Duke/MSU UK/KU | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Duke/MSU UK/KU

When was the last time we were destroyed like this? 2006 vs DePaul? Jesus H kansas your a Blueblood show some self respect.

People need to give up talking about how dirty Cal is. He doesn't need to pay anyone to get these guys to go there, just look at what they're doing. If you're top 10, you've seen that when you go to Kentucky, you'll play, and you'll get drafted in the lottery. You'll also play around other future NBA players, and never have to worry about seniority or playing a different system than what will be expected of you in the NBA. Skill plays, and you're going to have the best shot at getting to the next level.

And as Donna wrote this morning I believe, 1995-6 was also the last time when our C and PF were our squad's two leading scorers. If we get in the tourney and get sent out West...
...I will get to watch their first two games right here at home. That would be sweeeeet!

Pace is awesome. Both teams taking off whenever they get a chance. Looks like actual basketball.

I just want to see good offense at MSG. Please, good offense.

Czar said:
People need to give up talking about how dirty Cal is. He doesn't need to pay anyone to get these guys to go there, just look at what they're doing. If you're top 10, you've seen that when you go to Kentucky, you'll play, and you'll get drafted in the lottery. You'll also play around other future NBA players, and never have to worry about seniority or playing a different system than what will be expected of you in the NBA. Skill plays, and you're going to have the best shot at getting to the next level.

I was just saying this. He has no need to be dirty now.

Still hope he slips in his own muck.

You'll also play around other future NBA players, and never have to worry about seniority or playing a different system than what will be expected of you in the NBA...
…or going to class.

While that is logical and all, there is an element of kids who want to be the top dog and get all the minutes and glory. And those kids don't come cheaply, especially when they don't get all those minutes.

I was just saying this. He has no need to be dirty now.

Still hope he slips in his own muck.

We all know these wins will eventually all be vacated, so let him have his fun.

This board just doesn't see it that way. Unfortunate. I saw excellent basketball from UK tonight. Execution, unselfishness, very little streetball, DEFENSE, etc. Oh, but Cal can't coach, lol.

This board just doesn't see it that way. Unfortunate. I saw excellent basketball from UK tonight. Execution, unselfishness, very little streetball, DEFENSE, etc. Oh, but Cal can't coach, lol.

Just because I feel like stirring up a hornets nest...

Cal is a better X's and O's coach than Boeheim at this current point in time.

That's obvious (to me). They only had 6 turnovers tonight. That's a well coached team.

Lawrinson14 said:
Why not? This Kentucky team has at least 5 1st round picks on its team. These guys will all be playing/starting in the NBA next year. WHy would it be crazy to think that they could beat a team that starts: Nerlens Noel Henry Sims Luc Rachard Mba moute MCW Tony Wroten

I'm with ya, their roster is bad, real bad.

deadspin.com/the-philadelphia-76ers-are-a-godless-abomination-1659664618

Coach Boeheim with Kentucky's roster would be fun to watch.
Edit-long quick zone

Last edited:

if youre good, going to any P5 school gives you the best shot at getting to the next level.

Because most people here don't understand basketball. And that's okay, you can be a fan of a team but not really understand the game... just saying.

And wow, Kentucky is freaky big. Would be shocked if they aren't in the F4, as they will only improve throughout the year.

Because Syracuse has proven itself a bastion of academic standards lately.

Seriously, glass houses people.

This is a theme here:

Blast Rutgers' football scheduling --> complain when SU schedules teams that are good, leading to a 2-4 start and wishing we played an easier schedule

Blast schools' for academic/off the field issues --> completely forget we've been deeply involved for the last few years

It's actually hilarious to me.

People have been saying that for years and Self just gets it done.

I'm not saying they won't be good but Self certainly looks to have a much lower overall talent level to work with than he usually does. No great wing and no great big guy. Often he has both. I haven't really looked too hard at the BIG12 yet but this could be the season someone else wins it.

KU is not a top 10 team IMO. UK is really good but come on this is the worst KU team in 5-6 years.
That's the only thing I learned from last night. They're just not as good as everyone thought they may be.

That's the only thing I learned from last night. They're just not as good as everyone thought they may be.

I like our team better than Kansas. I'd rather have Roc than Ellis. Ellis looked soft last night, and I like our Guard situation better than theirs. That was a ten point game at the half and Kentucky just blew the doors off Kansas in the second half with their defensive pressure.

When was the last time we were destroyed like this? 2006 vs DePaul? Jesus H kansas your a Blueblood show some self respect.
Gtown? They killed us a couple years ago. Then we went to the final 4.

Gtown? They killed us a couple years ago. Then we went to the final 4.

We lost 61-39 to Georgetown. Bad, but nothing like Kentucky vs Kansas. The Depaul game was the worst loss in JB's Coaching career. We lost by like 40.

We lost 61-39 to Georgetown. Bad, but nothing like Kentucky vs Kansas. The Depaul game was the worst loss in JB's Coaching career. We lost by like 40.
I know but gtown was more awful IMO with everything involved. We got blasted by seton hall too I think.

I know but gtown was more awful IMO with everything involved. We got blasted by seton hall too I think.

Yep in 2011. Right around the same time the bogus rumor about Scoop point shaving came out. That was probably the worst loss we have had in the last five years when you take everything into account. How bad Seton Hall was, and the fact we were home. Probably cost us a seed line in the tournament that year. Maybe we could of avoided Marquette in the second round if we won that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom