Dukes unstoppable offense | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dukes unstoppable offense

Tatum and Kennard were really impressive. We need to stop biting on shot fakes. Duke also botched a bunch of fast breaks which was strange. Yeah, like Franco said right above me the last defensive possesssion was finally really good. Like REALLY good. The offense caught fire 2H and major props to Battle and Gillon for that.

Shot 39% and scored 75. No one even would have to check the rebounding to know they killed us on the offensive glass

In assessing the Duke team, they will have a difficult time winning the national championship for 2 reasons. (1) They don't have a true point guard. Kennard and Allen are good passers but neither one is the type who can blow by a defender. Kennard though gets the defender in the air and can go around him. Also, their M2M defense is not good. (2) They have no rim protector. Our guards had no resistance once they got by their primary defender.

This is the worst offensive and defensive rebounding SU team I can remember. Not sure how that is even possible, given the size and athleticism that is on the floor.
I think our reaction to the ball is insanely slow, more than our actual rebounding deficiencies. It seems like every rebound that comes of at a strange angle we are late to...

With Roberson pretty much relegated to spot minutes someone has to help Lydon on the boards because most of the time he's the only one trying to get the ball when the shot goes up. It's been this way for a few games now. As good as Battle and Gillon were in the 2nd half last night they continuously leak out and go for pump fakes which continues to leave guys wide open threes and rebounds.

This is the worst offensive and defensive rebounding SU team I can remember. Not sure how that is even possible, given the size and athleticism that is on the floor.

Is it? I swear we say this every year. We are never good at rebounding outside of a couple of guys. Even the 11-12 team couldnt grab rebounds.

White doesn't give Lydon and Thompson/Roberson any help on the boards.
The first shot D was excellent. Rebounding was frustrating.
This, and JB let him know about it to late in the second. White overall has done a solid job rebounding this year considering he is 6' 7 at best, and not a great leaper. He is averaging 5 per game.

Is it? I swear we say this every year. We are never good at rebounding outside of a couple of guys. Even the 11-12 team couldnt grab rebounds.
They typically are average at best on the defensive glass but often have been very good rebounders on the offensive boards. This year's team has been generally terrible at offensive rebounding; Roberson was once a terror there but seems to have lost his mojo.

It seems like a real disconnect with the rebounding. I've never seen anything like it. It's all lumped together it seems the lack of desire to rebound, lack of anticipation/awareness, etc. Just the wrong type of guys I guess. Can't all be the zone since Baylor is better than average and they hold their own.

It seems like a real disconnect with the rebounding. I've never seen anything like it. It's all lumped together it seems the lack of desire to rebound, lack of anticipation/awareness, etc. Just the wrong type of guys I guess. Can't all be the zone since Baylor is better than average and they hold their own.
I think it is because we extend the zone so far out it leaves us in bad position

So many long rebounds. The guards need to help out, and find their man. That said, we don't win without those guards. White really was the main culprit in my eyes on the glass. No energy.

Maybe he is worn out, but seems to just stand there a lot. The running around on offense, and not being able to get a shot probably doesn't help. But, if a team is gonna take him away then he can't get down, and say screw rebounding because I'm not getting mine.

Lydon always battling down there. High pointing the ball to make sure he gets it.

I wonder if White was not feeling well. When everyone else was out during shoot around he was not out there. Maybe in getting sick or resting, but he missed shoot around.

I wonder if White was not feeling well. When everyone else was out during shoot around he was not out there. Maybe in getting sick or resting, but he missed shoot around.

Interesting. I hope just resting. He has been a warrior this year. It has to have taken a toll. Luckily, we won so if he is sick then he can hopefully get better by GaTech. Wish we gave him a breather at times. Could have Frank, or Robey in there at times, and move Battle to the three or Robey/Lydon. Definitely don't want him worn out.

Interesting. I hope just resting. He has been a warrior this year. It has to have taken a toll. Luckily, we won so if he is sick then he can hopefully get better by GaTech. Wish we gave him a breather at times. Could have Frank, or Robey in there at times, and move Battle to the three or Robey/Lydon. Definitely don't want him worn out.

So true, but with all the talk of flu like symptoms going around it does make you wonder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom