Duke/MSU UK/KU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Duke/MSU UK/KU

That took FOREVER. I left that one out there like the fattest hanging curve ball EVER.

Trust me, I wanted to swat it the moment I saw it but had to prove to myself that I had some willpower left.

Maybe...I'm not as in love with kentuckys bigs as most are. I'm more concerned about Duke.

Well, that's probably because we actually have to play them at some point this year.

And because i think oak is Hakeem compared to kentuckys guys...

Did you leave something out of this? I'm assuming you meant to say Okafor is Hakeem compared to KY guys, which is true offensively. But after watching him tonight, there is very little chance he would make it to the end of the game as impressively. He had his way with the undersized bigs of MSU, and he still was in foul trouble early in the game. And he didn't have to do nearly the banging he would have had to on the other end. He'd get his 'sweet buckets' but he would never be on the floor for more than 30 minutes.

Perhaps, but KY would push around many of our front line guys based on what I've read here. I like Mike G and Roberson, but those two wouldn't be able to keep Kentucky off the offensive boards.

it really doesn't matter. we arent very good at defensive rebounding against anyone.

Ouch. I think I remember you saying that before. I play with a guy who has bone on bone in both knees. I have no idea how or why he keeps playing, but he does limp pretty much all the time when walking.

I'm sure I'll need at least one plastic hip in the future. Hope you don't face the same type of issue with the knees.

I hope not for your sake--that would suck!

Ditto for me! ; )

It's getting tougher. Played in a league last winter with a guy that I worked with who was a former top 100 recruit / U of M player. 6-10. 10 years ago, I would have been able to compete, even against some D1 guys [I scored 20 head-to-head against Steve Logan from UC after his senior year around the 2002 timeframe, although I readily acknowledge that he wasn't giving full effort defensively]. Last year, I really felt slow playing against these guys for the first time. Its not like I'm as young as I used to be--I've noted that slight dropoff in previous years--but last winter was the first time I felt diminished. Lateral quickness was an issue. Bad stamina. Knees aching the next day. Etc.

No, not a chance.

I actually think that they could compete with them. The 76ers team is historically terrible by design. several guys who get major minutes shouldnt be in the freaking league.

I hope not for your sake--that would suck!

Ditto for me! ; )

It's getting tougher. Played in a league last winter with a guy that I worked with who was a former top 100 recruit / U of M player. 6-10. 10 years ago, I would have been able to compete. I really felt slow playing against these guys for the first time. Its not like I'm as young as I used to be--I've noted that in previous years--but last winter was the first time I felt diminished. Lateral quickness was an issue. Bad stamina. Knees aching the next day. Etc.

That's how I feel this year. Been really busy with work and not playing as much as I'd like and my running has fallen off a table. I need to get back in shape quick.

My j is literally better now than ever before in my life, so at least I got that going for me.

Did you leave something out of this? I'm assuming you meant to say Okafor is Hakeem compared to KY guys, which is true offensively. But after watching him tonight, there is very little chance he would make it to the end of the game as impressively. He had his way with the undersized bigs of MSU, and he still was in foul trouble early in the game. And he didn't have to do nearly the banging he would have had to on the other end. He'd get his 'sweet buckets' but he would never be on the floor for more than 30 minutes.
Yeah oak. He's probably got a little sullinger in him but I like him a lot more than uk's bigs.

Last team with this kind of depth? 1995-6 Kentucky?

KU is not a top 10 team IMO. UK is really good but come on this is the worst KU team in 5-6 years.

KU is not a top 10 team IMO. UK is really good but come on this is the worst KU team in 5-6 years.

Who decided to rank them 5th after losing Embiid, Wiggins, Tarik Black and Conner Frankamp ?

Good call.

And as Donna wrote this morning I believe, 1995-6 was also the last time when our C and PF were our squad's two leading scorers. If we get in the tourney and get sent out West...

Harrison injured. So only 11 first round draft players left for Kentucky!! At this rate someone might have a chance against them by the end of the season. 1 per week...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom