Dungey drafted to XFL 3.0 DC Defenders | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dungey drafted to XFL 3.0 DC Defenders

I was something online with him behind Taamu and D'Eriq king.

Man if he’s QB3 my interest level in the game just went from a 9 to a 1.5.

Listed as QB1

The other article I found was "guessing" based of playing experience
that Taamu would start and King/Dungey would still get playing time and might even be at other positions

D.C. Defenders Projected Depth Chart For The Upcoming XFL Season

This is the article with a projected depth chart. Not quite sure how informed this is or just someone guessing.

XFL 2023 Fantasy Football Player Rankings By Position

But the above link shows that there are apparently people doing fantasy leagues for the XFL? Anyway this article has Jordan Ta'amu as the #1 QB. But note that it is by the same guy that did the depth chart above.

He had this to say below. He makes it sounds like an uphill battle to unseat Ta'amu but it also sound like the offense should be a tailor made fit for Dungey so I certainly wouldn't count him out.

"While there’s still uncertainty regarding XFL depth charts on opening day, there might be some surprises in starting lineups when the season arrives. No matter, You can be rest assured that Jordan Ta’amu will be one of the most productive weekly players in the XFL.

Not only is Ta’amu coming off a 2022 USFL season, where he led all quarterbacks in passing yards (2,014) and passing touchdowns (14). But he also led all signal-callers in rush yards from scrimmage (365). Ta’amu was ninth in the league in rushing.

In case you are not familiar with Defenders’ offensive coordinator Fred Kaiss. (pronounced Kice). The ‘Kice Man’ has coordinated some of the nation’s best-rushing attacks over the years. The Defenders will be multiple in their ground game, and Ta’amu is a perfect fit in an RPO-styled attack. A style of offense he excelled at in St. Louis three years ago."

Listed as QB1

The other article I found was "guessing" based of playing experience
that Taamu would start and King/Dungey would still get playing time and might even be at other positions
I don't have access to this. So this article has Dungey as QB 1?

1676320752925.png

This was from xflnewshub.com on Jan 20. I'm assuming it is somewhat legit. (shrug emoji). Not arguing, just providing something I saw.

I don't have access to this. So this article has Dungey as QB 1?

It’s rotowire which is a fantasy site.

The Giants, Brown, and Bengals gave him a chance, but he wasn't good enough and got cut. He had a fair chance...three times.
He barely played how many snaps did get get I. Real time with this teams?

Draftkings which would be the best spot to look has Dungey listed as the 3rd stringer. Ta amu is listed as the solid starter unfortunately

He barely played how many snaps did get get I. Real time with this teams?

I don’t watch the NFL, is it common for them to put the last QB on the bench in games for extended time to see how they do while they’re also trying to win a championship………?

The Giants, Brown, and Bengals gave him a chance, but he wasn't good enough and got cut. He had a fair chance...three times.
Giants played him at TE in camp before cutting him, but your point is still true. Lack of opportunities definitely isn’t the reason for him not being in the league.

Hope he gets to play today. That’s the only reason I’ll be watching.

I don’t really care if he makes it to the NFL. I just enjoy watching Eric play. He’s one of my all time favorites. And what he did here was really remarkable given the situation(s).

I hope it works out for him.

He also re-injured his back when he was trying out for the Giants, right?

Hope he gets to play today. That’s the only reason I’ll be watching.

I don’t really care if he makes it to the NFL. I just enjoy watching Eric play. He’s one of my all time favorites. And what he did here was really remarkable given the situation(s).

I hope it works out for him.

He already did "make it," in the sense that he was in the bigs, on a roster [in Cleveland]. Doesn't matter that it was the practice squad.

He also had a lengthy stint with the Bengals organization [admittedly, primarily in the off-season] two years ago.

Love Dungey, wish he had just a bit more arm talent, but most players don't come close to the NFL. At least he had a cup of coffee.

He already did "make it," in the sense that he was in the bigs, on a roster [in Cleveland]. Doesn't matter that it was the practice squad.

He also had a lengthy stint with the Bengals organization [admittedly, primarily in the off-season] two years ago.

Love Dungey, wish he had just a bit more arm talent, but most players don't come close to the NFL. At least he had a cup of coffee.
I get it. Let me rephrase… I hope Eric finds what he’s looking for.

I've always called Dungey, a poor man's Tim Tebow. Not as an insult, just similar game, but not quite at his level in college. And the claims that nobody gives Dungey a shot in the XFL, is just a notch below nobody gives Tebow a shot in the NFL.

If he deserved snaps he would have got them. Teams aren’t in business to not play players that can help.
In principle of course you are right. Practically speaking, however, I don’t think these things are ever that black and white. You get injured at the wrong time, some bad luck, you just never know. I think that’s all people here are saying.

Personally, I believed he could have been a gadget player in the right offense. The operative phrase being the right offense. It didn’t happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom