turn multiple times (can't hate Melo did it too). We can go back and forth about it. Please tell me where the foul is?

https://vine.co/v/MzD2UqOpi55

Going to be a fun new conference which will on get better. Do I expect to win at your house, yes! Is there a chance we will loose... yes. That basketball. Ummm and one great block at the end does not a game make!

Tonight, they shot 41.7%

Regardless of percentage they still put in almost as many 3's as they did 2's. That is a great 3 point shooting game when you consider they put up 89. But please, do continue to be jackass. 15 three pointers is just an average game..

Tonight, they shot 41.7%

So do you make 15 3's/game? Thought so. You knew what he meant. Do you think you will come close to that in your gym?

Duke was fouling us on defensive boards like 5-6 times for the first 8 minutes of the second half. Some were over the backs, some were grabbing the arms. We all were screaming as they were uncalled.

Had they called those we could have pulled to a bigger lead. Also hard to argue about jabari and jefferson being in foul trouble, when they got away with those. They could have been in foul trouble much earlier, because they were the ones in on those rebound foul no calls.

So do you make 15 3's/game? Thought so. You knew what he meant. Do you think you will come close to that in your gym?

Why wouldn't we, exactly?

That's the area where your defense is vulnerable, and that's where we have 4 of the top 5 percentage shooters in the conference.

Regardless of percentage they still put in almost as many 3's as they did 2's. That is a great 3 point shooting game when you consider they put up 89. But please, do continue to be jackass. 15 three pointers is just an average game..

What about my post is 'jackass-y'?

We shot our season average in terms of percentage on 3's.

You allowed your season average percentage on 3's.

This game was much more about your FT shooting than our 3-pt shooting.

Why wouldn't we, exactly?

That's the area where your defense is vulnerable, and that's where we have 4 of the top 5 percentage shooters in the conference.
I'm just going to assume you've had a lot to drink. How many times in the history of your team, have they made 15 3's??? And of course JB is so dumb of a coach, we'll do the exact same things defensively in 3 weeks...wow

Yeah we capitalized when you sent us to the line. no doubt.
well, off to bed for me Great Game!

What about my post is 'jackass-y'?

We shot our season average in terms of percentage on 3's.

You allowed your season average percentage on 3's.

This game was much more about your FT shooting than our 3-pt shooting.
Yep, that confirms it...:crazy:

I'm just going to assume you've had a lot to drink. How many times in the history of your team, have they made 15 3's??? And of course JB is so dumb of a coach, we'll do the exact same things defensively in 3 weeks...wow

umm, a bunch of times?

And I talked about Boeheim being dumb where?

Who's the drunk one here?

Yes, we know you expect 8-10 calls to go your way.

Dude, our 2 best players fouled out on 2 flops, and Hood's dunk at the end would've been called a foul in 99.99999% of games.

I've liked this board, but you gotta understand how those of us in Duke-land are reeeeaaaalllly pissed about the reffing in that game.

Orangefanforever said:
CJ Fair had 2 Duke players tackle him at the end of the game. F1...so I think it evened out.

There will be no better tackle made next fall when Duke and Cuse meet up on the gridiron. Here's hoping that guy doesn't suit up for Duke, or Hunt and the boys will be doomed. Doomed I say.

umm, a bunch of times?

And I talked about Boeheim being dumb where?

Who's the drunk one here?
Nobody said you said he was dumb. But that would be the case if it happened exactly like it did tonight all over again, wouldn't you say? Hell, I'd say he was dumb if it went down that way again. Yeah, walk in the park for you guys to make 15 3's. :bat:

lololol at that gif ending right there

classic.
First off that is your boy saying it is all ball! Second check out at second 37. All ball then hoods follow through hits Grants arm. If anything it should be a foul on Hood for hitting Grant but we will let it slide. It was a great game and a lot of fun! Thanks for coming!

First off that is your boy saying it is all ball! Second check out at second 37. All ball then hoods follow through hits Grants arm. If anything it should be a foul on Hood for hitting Grant but we will let it slide. It was a great game and a lot of fun! Thanks for coming!

That is a ridiculously obvious foul.

To claim otherwise is silly/insane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom