Dungey drafted to XFL 3.0 DC Defenders | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey drafted to XFL 3.0 DC Defenders

For anyone in the DMV area looking to get their football fix, the DC Defenders play at Audi Field and their QB is our very own Eric Dungey. Here is the schedule. All the games are nationally televised, as well.

1673539016747.png

There’s only room for one football team in my heart and that’s the Orange but let’s just say that the DC Defenders will be on my radar for a while to casually watch. Doesn’t hurt that they have my initials either!

That’s great to see. I had a meeting with a guy who represents a lot of XFL players and he said there is a completely different pipeline now to the NFL through the XFL. The rock and his wife have partnered with the NFL to make it more like the G league for these types of guys and to be called up rather quickly. The NFL has invested big big dollars into it too behind closed doors. Great for guys like ED

That’s great to see. I had a meeting with a guy who represents a lot of XFL players and he said there is a completely different pipeline now to the NFL through the XFL. The rock and his wife have partnered with the NFL to make it more like the G league for these types of guys and to be called up rather quickly. The NFL has invested big big dollars into it too behind closed doors. Great for guys like ED

Smart move by the NFL, not only does it give them a "minor league" pipeline but also a chance to try out new rules, in game adjustments and the such to better the NFL Product.

Smart move by the NFL, not only does it give them a "minor league" pipeline but also a chance to try out new rules, in game adjustments and the such to better the NFL Product.
Not to mention another source of revenue and maximizing that stream over the course of a full year.

It makes all the sense in the world for the NFL. There’s demand for the product.

How does the XFL impact Syracuse? Good or bad or TBD?

Didn't Jordan Ta Amu absolutely light up the other spring league last year or the year before?

Looks like Eric is QB3 on the depth chart :(
Hard to imagine 2 QBs are better than Eric on a team at this level. Let's hope he ends up the starter.

Audi Field is one of those awesome smaller sized MLS stadia. It is very new and only a couple of blocks from the Nats baseball stadium. A double header of football and baseball looks like it could be done pretty easily over a given weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom