Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Duke's Jalen Johnson will forgo remainder of season, enter NBA Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was he asked about this on his show? Context is everything because this makes it seem like he's sticking his head where it doesn't belong

Im not disagreeing with you. At least I don’t think so.

My point is that the NCAA just has to deal with it.

However, with the G-League getting more established and the OAD likely going away, it will probably take care of itself, to an extent.

Until then, yeah, I’m fine if everyone has to sweat a little if 2 or 3 guys peace out to train. they’ve been getting these talented guys for free. If they need to find alternative solutions, tough cookies.

If Melo had left in March, I would have said thanks for the memories, thanked my deity of choice that Deshaun wasn’t on the team and rooted for Hak, GMac et al.
wow.

Maybe it’s me, but I don’t see any of that attacking the kid. Duke has been better without him, but Twitter gonna Twitter.
Sure, but I think most people here who are familiar with JB are just pissed off that he felt it necessary to say that anyways.

Sure, but I think most people here who are familiar with JB are just pissed off that he felt it necessary to say that anyways.

There’s legit criticisms and faux outrage. This definitely seems like faux outrage.

Comments like these are just stupid and make recruiting that much harder on our assistants. Why comment at all?

And that Jim is as protective as he is of Buddy but feels fine talking about other peoples kids like this and over the years is pretty ugly. And that’s as nice of a way to put it.

I mean how would Jim reply if someone said “Coach, Buddy is hurting the team by shooting more 3’s a game than anyone but only making 31% and he’s keeping better players from playing. Do you think the team would be better without him?”

There’s legit criticisms and faux outrage. This definitely seems like faux outrage.
Think we’re cutting him too much slack. We know he doesn’t care what other people think and says what he says. He has a long history of that. This was unnecessary and dumb. Hurt his national perception, and by consequence/default our program’s.

Think we’re cutting him too much slack. We know he doesn’t care what other people think and says what he says. He has a long history of that. This was unnecessary and dumb. Hurt his national perception, and by consequence/default our program’s.

When he said this about the former Georgetown kid their boosters appreciated it and attempted at least to reach out to him. I'm sure he's a lot more direct with kids privately than this.

When he said this about the former Georgetown kid their boosters appreciated it and attempted at least to reach out to him. I'm sure he's a lot more direct with kids privately than this.
Thats great that their may be appreciation behind the scenes, but this stuff just adds to the glaringly obvious issue in our recruiting thats been proven from AAU coaches/players mouths. Boeheim comes off as a grouchy egotistical old man.

noble SU fans on SU fan site, believing with all their hearts they're engaging in some kind of truth-to-power exercise:
MUST COME TO THE RESCUE OF POOR DEFENSELESS (soon to be multi millionaire lottery pick who just decided to quit) DUKE PLAYER AGAINST OUR MEAN NASTY SENILE HORRIBLE COACH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom