Duke Game Thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Duke Game Thread...

I thought the offense could put up numbers as long as they could hold on to the ball but I didn't think the defense was going to be able to provide enough stops for a win. A nice surprise today. Defense still a complete mess but we need to start seeing more Seebold, Quinn, and Martin. Granted wing play wasn't great but Martin seemed to do the best job controlling the face offs in that fourth quarter. Figured Seebold would get more runs after his dancing around to kill off that first unreleasable but I don't think he got back into the game after that. And at this point, I think I'd rather have Quinn out there getting experience instead of Lane just jogging around letting a short stick dictate his play.

Was curious and checked the stats. According to Dukes live stats, Martin was 5-5, DeLisle was 4-8, Phaup 1-7, and Varello 2-12.

Last edited:
I thought the offense could put up numbers as long as they could hold on to the ball but I didn't think the defense was going to be able to provide enough stops for a win. A nice surprise today. Defense still a complete mess but we need to start seeing more Seebold, Quinn, and Martin. Granted wing play wasn't great but Martin seemed to do the best job controlling the face offs in that fourth quarter. Figured Seebold would get more runs after his dancing around to kill off that first unreleasable but I don't think he got back into the game after that. And at this point, I think I'd rather have Quinn out there getting experience instead of Lane just jogging around letting a short stick dictate his play.

Agree 10000%, seems we give Seebold and Quinn one run a game and then they disappear. More of them and Lipka when healthy

Very good win. Gonna look good on the resume. Still gotta fix the faceoff. Looks like desko should just rotate players to see who has the hot hand, Martin turning the faceoff into a scrum seemed to help us a lot. And Kennedy looked to pick up some very important GBs. Defense still needs work, mellen looked good, 24 who I believe is Hutchings got burned quite a few times and lost. Madonna needs to play better, though it looks like he had 13 saves so it wasn't his worst effort.
The offensive talent is there, as shown by the array of different goal scorers, love Dordevic and currys' future outlook on this team.

America.jpg

What is Duke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom