Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
noble SU fans on SU fan site, believing with all their hearts they're engaging in some kind of truth-to-power exercise:
MUST COME TO THE RESCUE OF POOR DEFENSELESS (soon to be multi millionaire lottery pick who just decided to quit) DUKE PLAYER AGAINST OUR MEAN NASTY SENILE HORRIBLE COACH

You’re missing the point.

Remember the now deleted post that said “recruits read this board!!!!! Think of what they are reading!!!”?

I guarantee more possible recruits read Dragonfly and Jenkins tweets slamming JB over something he didn’t have to get involved in then Cusefan0001 posts on this board.

If you don’t know who those guys are, they happen to be a wildly popular podcast/social media folks within the young, black community

You’re missing the point.

Remember the now deleted post that said “recruits read this board!!!!! Think of what they are reading!!!”?

I guarantee more possible recruits read Dragonfly and Jenkins tweets slamming JB over something he didn’t have to get involved in then Cusefan0001 posts on this board.

If you don’t know who those guys are, they happen to be a wildly popular podcast/social media folks within the young, black community
HE WAS ASKED ABOUT IT IN AN F_N' RADIO INTERVIEW

HE WAS ASKED ABOUT IT IN AN F_N' RADIO INTERVIEW

Agreed. He was asked, and what he said is no different than what every single Duke fan out there has been saying. So he’s not wrong.

But he has zero finesse anymore, and repeatedly allows the narrative on himself as a cranky old man who hates on these new kids to continue.

None of us would care if we were going 30-5 and bringing in top 10 classes every year. But when we’re trying to keep our heads above water on the court and in recruiting, I think many worry the negative attention hurts us.

lol every national pundit is ripping the kid to shreds, JB chimes in in agreement and SU fans have a conniption
*chef's kiss*
can you link to another coach that has commented about it?

...or is Syracuse basketball coach a different job vs national pundit.

also, this board not knowing who Dragonfly is
*chef’s kiss*

lol every national pundit is ripping the kid to shreds, JB chimes in in agreement and SU fans have a conniption
*chef's kiss*
find me John Calipari, Roy Williams, Bill Self, Tom Izzo even talking about this?
JB can get asked the question and just brush it aside.
He defends K so much it’s dumb.
It does him no benefit.
Find me Coach K talking Geno Thorpe when he quit our team.

JB has to just say things in a manner to avoid criticism even if he is right.

noble SU fans on SU fan site, believing with all their hearts they're engaging in some kind of truth-to-power exercise:
MUST COME TO THE RESCUE OF POOR DEFENSELESS (soon to be multi millionaire lottery pick who just decided to quit) DUKE PLAYER AGAINST OUR MEAN NASTY SENILE HORRIBLE COACH
I don’t think anyone cares about the Duke player, JB’s comment was just unnecessary and embarrassing.

There’s 132 posts and counting in this thread.
Probably because he’s got the program on a downward trajectory as is and this is just another cherry on top. Also proves that what he says matters and people are listening.

can you link to another coach that has commented about it?

...or is Syracuse basketball coach a different job vs national pundit.

also, this board not knowing who Dragonfly is
*chef’s kiss*
who tf doesn't know who dragonfly is? nice leap there chief

The point is jb should have better self awareness and better emotional maturity as the leader of a brand. Why say something that obviously would cause controversy and have no chance of having any positive impact on anything?

There’s 132 posts and counting in this thread.
I wish the AD would put a muzzle on JB speaking as freely as he does.
It doesn’t help anybody.
All it does is bring drama.
JB doesn’t care about backlash.
He speaks his mind typically that gets a break from the media.
Think Bruce Arians for some reason the majority of the media doesn’t like JB thus he should just shut up when he isn’t the story.
He should have said what I said. Keep it in your house.
He doesn’t need the scrutiny.

There were 120 before JB even said anything. Good Grief.
What does that even have to do with anything? People will post about anything on this board.

Alls I’m saying is JB’s got a history of embarrassing and unnecessary takes that he shares with the media. It hurts our program’s perception and I don’t understand why anyone tries to defend him anymore. He’s clearly got an ego the size of the dome. Roy and K are right there with him.

Lol JB is still a HOFer and just about every kid we recruit brings that up when they’re asked. I’m more of a Trill Withers guy (RIP Mickstape) than Dragonfly but JB has exponentially more basketball clout than those dudes have clout in general.

If some kid doesn’t want to play for us because a professional tweeter who doesn’t follow college hoops “dunked” on our coach then I’m good on that kid anyways. This is silly

I wish the AD would put a muzzle on JB speaking as freely as he does.
It doesn’t help anybody.
All it does is bring drama.
JB doesn’t care about backlash.
He speaks his mind typically that gets a break from the media.
Think Bruce Arians for some reason the majority of the media doesn’t like JB thus he should just shut up when he isn’t the story.
He should have said what I said. Keep it in your house.
He doesn’t need the scrutiny.

Ehh there’s legit criticism about JB on the team, rotations etc...but he was asked about Duke specifically and he’s right when he said that they are playing better without him. Pretty soft for a slam if you ask me. Nationally people have hated Boeheim for years that’s nothing new and am not surprised they piled on.

As someone who doesn’t agree with our 100% zone strategy and player rotations this year there’s legit criticism about JB and there’s starting to be criticism from people whenever the coach breathes.

Lol JB is still a HOFer and just about every kid we recruit brings that up when they’re asked. I’m more of a Trill Withers guy (RIP Mickstape) than Dragonfly but JB has exponentially more basketball clout than those dudes have clout in general.

If some kid doesn’t want to play for us because a professional tweeter who doesn’t follow college hoops “dunked” on our coach then I’m good on that kid anyways. This is silly

Being a HOFer doesn’t mean anything IMO.
Roy Williams and Bill Self are HOFers they wouldn’t step in this stuff.

They don’t get the lightning rod attention JB does.

Our program is bleeding a lot.
The HC seems more interested airing his PTI takes on everything when he should just be more savvy.
He doesn’t win playing PTI.

every kid we recruit? Umm...We aren’t getting many of the top guys we recruits these days, maybe that clout isn’t pulling on name alone anymore

What does that even have to do with anything? People will post about anything on this board.

Alls I’m saying is JB’s got a history of embarrassing and unnecessary takes that he shares with the media. It hurts our program’s perception and I don’t understand why anyone tries to defend him anymore. He’s clearly got an ego the size of the dome. Roy and K are right there with him.

You literally posted that nobody cares about Jalen Johnson. Apparently our fans did and so did the media who have discussed it all week.

Status
Not open for further replies.