Dukes unstoppable offense | Syracusefan.com

Dukes unstoppable offense

shot 39%

Seriously though. They have so many weapons, it is a credit to our defense and to the environment for slowing them down. At about 2 minutes left on the clock, all I could think of is how many guys they have who could easily hit a game winner. When Harry Giles is like 4th or 5th on that list, you are a stacked team.

Unlike many teams, Duke is a pretty good matchup for us. They generally don't foul much, they usually don't hurt you too badly inside, and are more of a finesse team.

Of course, they slaughtered us on the glass today--didn't see that coming. Glad we outplayed them in the second half--we were down big at halftime.

Close out on our feet and get the long offensive rebounds and we win by 10. I'm not even talking about the offensive rebounds where their 7 foot #1 recruit was grabbing them over our 6'9 guys. I'm talking about the 3 point bricks where our guards were out of position for the rebounds. Gotta have those.

White doesn't give Lydon and Thompson/Roberson any help on the boards.
The first shot D was excellent. Rebounding was frustrating.

The one where it was clearly off a Duke player, and for some unknown reason he tried to save it.

gotta say - kennard is a great player. almost unstoppable.

Someone needs to stop that kid from constantly fixing his hair, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Good player, but add him to the list of Dukie's who need a head slap.

slap.gif

How so?
Defensive rebounding is part of playing defense. I was far more impressed with the rhythm we got into on offense. Let's face it - we were basically trading baskets the entire 2nd half. We could never extend the lead because we couldn't get a stop.

Fortunately we saved our best defensive possession for last.

Defensive rebounding is part of playing defense. I was far more impressed with the rhythm we got into on offense. Let's face it - we were basically trading baskets the entire 2nd half. We could never extend the lead because we couldn't get a stop.

Fortunately we saved our best defensive possession for last.
It's part of but not the same. JB even noted the difference.

It's part of but not the same. JB even noted the difference.
The goal of defense is to get the ball back. If you can't get a rebound to close out the possession it's not good D.

Gillon and Battle willed this victory.

And freaking Tatum. Good lord.

Yep with their talent I expect they should be in the Final Four.

Multiple phenomenal players with solid guard play and an athletic superstar is usually a pretty good recipe. Toss in their pretty good big man and they are en-route!

The goal of defense is to get the ball back. If you can't get a rebound to close out the possession it's not good D.

Gillon and Battle willed this victory.

Yeah, pretty sure the team thought defensive rebounds would result in a violation tonight. Lots of tough bounces but it was a disaster.

So many long rebounds. The guards need to help out, and find their man. That said, we don't win without those guards. White really was the main culprit in my eyes on the glass. No energy.

Maybe he is worn out, but seems to just stand there a lot. The running around on offense, and not being able to get a shot probably doesn't help. But, if a team is gonna take him away then he can't get down, and say screw rebounding because I'm not getting mine.

Lydon always battling down there. High pointing the ball to make sure he gets it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom