Dungey’s behavior | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey’s behavior

Exactly. We have a QB version of Gronk playing for us.

If hes gotta do something like this and toss someone out of the club every game fine by me. Some people in here need a safespace...

Maybe a poor comparison, Gronk almost hospitalized a Bills DB on a completely unnecessary hot headed after the play hit (while the db was down) last year.

I don’t want any of our players to act like Gronk.

Exactly. We have a QB version of Gronk playing for us.

If hes gotta do something like this and toss someone out of the club every game fine by me. Some people in here need a safespace...

The difference of course being: without Gronk the Patriots are still easily a legitimate Super Bowl contender. Without Dungey, we are a 1-2 win team.

I would pay good money to have him suspended 3 games for bad behavior. Just to watch the raging meltdown that would go down on this board.

Maybe a poor comparison, Gronk almost hospitalized a Bills DB on a completely unnecessary hot headed after the play hit (while the db was down) last year.

That was a terrible play and I won't defend anything like that Dungey does if Dungey goes that far but he has never come close to doing something that dirty despite the fact hes been on the receiving end of such shots.

The Bills were probably ready to make the local boy their head coach following his retirement until he went and did that too, lol would have been a better move than drafting Josh Allen in the top 10.

There’s two glaring differences between Dungey and Mayfield/Gronk.

Mayfield and gronk had/have teams that could reasonably win/succeed without them.

Mayfield and Gronk are media darlings, on a national level, and I think its naive to think that hasn’t helped them get the benefit of the doubt from officials in the past.

Adams got Adams tossed. Let's be clear about that. He threw punches like a dummy.

Dungey is who he is. We will continue to see that intensity all year. However, the circumstances that surrounded it in game 1 are unlikely to manifest the same way. Big part of it was how the game turned around while he was sitting, imo. Yes I agree with others... has to find a way to at least keep it relatively civil so as not to actually hurt the team. Right now, no question, that intensity is a huge winning ingredient. My concern is defenses trying to take harder, or cheaper, shots at him.

Imagine if Carmelo took a seat on the bench for extended minutes so Matt Gorman (not, not comparing him to TD) could get some valuable experience at the forward spot, while the lead slowly dwindled away? You think he'd be pissed sitting there watching that?

Yeah, that was a complete scumbag play by Gronk. I don't wish a player to get hurt but since I saw him do that...

ED was trying to help the player up, but it wasn't as selfless as many here act. First, the player had just popped him and it was a power move by Dungey. You never help a player off the ground by grabbing just under the shoulder pads and lifting him. That was clearly Dungey trying to show the player up in the moment after a big hit. "Didn't hurt, let me show you how strong I am" type of move.

Dungey is at least partially responsible for Adams and cost one of his OL the rest of the game and the first half of the Wagner game.

Eric is the soul of our team. If anything i want him more fired up. Dino did a piss poor job handling Tommy getting PT. It wasnt fair to Eric, Tommy or the team. Sports are emotional. Check out all the greats.
Jordan
Tiger
Ali
Brady
Lindsey
Lebron
Saben
They all have fire.

I have no problem with his actions, the kid has "Edge" we need that, other players feed off it, the football program has not had someone like that in a long time, we are not playing tiddly winks.
He is G-Mac in cleats! His actions are gonna draw some penalties this year from opponents, if you noticed on the play where he "helped" the WMU player up, the tackles on him were borderline, he will know how to dial it back enough to be ok, but get under some skin.
On Friday I'm thinking he was more like another ED
Eric Devendorf
;)

Hey, He's a helpful guy. I think he was trying to help this BC player up too, and his friend.

Eric is the soul of our team. If anything i want him more fired up. Dino did a piss poor job handling Tommy getting PT. It wasnt fair to Eric, Tommy or the team. Sports are emotional. Check out all the greats.
Jordan
Tiger
Ali
Brady
Lindsey
Lebron
Saben
They all have fire.

They knew/know when to compose themselves and not get drawn in. Well except Jordan I guess.

I like Johnny Manziel. There, I said it.

Johnny-Manziel-Stiff-Arm.jpg

There's a line. He gets close to it due to emotion. It also helps him play and makes him a leader among his teammates. It's who he is. If he goes over the line, we tsk tsk. But for my money? It's a net positive.

He's been a starter for 3 years because he's talented but how do you know he hasnt missed reads and checks because he got his competitive juices flowing? I've seen him pull the ball on zone reads several times when he was suppose to give it.

You could say that about every quarterback in college football. And I like the emotion he plays with. How many plays does he make because of those competitve juices.

I remember people here flipping out about Bradley Chubb's behavior against us last year. He was just playing with an "edge" though, what's the big deal, right?

Some guys need to play with an edge to be successful. If Eric is one of those guys, I have no problem with it, as long as he's staying in the game.

I think we can all agree based on the replay, he was over the line on those 2 plays. just need to tone it down a tad, thats all. we need him to stay right at the line, just not over it.

I remember people here flipping out about Bradley Chubb's behavior against us last year. He was just playing with an "edge" though, what's the big deal, right?

yup same with the LBer from clemson from 2 years ago.

You could say that about every quarterback in college football. And I like the emotion he plays with. How many plays does he make because of those competitve juices.
You absolutely right so why can't I say it about ours? and I actually love the emotion he plays but it doesnt mean he doesnt have to be careful. I'm not sure what to say if you don't think Dino has conversations with Dungey about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom