Duke board full of whining babies: | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Duke board full of whining babies:

And its a syracuse board at which we welcome the banter but you need to realize that you are not going to move the needle towards your side of the argument screaming bad officiating and spewing what ifs behind the front of saying great game.

I just like debate and discussion.

I'm not insulting you. I know you guys won't change your minds, most likely, but what's the problem with me making my case?

I dunno. Message board dynamics are so curious. I don't expect you guys to agree with me necessarily, but I at least like the back and forth discussion.

Sorry. I figured that, if there were any time you guys would be up for discussion, it would be after an incredibly impressive and exciting win. If you guys wanna just beat your chests and bitch about Duke fans, I'll bow out (seriously).

shot fake there would be idiotic. He had 3 guys nearby, and at most 2 would go for a fake, and they would clog up the lane so much by their reaction that he would have nowhere to go except for a fadeaway.

With those 2 choices, you go strong for the dunk every single time.

Good luck with that. Worked out well.

Christmas doesn't get dunked on. Not happening.

Well clearly the result makes your point. You have a shot blocker closing in who has 3 inches on you and is an elite athlete. Yet a race to the rim is better than getting him to bite? It is a gamble at that juncture not an absolute.

If Hood hesitates there, he's got 2 bigs all over him in no time.

I thought Hood made a stupid play going for the dunk that aggressivisly. :noidea:

Meanwhile he has a team mate standing wide open directly behind him at the 3 point line. The smart play, perhaps, Is to dish it off in favor of a better shot.

Meanwhile he has a team mate standing wide open directly behind him at the 3 point line. The smart play, perhaps, Is to dish it off in favor of a better shot.
Wasn't even aware of that. I do think, for the briefest of seconds, he thought he was going to send 35k people home with a monster dunk, and went for it.

I just like debate and discussion.

I'm not insulting you. I know you guys won't change your minds, most likely, but what's the problem with me making my case?

I dunno. Message board dynamics are so curious. I don't expect you guys to agree with me necessarily, but I at least like the back and forth discussion.

Sorry. I figured that, if there were any time you guys would be up for discussion, it would be after an incredibly impressive and exciting win. If you guys wanna just beat your chests and bitch about Duke fans, I'll bow out (seriously).

Discussions regarding officiating rarely are more than claims of perceived absolutes vs one side or the other. Most here are trying to make the point that its a 40 minute game and if you re watch it you can see how many more opportunities there were for fouls to be called on duke vs SU due to how the game was played by each team. You can also see physical sequences of no calls or a few bad calls. So making a case about a few calls near the end is pointless as the same can be made for earlier in the game that if called differe tly would change scenarios.

Discussion about what happens in cameron is much more interesting. Or we can talk about cuse giving up more 3s than normal or the top of the zone playing poorly at times vs the claim we played to averages. Shooting your average from 3 was nearly enough. Duke is playing well and did again. Defensively they are and will continue to be limited without a true center. Offensively they can beat anyone with so many shooters and talents like parker and hood.

This is exactly why the foul discrepency was so big. Syracuse pounded it into the paint where you draw fouls. Duke spent half their time beyond the arc, you don't get too many fouls out there.

BTW, the stupid crap above distracted me from what I wanted to post here.

FTR, Cuse only outscored Duke 45-32 in the paint.

Really not that big of a difference...

shotfake there would be idiotic. He had 3 guys nearby, and at most 2 would go for a fake, and they would clog up the lane so much by their reaction that he would have nowhere to go except for a fadeaway.

With those 2 choices, you go strong for the dunk every single time.

How about a pass to one his teammates that didnt have 3 guys nearby them? It doesn't seem you consider any option other than him shooting which seems odd when you have guys burning the nets from the outside.

NOD1 said:

I would say in a 2 point game it was huge.

If Hood hesitates there, he's got 2 bigs all over him in no time.

Maybe.. either way its a risky play and either a shot fake to draw a foul or to pass to a teammate considering the barrage of 3s that have fallen makes more sense. Challenging the guy who has 5 blocks already seems the biggest risk of failure. At that moment its hard to make the right call. In retrospect its not the smartest play.

Well, one of the reasons for that is that duke hacked syracuse went inside. I don't blame them, they couldn't guard us. That is why we made so many free throws. Now, I doubt we could go on a duke board and talk the way you did without being banned. I see the way that two of our posters were talked to over there. Not good.

I would say in a 2 point game it was huge.

In comparison to a 45-9 difference from beyond the 3-pt line, it's minuscule.

The point was that the rationalization used for the foul discrepancy was that Cuse was in the paint a lot, while Duke allegedly shot 3's. In reality, that is inaccurate.

In reality, Duke took 2 kinds of shots in the game -- 3's and shots in the paint, which goes against this idea that the foul discrepancy is entirely attributable to Cuse going into the paint, as opposed to Duke. In fact, I believe Duke only took 2 midrange jumpers outside the paint for the entire game.

Cuse took 4 3s. 75 pct or more of our possessions involved looking inside or around the paint. This is the main reason for the free throw and foul discrepancy. Cant just look at total points in the paint.

Their defense lost the game for them, not the refs. Duke should have been asking Cuse players if they wanted fries or a cola, with all the driving thru(the lane) that was done

drive.jpg

Well, one of the reasons for that is that duke hacked syracuse went inside. I don't blame them, they couldn't guard us. That is why we made so many free throws. Now, I doubt we could go on a duke board and talk the way you did without being banned. I see the way that two of our posters were talked to over there. Not good.

Dude, you won.

You really think that a poster coming from the losing side and having a discussion on the winning side's board is remotely similar to a poster from the winning side coming over and posting? You guys are on cloud nine, and rightfully so.

Also, have a look at that crossover1906 posting history on that board. He's been spamming and predicting a Cuse blowout on the Duke board for the whole week, when he had no posting history there previously.

50 to 36 in attempts inside the arc. 26 to 17 in ft attempts once you discount intentional fouls late. Thats approx 20 more possessions where su attacked inside than duke.

Dude, you won.

You really think that a poster coming from the losing side and having a discussion on the winning side's board is remotely similar to a poster from the winning side coming over and posting? You guys are on cloud nine, and rightfully so.

Also, have a look at that crossover1906 posting history on that board. He's been spamming and predicting a Cuse blowout on the Duke board for the whole week, when he had no posting history there previously.

We are happy with the win. Cloud 9.. maybe because it was an awesome game but its far from a win in early april.

Wasn't even aware of that. I do think, for the briefest of seconds, he thought he was going to send 35k people home with a monster dunk, and went for it.

First thing I notice in the clip from behing the backboard was rak getting the ball and 5s arm brushing his after the fact. Second thing I noticed was the wide open duke player at the top of the key without a syracuse defender in the same frame. Watch it again and you'll see it.

First thing I notice in the clip from behing the backboard was rak getting the ball and 5s arm brushing his after the fact. Second thing I noticed was the wide open duke player at the top of the key without a syracuse defender in the same frame. Watch it again and you'll see it.
a8a6.png

I see it.

See anything else?

Is it just me or did duke fans say we would be at marylands level if we started to blame the refs for losses?

Funny how things change so quickly

50 to 36 in attempts inside the arc. 26 to 17 in ft attempts once you discount intentional fouls late. Thats approx 20 more possessions where su attacked inside than duke.

Technically you can erase 8 of those attempts due to blocks or reattribute some of the others as put back attempts vs actually attacking the Interior in the half court set.

He hit the ball first. Its a 50-50 call. He gets arm before ball and its a foul. He met him at the highest point.

Technically you can erase 8 of those attempts due to blocks or reattribute some of the others as put back attempts vs actually attacking the Interior in the half court set.

they were fouls not blocks don't you know that by this point in this thread :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom