Duke board full of whining babies: | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Duke board full of whining babies:

Hood went strong to the hoop, if it wasn't for a great defensive play and recovery from Christmas that's a dunk. It's easy now to say he should have kicked it out, but you can't fault him for taking it to the rim. I don't really see the point of going back and forth on this thread...neither side is going to budge.

I think it's better to focus on how great of a game that was played. It was a game where both teams played extremely hard for 45 minutes...have to be proud as a fan of either team. The energy that cuse brought the whole games makes me a proud fan.

a8a6.png

I see it.

See anything else?

An offensive player getting into the defender after he's been blocked? Youre never going to agree and seem to rate your own basketball accumen rather highly, but after the ball is blocked cleanly up top the rest doesnt matter.

That is a ridiculously obvious foul.

To claim otherwise is silly/insane.

Serious question, do you think there has ever been a blocked dunk that was clean? Most of them have some level of contact after the ball - on a dunk it's pretty common - arm/body...

I'm not here seeking your approval.

This is a board for discussion. This is a thread about Duke fans whining.

To not expect retorts is foolish.

And, as for the recently-raised topic -- no idea how my responses in a discussion about Hood's choice to go for the dunk there could be considered 'passive aggressive' in any way.
um, yeah, might be time for you to go away now...

An offensive player getting into the defender after he's been blocked? Youre never going to agree and seem to rate your own basketball accumen rather highly, but after the ball is blocked cleanly up top the rest doesnt matter.

That's not how fouls work.

Hitting the ball means zilch if you make that much contact with the body.

NOD1 said:
I see it.

See anything else?

I saw the ball blocked prior to this shot. What a wet @ss if you're gonna bring it bring it strong. This weak @ss sheet is laughable.

What about Jefferson's moving pick on the 3+1 the trip before he fouled out? Guess the Dukie's selectively missed that one.

Yeah, they showed in slow-mo about three times - Duke actually set legit screens most of the game (another nice change of pace from Pitt/Louisville), but he was sliding with Ennis (i think) as the entire play unfolded.

PoppyHart said:
We had the refs in our pockets this game, and we played about as well as possible. Amazing, thrilling win, but be honest.

Are u serious poppy? Every game where cuse fans complain about the refs you say it all evens out or whatever. Now you're gonna say we had the refs in our pockets????? I guarantee if we have 2 guys foul out in Cameron and we complain you'll say "stop complaining we lost fair and square". Duke took 35 3s, we took 4, that's why they were in foul trouble.

If it happens first and at the highest point it means everything.

Youre right. It clearly shouldve been a foul on your boy for driving the rim outof control and crashing into the defender after the block. That much contact with the body would be much different if it was the defender who initiated it but its just not the case here.

I get why you hate the call, your fanhood demands it. You didn't come here to discuss anything though which obvious enough by your condescending tone throughout this thread.

End game, you need to just jog on while we all enjoy the irony of a duke fan whining in a cuse message board thread about duke fans whining.

PSA: if you hate Pitt, don't read their thread on our game. That is, if you wish to continue hating them.

The Duke boards are crazy obnoxious right now.

Wahhhh, you got in foul trouble.. That's because your guys can't check our guys. When you can't defend someone, you get into foul trouble. Especially against an attacking team like us.

I say attacking because we don't play the game like a glorified mid-major. Perimeter pu$$ies.

If we had lost the game, this board would be in meltdown mode over the fact the refs didn't call that intentional foul.

Message board fans are message board fans.

Cheers,
Neil
Yes. How did they review that and not make that call. It was so obvious a push in the back. And because of it both teams had their players tangled up and either team could have lost a player when they went down. Was sure they were going to switch that call on the review. Most puzzling moment of the game to me.

Yes. How did they review that and not make that call. It was so obvious a push in the back. And because of it both teams had their players tangled up and either team could have lost a player when they went down. Was sure they were going to switch that call on the review. Most puzzling moment of the game to me.
Soooooo happy thy didn't call that an intentional foul.

They can't acknowledge that Syracuse played well today. They all think they're considerably better than us. This was the highest level of play in a college basketball game I've ever witnessed. Then again I'm pretty young.

They can't acknowledge that Syracuse played well today. They all think they're considerably better than us. This was the highest level of play in a college basketball game I've ever witnessed. Then again I'm pretty young.
They keep acting like its totally normal for them to play this good. Like they hit 16 threes a game. Lets see who's style of play is more portable..

I know they can't guard us. Do they know thy can hit 16 threes against us again?

PSA: if you hate Pitt, don't read their thread on our game. That is, if you wish to continue hating them.

agreed. Much respect from them. I will continue to hate Dixon's smugness and irritating jumping out of the coaching box but their board is pretty classy and fair.

a8a6.png

I see it.

See anything else?
wut...I see the ball out of Hood's hand, with Hood's arm on top of Christmas' arm, not sure how that's a foul at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom