Duke/MSU UK/KU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Duke/MSU UK/KU

I'd love to see JB make up some ground on K's record tonight, so that gives me extra reason to root against Duke. I like blue collar teams too, and would even root for Georgetown over Duke. I think you're right though, Duke looks solid this season.

Speaking of G-town, they were locked up at the half with Texas A&M Corpus Christi. Up 7 now.

Dickie V giving Cuse a shout out. Likes McCullough, Christmas and Cooney, thinks Joseph is the key. Nothing groundbreaking.

Love Okafor and Duke is going to be really tough to beat. But MSU is a limited team. They lost a lot from last year. They look like us but with less talent. It's a testament to these kids and to Izzo, who is in my mind the best coach in college ball now, that they're still in it. I see a 20-10 season for them with either a first round knock-out or a 3 week-plus run in the tourney. First round knock-out seems more likely. Trice is not good enough and guard play is everything in the tourney.

Izzo's guys are fairly stupid. Two fouls on 3 pt shooters. Bad bad bad.

Izzo's guys are fairly stupid. Two fouls on 3 pt shooters. Bad bad bad.

Only thing that's keeping MSU in the game is in-your-jock defense. Their half-court offense is just not good. When you play that kind of d and you have alot of youth at the guard spots, that's going to happen.

Windloe reminds me so much of Kidd-Gilcrist.

Last edited:
Duke is loaded. There's such an obvious difference between the play of top 10 recruits vs. top 50 kids. Okafor, Winlow, and Jones are immediate impact guys. MSU having a tough time staying within 10 points of Duke. They lost a lot. Not a vintage Izzo team.

Duke is loaded. There's such an obvious difference between the play of top 10 recruits vs. top 50 kids. Okafor, Winlow, and Jones are immediate impact guys. MSU having a tough time staying within 10 points of Duke. They lost a lot. Not a vintage Izzo team.

Actually I'd say this is exactly a vintage Izzo team. Every year Michigan St. plays a handful of marquee games and every year they get their doors blown off. Izzo must have the worst record against top 25 teams of anybody.

Actually I'd say this is exactly a vintage Izzo team. Every year Michigan St. plays a handful of marquee games and every year they get their doors blown off. Izzo must have the worst record against top 25 teams of anybody.

Yep. And by the end of the year, they'll either gel and go on a run or get that first round knock-out. But I just don't think they have enough talent this year to make that run. Duke is deep and talented but also very young. That didn't seem to matter.

MSU will win 12 or 13 BiG games it always takes Izzo teams a while to get organized.

Which is interesting since he always seems to really challenge his team with a tough pre-season schedule every year.

OK I am willing to bet that we see the platoon system tossed away in the second half. No way UK keeps that up in the big games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom