Duke/MSU UK/KU | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Duke/MSU UK/KU

Every non-Kentucky fan who watched that game last night feels cheated and they should. And what's with calling 5 people a platoon? That annoyed the hell out of me.

Yep in 2011. Right around the same time the bogus rumor about Scoop point shaving came out. That was probably the worst loss we have had in the last five years when you take everything into account. How bad Seton Hall was, and the fact we were home. Probably cost us a seed line in the tournament that year. Maybe we could of avoided Marquette in the second round if we won that game.

Yep, we quit that night. Very unusual. Also, Seton Hall was pouring in 25-footers.

The size and agility of those big guys is what will really make them tough to beat. Impressive.

The size and agility of those big guys is what will really make them tough to beat. Impressive.

Agreed, its the all around skills that these big guys posses. They had multiple guys make running hook shots in the lane for cripes sake.

This is ridiculous. Uk has two top ten teams on its roster.
And the amazing thing is all these top 10 rated recruits, some who play the same position, all are standing in line to go to UK because Cal is such a great guy and they have really nice dorms and dining halls.

Agreed, its the all around skills that these big guys posses. They had multiple guys make running hook shots in the lane for cripes sake.

Right. Their passing as well. Sick.

Duke is good but won at the 3 point line. Pretty much even game for the rest of the stats. If Rak hooks like Oakafor he'd be fouled out in 5 min.
Kentucky, OTOH, is going to be difficult to beat by anyone.

Kentucky is going to run through the garbage SEC like a hot knife through butter. It's going to be a season long massacre.

If they played in the ACC they would at least face some good frontlines in Duke/UNC/Cuse/Ville.

A little late to this party, but just have a few random thoughts on Kentucky:

1. How the hell do you prepare for that? It's preparing for two teams in one game. You make a little headway against one team and then another fresh and rested team comes in.
2. Give Cal credit for going against the grain and not being afraid to experiment.
3. I just can't even fathom the number of motivational tools Cal has for this group. They have to push each other in practice and in games. One group builds a 5 point lead and the next group competitively wants to build 10 points. The two groups building and competing off each other has to be a coach's dream.
4. I hate military terms being applied to sports.
5. I think Kansas is overrated, but to see Kansas get manhandled like they're Fort Hays State is always going to be a bit of a shock.
6. This is going to be a boring year for college basketball. Other teams will get better, but so will Kentucky. We're all playing for 2nd.
7. Say what you want about Cal, but he gets these guys to buy in and compete and they improve and are playing great ball in March every year. The man's a great coach.
8. Dick Vitale's constant complaining that athletes should be forced to stay for three years is asinine and he needs to shut up about it. The notion that NBA owners and GM's need to be saved from their own stupidity to not draft guys who aren't ready is so freaking ridiculous.

I'm not a fan of this Kansas team at all. A frontline of all 6-8 dudes with Perry Ellis being your best frontcourt player? Their guards are decent but nothing special. Very average team imo.

Great thing about Kentucky this year is any team will get HUGE
A little late to this party, but just have a few random thoughts on Kentucky:

1. How the hell do you prepare for that? It's preparing for two teams in one game. You make a little headway against one team and then another fresh and rested team comes in.
2. Give Cal credit for going against the grain and not being afraid to experiment.
3. I just can't even fathom the number of motivational tools Cal has for this group. They have to push each other in practice and in games. One group builds a 5 point lead and the next group competitively wants to build 10 points. The two groups building and competing off each other has to be a coach's dream.
4. I hate military terms being applied to sports.
5. I think Kansas is overrated, but to see Kansas get manhandled like they're Fort Hays State is always going to be a bit of a shock.
6. This is going to be a boring year for college basketball. Other teams will get better, but so will Kentucky. We're all playing for 2nd.
7. Say what you want about Cal, but he gets these guys to buy in and compete and they improve and are playing great ball in March every year. The man's a great coach.
8. Dick Vitale's constant complaining that athletes should be forced to stay for three years is asinine and he needs to shut up about it. The notion that NBA owners and GM's need to be saved from their own stupidity to not draft guys who aren't ready is so freaking ridiculous.
They looked very good. I think ten blocked shots in the first ten minutes.
My big hope is that someone (hopefully us) pulls a Nova on them in the championship game.

Great thing about Kentucky this year is any team will get HUGE

They looked very good. I think ten blocked shots in the first ten minutes.
My big hope is that someone (hopefully us) pulls a Nova on them in the championship game.
I think McCullough and Christmas would hold their own. Just have to hope they don't get tired or in foul trouble.

I'm not exactly sure where this notion that Kentucky players don't go to class came from, but if you have standards for kids, they will live up to them. If kids are expected to go to class and work hard academically they will even if they're black and good at basketball. The soft racism of low expectations is alive and well.

I'm not exactly sure where this notion that Kentucky players don't go to class came from, but if you have standards for kids, they will live up to them. If kids are expected to go to class and work hard academically they will even if they're black and good at basketball. The soft racism of low expectations is alive and well.
How is it racist to think UK's Sam Malone doesn't go to class?

I think the general consensus is that Kentucky has no academic standards regardless of the athlete's skin color.

I have a friend who went to MSU when Plaxico was there. They were in a freshman seminar and the first test Plaxico opened his exam book and said out loud "oh s***, this already has the answers." Then got up, turned in the exam book and left. It's not just Kentucky. It's every school.

This is a theme here:

Blast Rutgers' football scheduling --> complain when SU schedules teams that are good, leading to a 2-4 start and wishing we played an easier schedule

Blast schools' for academic/off the field issues --> completely forget we've been deeply involved for the last few years
It's actually hilarious to me.
"Deeply involved for the last few years" is an over simplification and an over statement.

Everyone had Duke and Kansas in the Final Four last year after the first week as well. Neither one of them got past the first weekend of the tournament last year. It's a long season, I'm not ready to crown anyone. The best team doesn't always win in this sport.

I think the general consensus is that Kentucky has no academic standards regardless of the athlete's skin color.

I have a friend who went to MSU when Plaxico was there. They were in a freshman seminar and the first test Plaxico opened his exam book and said out loud "oh s***, this already has the answers." Then got up, turned in the exam book and left. It's not just Kentucky. It's every school.
Huh, I never see it mentioned with any school but Kentucky. So it's fair to assume Kentucky players don't go to class because Plaxico Burress allegedly didn't?

How is it racist to think UK's Sam Malone doesn't go to class?
Sam Malone is a walkon, you guys were talking about the 5 star players that go to Kentucky who are all black. What is your basis for saying that they don't go to class? I'm guessing you can't say what it is.

North_Carolina_Tar_Heels.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom