Eric Dungey’s last home game | Syracusefan.com

Eric Dungey’s last home game

Dungey will be well remembered, high on a list of greatest SU QB's. I've loved having him represent SU and respect his achievements. I hope he finishes strong, for himself, for SU, and for all of us. I've followed him since he committed, with a high expectation for his time at SU. He chose US more than SU chose him which also means something to me. His time as QB started sooner than expected but he hasn't disappointed. I've loved his leaps, his runs, his passion, his timely passing, and his determination. I hope he's saved his best for his last few games...Thanks Eric...

He's as tough and passionate as they come, and he laid it all out there every time he stepped on the field. As cliche as it sounds, he played for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back.

He'll be missed, but he certainly won't be forgotten.

We have done some great things this year however we are also wining against the lower teams in the ACC right now. We can compete with the bigger teams right now but still have a ways to go. Dungey has been fun to watch. I think I’d say losing population in the upstate area as the number 1 reason we don’t draw like we used to but also fans aren’t going to just up and run back after years and years of losing seasons...it takes time...however with what we have now they should be at least curious about the teams success recently

We have done some great things this year however we are also wining against the lower teams in the ACC right now. We can compete with the bigger teams right now but still have a ways to go. Dungey has been fun to watch. I think I’d say losing population in the upstate area as the number 1 reason we don’t draw like we used to but also fans aren’t going to just up and run back after years and years of losing seasons...it takes time...however with what we have now they should be at least curious about the teams success recently

I feel sorry for any Syracuse 'fan' who may have gotten so discouraged that they missed watching 4 years of one of the all time great SU football players. A passionate competitor who probably should have played a little less for the benefit of his own body.

Guess our whole division except Clemson is “lower rated”?

NC state was ranked in the top 25.

When he runs, I basically always assume he’s going to get the first down no matter how hopeless it looks.

There can be all 11 defenders in his way and like 20 yards to go and I assume he’ll make someone miss, run someone over, karate kick someone, and stretch the ball just enough to get it.

This thread is a very odd place for this post...

This thread is a very odd place for this post...

I’d like to think he was just imitating the average clueless CNY local who goes to Georgia Florida Line concerts instead of Syracuse football games, and thinks he’s edgy because he just now started drinking craft beer and grew a beard, that watches parts of Syracuse football games 2-3 times per year and instinctively talks all jaded even though he has no idea what he’s talking about.

Right? You were just imitating. Mocking. Right? That wasn’t serious, surely?

1. Donovan McNabb
2. Don McPherson
3. Eric Dungey
4. Marvin Graves
5. Ryan Nassib

Marvin is number 3. Love Eric.

But Marvin was just surgical running the option. Surgical! And he could throw downfield. Dungey JUST broke his passing yardage record in an entirely different passing based era.

How about the next 5?
I’ll give it whirl
(Leaving our Bill Hurley or thosebecause I didn’t watch his career)

6.Todd Philcox
7.Troy Nunes
8.Greg Paulus
9.Kevin Mason
10.Joe Fields... jk... probably RJ

Last edited:
My wife, who will be 39 weeks, looked at me last week and said it’s Senior Day and Dungey’s last game, we’re going right?

Game on.

Bittersweet day, as it was this Sr. Class that really started the turnaround. Very happy for them, our fans and everyone involved in the program.

#packthedome - they’ve earned it!

Marvin is number 3. Love Eric.

But Marvin was just surgical running the option. Surgical! And he could throw downfield. Dungey JUST broke his passing yardage record in an entirely different passing based era.
Dungey also has to win A bowl game.

But even so, #4 at best.

DeVito could jump to #1, his freshman year has already been...eventful.

1. Donovan McNabb
2. Don McPherson
3. Eric Dungey
4. Marvin Graves
5. Ryan Nassib

Eric helped turn around a losing program with an amazing attitude. Stepping into a losing locker room and maintaining that very visible desire to win, that's great leadership. This ranking, if the idea is what they meant to the program, seems about right to me.

Eric helped turn around a losing program with an amazing attitude. Stepping into a losing locker room and maintaining that very visible desire to win, that's great leadership. This ranking, if the idea is what they meant to the program, seems about right to me.

Marvin is #3. I assume some of you didn’t see him run the option in the early 90s. To me its not debateable

I love Dungey but he can't be ahead of Graves. This will be the first year he finishes the year with a winning record.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom