Duke/MSU UK/KU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Duke/MSU UK/KU

Actually I'd say this is exactly a vintage Izzo team. Every year Michigan St. plays a handful of marquee games and every year they get their doors blown off. Izzo must have the worst record against top 25 teams of anybody.
A lot of times Izzo's teams start off slow but they get a lot better as the season goes on.

jordoo said:
Duke shot like 55% in that half. They will need to keep that up in the 2nd when Dawson and Valentine play the whole 20 minutes. Winslow and Okafor are impressive. Jones looks like a freshman pg.

Jones looks good, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Why the hell is SAS on this broadcast? He knows NOTHING about college hoops.

Wow, and I thought SU fans travelled well! (EDIT: Just remembered that KU fans also wear blue. I guess we'll find out the ratio when they start playing)

Which is interesting since he always seems to really challenge his team with a tough pre-season schedule every year.

As Im guessing many of you heard, the analysts pointed out they have 3 guys hurt who should help make a difference once they are healthy. I'd like to have seen how they would have fared at full strength tonight.

Wow, and I thought SU fans travelled well! (EDIT: Just remembered that KU fans also wear blue. I guess we'll find out the ratio when they start playing)

Just based on the intros, I'd say 90-10 UK fans.

OK I am willing to bet that we see the platoon system tossed away in the second half. No way UK keeps that up in the big games.

think they ditched it in the last game already

think they ditched it in the last game already

But they could say it was Towns foul trouble. Bottom line is they will be sitting 5* guys this year.

Self is going yo confuse the hell out of UK in half court sets. You can see it already, they have done different things on D.

How tall are Ellis and Traylor? I know Kentucky is tall but the KU frontline looks really short.

Andrew Harrison will be getting garbage minutes by the end of the year , Ullis>>>>> , harrison hasnt improved one bit, regressed id say

Towns is ridiculously quick for a 7-footer. Just amazing. Best freshman big man class since...ever? Okafor, Turner, Towns, Lyles, McCullough.

Kentucky not even play well and blowing away #5 Kansas

WOW!!!!! Coach Cal is amazing

It's really annoying when ESPN shows a replay highlighting blocked shots and one of them is clearly a goaltend that was obvious at live speed and Jay Bilas, who I normally respect, doesn't even bother to mention it.

What happens when 8 guys go pro from KY at the end of the year?

Kansas is crazy underwhelming for a top 5 team. I get UK is huge but Kansas is going to have problems all year with that weak frontline they trot out there.

This is nuts. If Cal isn't investigated this year, I call for an immediate end to the NCAA.

There is Kentucky and then everyone else playing for 2nd this year

You gotta zone 'em! In all seriousness, Duke could give them a run, for one. That would be a fun game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom