EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

EA Sports is bringing back College Football video game

Tackling is very tricky

I used to be a VERY good madden player, like entered tournaments etc

I’ve never missed so many tackles, you can’t just hit the tackle button near the guy and expect to tackle him like in madden etc

One thing I’ll say is even with the game being a bit more difficult the details, sounds , presentation etc are flat out awesome. This and then GTA 6 when it comes out will be all to ever need a system for.

I’ve heard that one flaw in the game is that there are too many FCS over FBS upsets.

Tackling is very tricky

I’ve never missed so many tackles, you can’t just hit the tackle button near the guy and expect to tackle him like in madden etc
Ditto. Just not the Madden tourney part:) Tackling is tough as all hell. If you are not directly lined up in the exact direction to nail a guy, you aint takin him down. There is no AI tackle assist, just being near the ball carrier wont net you a tackle. At all.

One thing I’ll say is even with the game being a bit more difficult the details, sounds , presentation etc are flat out awesome. This and then GTA 6 when it comes out will be all to ever need a system for.
This is all very true!

1721223053712.gif

I keep seeing TikTok videos of people saying the game's great but it's way harder than they expected.
I like to start off as a coordinator at a trash school, so obviously I chose UConn with a Big Apple pipeline. I'm trying to set myself up for Syracuse.

The recruiting is hard and way too involved. But I feel like it'll be fun once I get a good job and don't have to recruit to East Hartford.

I’ve heard that one flaw in the game is that there are too many FCS over FBS upsets.
I saw that on reddit too. That hasn't happened in mine. Probably just a quirk.

Tackling is very tricky

Wonder why. It's an interesting design choice.

Has anyone adjusted the sliders yet to compensate for the difficulties on defense? I don't get the game til Friday but I'll be looking to adjust the tackling sliders if it's hard.

No shame in my game ha.

Has anyone adjusted the sliders yet to compensate for the difficulties on defense? I don't get the game til Friday but I'll be looking to adjust the tackling sliders if it's hard.

No shame in my game ha.
I stopped playing defense as it was pissing me off to much, so I'm sure with the harder defense this year I'll do the same.

I always play video games for fun not a challenge to much of that nonsense in real life :)

PS5 is just the more reliable and powerful system. I'd much rather have one than an XBox regardless if it's more expensive.
You still believe in Santy Clause too?;) Series X is boss. No other console currently beats it.

Last edited:
View attachment 243009

You're literally Pete.
Because I'm debunking a decade old trope that was true back in the PS3/360 days? I don't understand. PS5 on the left. Series X on the right.
CPU8-core 3.5 GHz AMD Zen 28-core, 3.8 GHz AMD Zen 2
GPU10.3 teraflop AMD RDNA 212.0 teraflop AMD RDNA 2

I went with the series X because I'm a Bethesda homer and at this point kind of wish I got the PS5 as it's had better exclusives and Microsoft is just kind of pooping all over themselves with how terrible their exclusives have been.

Because I'm debunking a decade old trope that was true back in the PS3/360 days? I don't understand. PS5 on the left. Series X on the right.
CPU8-core 3.5 GHz AMD Zen 28-core, 3.8 GHz AMD Zen 2
GPU10.3 teraflop AMD RDNA 212.0 teraflop AMD RDNA 2
It's a joke, Pete says "Santy Clause".

Did you get any discount with Amazon Prime Day? I was going to wait til September to get my Ps5...I watched some guys play CFB2025 and MLBtheShow...As a 34 year old man, I tried to go over the talking points of not buying a gaming console...I really tried, but I will buying a system...The ability to play some sort of Sports game online ($25/ps5/month), and connect with other older millenials was too hard to pass up...
Not really. I think maybe $50 cheaper if anything.

It's a joke, Pete says "Santy Clause".
Lol, got it. I didn't get the reference, thanks for explaining. Thought you were just calling me the board villian :oops:

I went with the series X because I'm a Bethesda homer and at this point kind of wish I got the PS5 as it's had better exclusives and Microsoft is just kind of pooping all over themselves with how terrible their exclusives have been.
If you don't mind. Which titles? I'm curious. Also a Bethesda homer, but already was an xbox guy so the Bethesda thing just happened as a result. Originally I was PS but switched when the 360 came out strictly so I could play Left4Dead. Never had much choice after my initial switch because my wife just assemed I preferred Xbox and surprised me with both my Xbox One and Series X as Christmas gifts. She never actually asked and I wasn't about to ho-hum my wife buying me a console!

If you don't mind. Which titles? I'm curious. Also a Bethesda homer, but already was an xbox guy so the Bethesda thing just happened as a result. Originally I was PS but switched when the 360 came out strictly so I could play Left4Dead. Never had much choice after my initial switch because my wife just assemed I preferred Xbox and surprised me with both my Xbox One and Series X as Christmas gifts. She never actually asked and I wasn't about to ho-hum my wife buying me a console!
Redfall - which is a shame because Arkane hit it out of the park with Deathloop. You can't even play this turd in 60 fps.
Starfield - I have a blast with it but it pales compared to Fallout and Elder Scroll games. This was for sure a home run for them.
Halo 5 - overall lack of content was disappointing
Halo Infinite - same as above and ugh microtransaction city
Scorn - did not meet expectations in the trailers, was a totally different game it seemed

I get Miscrosoft went the route of trying to acquire more companies see Activision but the exclusives are lacking and not great.

Look back at the titles they had for the 360 that was the golden age for them.

Lol, got it. I didn't get the reference, thanks for explaining. Thought you were just calling me the board villian :oops:
Lol nah man, it's from Mickeys Once Upon a Christmas. We watch it every year. Pete teases Goofy's kid for believing in Santy Clause.

Last edited:
Lol nah man, it's from Mickeys Once Upon a Christmas. We watch it every year.

Also called Santy Clause by Marv and Harry in another Christmas classic, Home Alone

Oh absolutely

I actually like the tackling how it is, albeit harder, because you have to actually position yourself etc and you can’t make freak tackles

It’s just an adjustment

Oh absolutely

I actually like the tackling how it is, albeit harder, because you have to actually position yourself etc and you can’t make freak tackles

It’s just an adjustment
So I'm not paying an extra $20 for a few extra days but I did kick the trial last night. Quick play exhibition on Varsity, SU vs Pitt. I only played the first half but other than the damn 95 yard pick 6 I threw, I shut out their offense and don't even think I gave up a first down. I definitely didn't let them cross the 50. I do not understand this difficult defense people are speaking of.

TBC: I can't pass for doggie turds though.

I keep seeing TikTok videos of people saying the game's great but it's way harder than they expected.

I saw someone on Twitter post about them beating Rutgers by 52 using Minnesota. So yeah, seems like the game is a little tougher than you’d expect. Figured the margin would at least be 80+.

* should this go in the Rutgers thread?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom